Why I want Wrath Era

i dont see the point in wrath era.

you want old dungeons? go do classic era.

the game is a snooze fest if left on the ICC patch. PvP? everyone just 1 shots each other. unless they remove the ICC buff forever then there is no point in raiding either.

2 Likes

have you even played Vanilla? It’s incredibly boring, spamming 1 button for hours in a raid with no thought involved
Wrath had viable specs in PVE and PvP, great talent trees, hybrid builds, fun rotations

2 Likes

And? The exact same critique can be made of vanilla.

1 Like

Well yes and they tried vanilla era and it failed… can you spot the problem?

2 Likes

Vanilla era still exists so no.

2 Likes

Well yes and era is still a wasteland. so you approve?

1 Like

Yes I’d be fine with merging wrath servers done to a couple servers like they did in vanilla era.

4 Likes

They didn’t merge servers. They connected realms.

Same difference.

2 Likes

Not really. There’s the same number of servers. You said get it down to a couple servers. They didn’t do that with Classic Era. All the servers are there.

The only difference between merged and linked is you see - ServerName after some people’s names.

3 Likes

And there being a lot less servers.

If they actually merged, players would lose character names. Guilds might lose guild names.

1 Like

if they merged wrath servers it would be good as there are less than 10 per area

the only thing is the chinese and Spanish language in LFG and in groups can mess up raids

1 Like

I’m not saying they couldn’t merge them down to a server or two for Wrath Era. Just that they didn’t do that with Classic Era.

1 Like

it’s crazy, I took 2 months off when Classic was out & when I came back my server had literally 3 people on it
had to abandon two characters

Failed? Vanilla era is fine dude, u even play on there to know xD. On the firsts days, yeah was deserts servers, due the fact blizz dindt MERGE the f servers, thats is.

3 Likes

There should be Era Servers for every expac they decided to run back, but now the precedent has been established that only Vanilla is getting this treatment. If they won’t do it for Wrath, they won’t do it for anything else.

1 Like

Era was a meme. Still is to an extend currently

Era has a higher population than every other version of the game besides SOD

Clearly, Era style servers are what the people want

2 Likes

I don’t think we have reliable data to prove that. But even if it’s true simply looking at the high point doesn’t tell the whole story. It’s population over time that matters. Vanilla era seems to have a series of extreme lows and highs while BC and Wrath seems to have a more stable population. It’s possible that over time the average population of Era and BC or Wrath could be equal or have some other outcome.

Sorry that conclusion doesn’t follow. If in fact Vanilla era is the most popular version of wow it’s possible that it’s because Vanilla is the most popular version of wow. It’s doesn’t tell us anything about whether BC era or Wrath era will be popular.

1 Like