Why I Hate The Forsaken

10/26/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha
10/26/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Amadis
They called me Three Piece Amadis. Makes me blush even now just thinking about it.
There was a Night Elf who used to post here called Three Slot Bag. Are you them?

... Seriously? ... Go check the first post.
10/26/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Amadis
...There was a Night Elf who used to post here called Three Slot Bag. Are you them?

Noooooooooooooooo it's so long! You can't make me!
10/26/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha

Just look for the Threeslotbag quote! It's right at the top!
10/26/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Amadis
...Noooooooooooooooo it's so long! You can't make me!

To be fair, Threeslot making a thread like this and quoting themselves totally sounds like something they would do.
2 Likes
10/26/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Saiphas
Hey Kazala, absolutely a YMMV situation, I personally don't like Nathanos' attitude, but I think I can see why it can be appealing for others. Also, did you ever get a chance to look at my reply to you on the Zandalar hypothetical?
Yes, i saw it at work when i didn't have time to respond, thanks for reminding me.

There was a Night Elf who used to post here called Three Slot Bag. Are you them?
This thread just went incredible places.
1 Like
10/26/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Kazala
10/26/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Saiphas
Hey Kazala, absolutely a YMMV situation, I personally don't like Nathanos' attitude, but I think I can see why it can be appealing for others. Also, did you ever get a chance to look at my reply to you on the Zandalar hypothetical?
Yes, i saw it at work when i didn't have time to respond, thanks for reminding me.

This thread just went incredible places.

Ok, so I AM NOT wrong in thinking this was going where I thought it was.
1 Like
It is a damn shame what happened to this thread. I actually thought the OP was quite nice. :-\
10/26/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Grandblade
It is a damn shame what happened to this thread. I actually thought the OP was quite nice. :-\

What are you talking about? The thread completely reformed a few pages ago.

....Aside from the last, hilarious, memetic posts that is.
1 Like
10/26/2018 11:04 PMPosted by Kharinak
10/26/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Amadis
To be fair, Threeslot making a thread like this and quoting themselves totally sounds like something they would do.

Great. Now we have a conspiracy theory.

Here's one last funny story about The Culinary Institute of America for you all before I go to bed involving a conspiracy:

My sister and I, as I described, look nothing alike. Add in the oddity of our age difference, and the fact that I loved wearing three piece suits, there started an insane conspiracy theory around campus that I was not actually my sister's brother. That my sister was actually someone super important and I was actually a hired bodyguard planted to attend with her to keep her safe.

In our third year there, one of our classmates actually came right up to me and asked "So what's your actual last name?" And mind you, I hadn't heard this rumor yet, so I was very confused as to what she was asking about. She explained the rumor to me, and let me tell you, I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

But I'm getting delirious from sleep now, so off to bed I go before I start telling more embarrassing stories.
I feel like OP is probably insightfully written, but I'm also in this boat. I clicked the TL;DR: and assumed it was basically a thread that suggests to make the forsaken better we have to make a new mmo.
1 Like
Has anyone here actually listened to Nathanos' <stay a while and listen>? He's not turning on her, he's balls deep in whatever her grand plan is. His fate will be the same as hers. Whatever kind of depth you think they added to his character in BtS simply hasnt been shown in game. He didn't hesitate to burn down Teldrassil he was just caught off guard, like Saurfang, because the two of them were in the middle of a conversation. He's completely content to go to Darkshore and raise some dead Night Elves after having already spent some time in Kul Tiras raising people there. The line you think she will eventually cross does not exist for him. They burnt down a city full of people together.
1 Like
10/26/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Treng
...Noooooooooooooooo it's so long! You can't make me!
I feel like OP is probably insightfully written, but I'm also in this boat. I clicked the TL;DR: and assumed it was basically a thread that suggests to make the forsaken better we have to make a new mmo.

Man, someone finally asked about the video link. Was waiting forever. My point was to not give a TL;DR at all, that in bringing up Carl Sagan's point about to make an apple pie you first have to create the universe, and that in linking that my point was that to actually understand why I feel the way I do about the Forsaken you have to understand what made me the way I am from the beginning as well.

But, seriously, sleep now.
10/26/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Jenzirt
Has anyone here actually listened to Nathanos' <stay a while and listen>? He's not turning on her, he's balls deep in whatever her grand plan is. His fate will be the same as hers. Whatever kind of depth you think they added to his character in BtS simply hasnt been shown in game. He didn't hesitate to burn down Teldrassil he was just caught off guard, like Saurfang, because the two of them were in the middle of a conversation. He's completely content to go to Darkshore and raise some dead Night Elves after having already spent some time in Kul Tiras raising people there. The line you think she will eventually cross does not exist for him. They burnt down a city full of people together.

I mean he can change his mind. Also if you think that because they didn't show something in game, it won't result in an in-game change, all I have is infinite laughter.

Half of the !@#$ we spend arguing about on the forums is not contained within the game itself, or is an event created as a byproduct of something in one of the short stories/novellas.

That's just how Blizzard likes to tell stories to you...by making you give them tons of money.
1 Like
I just like the Forsaken because they are cool undead.
1 Like
10/26/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Darethy
10/26/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Jenzirt

I mean he can change his mind. Also if you think that because they didn't show something in game, it won't result in an in-game change, all I have is infinite laughter.

Half of the !@#$ we spend arguing about on the forums is not contained within the game itself, or is an event created as a byproduct of something in one of the short stories/novellas.

That's just how Blizzard likes to tell stories to you...by making you give them tons of money.

That's my point though, it's in a book. Do you think they're going to go the route of having him turn on her in a book or show it in game? I know they killed Cairne off in a book, but something like this would be more relevant to the story that is currently unfolding.

I also think I just have a problem With Golden's portrayal of them both in BtS and I see A Good War as more true to their characters.

What do you think would be a line that she would cross for him to say "nope I'm done with this" after burning down a city?
1 Like

That's my point though, it's in a book. Do you think they're going to go the route of having him turn on her in a book or show it in game? I know they killed Cairne off in a book, but something like this would be more relevant to the story that is currently unfolding.

I also think I just have a problem With Golden's portrayal of them both in BtS and I see A Good War as more true to their characters.

What do you think would be a line that she would cross for him to say "nope I'm done with this" after burning down a city?

Is actually bewildered

Huh....

Wha....

Saiphas, did you see anyone slip something into my drink?

I'm so confused....
10/26/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Darethy

Is actually bewildered

Huh....

Wha....

I'm so confused....

I...got nothing dude, Like I don't but it IS late so maybe it will make some sense in the morning? (I know it wont but let me have my delusions)
10/26/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Darethy

Is actually bewildered

Huh....

Wha....

I'm so confused....

It was a transitional story between Wrath and Cata it didn't happen in the middle of the expansion. Nathanos turning on her would likely happen during the continuing narrative of BFA, not the prelude or epilogue.
1 Like
Cairne is literally, one of the single most important lore figures in Tauren culture. He was their guiding light for years, and arguably he's Garrosh's start of darkness. Thunder Bluff got raided by the Grimtotem, killing people in their sleep, completely off screen and...

Yeah it's kind of a big deal to have a faction leader die entirely within a big and re contextualize the entire war for resources in Ashenvale, as well as beyond.

There's nothing irrational in thinking that the seeds of Nathanos's doubts would be sown in a book, and then represented in game. Hell, that's probably BETTER then everything that happened to Cairne by a country mile.
1 Like
Damn it. I can't sleep now.

10/26/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Maelfarion
I just like the Forsaken because they are cool undead.

I think this is a perfectly fine reason to like the Forsaken.