Why I hate pvp in this game

Its also much easier to scale down to a bracket you’re capped at then it is to farm out the 100k honor needed for max level pvp. On top of getting the rating required to use said honor.

Oh I agree. But make the scale more appropriate for the people your fighting (lower scaled level). The current scaling means your always at the top of the battleground unless fighting a BFA Alt or another 60.

So the guy just levelling his alt with a couple of BGs might actually get to have a chance instead of being mincemeat by some 60 with an inferiority complex.

no. the template is 129 not max level for the bracket. my level 51 has 113 ilvl. 16k outside of bgs and 20k inside. the higher level you get after 51 the less bonus stamina your toon recieves. i have a theory that slots with gear in them which the ilvl is extremely low it doesn’t register in bgs and no bonus stamina is given. like if you used your 50 boost and jumped right into bgs. the ilvl is so low once you get to 51 your toon doesn’t get the bonus stam.

Exactly, this is how our current system was designed.
Rating will take a couple hours. 100k Honor, not so much.
1000+ games in ranked 2v2?, or grind other seemingly easier/faster options vs weaker opponents.
Once upgraded, every dedicated player will have to farm numerous rifts in order to properly upgrade conduits.
It is one mundane grind after the next.

BFA Mythic raid drops ilvl135s at 50, which imo Relic of the Past should/could have been set up within these areas. The closest option starts at level 56, 57 with BOE greens.
Purposely set up this way to give end game characters (60s Sync) in the 51-59 bracket power/ease to sustain another mundane grind for honor.
Levelers are literally lambs led to the slaughter.
It is not the players fault imo, both sides of it.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you. It’s Blizz that needs to fix the whole PVP scene and they’ve refused to listen to the player base. It’s very sad.

I have a feeling those queue times would drop dramatically too.

Arena que will be longer, becouse more people would play bgs. I would rarerly play arena with my friend for fun.
Rating removing my fun playing wow.

3 Likes

Queue times are fairly short, though.

And you’ll be able to reach 259 with just honor soon.

1 Like

This is an RPG, not Call of Duty or some crap. This is a game where you take time to farm gear, whether pvp or pve, when the heck did it become the norm for people to think they “ding” a certain level and get equal gear as those who have farmed for hours and hours.

This is nuts, maybe it wasn’t Bobby who borked the game, maybe it was those who grew up cheating Zelda and Metroid, who never even tried to beat them regularly, maybe the people who ruined it, were inpatient and unwilling to participate in the grind that an rpg institutes, all along. =(

1 Like

84 Matches and 100k Honor.
I would think a player in Koritha gear fully upgraded with Sockets and 252 Conduits+ 100k Honor earned has played more than you. One example.
How about 500 Random BGS?
Should they not be on par?

In regards to pvp, I think most people just complain about the rating gates.

2 Likes

Hec, that is exactly what makes it so not fun. I will more than likely do my first 2v2 or 3v3 as the RBG q’s are nearly dead, and the players (we the dregs at the end of the season) are bitter, toxic and unyielding. There is just no fun in it at this point.

Sorry for the edit, I believe even though I play in 60 RBG’s the issues tend to be the same as the levelers coming up, gear imbalance combined with radically misaligned matching.

2 Likes

Simple solution make pvp gear scale down in PVE. Keep the bads out of my BGs for gear pve purposes.

It’s already weak relative to PvP gear.

2 Likes

Effort. You mean effort.

2 Likes

This. I’ve been saying it for years, too many people playing this game that hate and/or don’t understand it and need to find a new genre. Probably a phone game judging by what they are looking for.

2 Likes

Imagine not understanding that the same creators of the most successful mobile game are now working on WOW.
Same systems same psychology, didn’t even need to outsource for patents.
Same company.
We are playing World of Warcraft meets Candy Crush, right now!

3 Likes

So out of curiosity I googled ‘most successful mobile game’.

Candy crush saga is only number 7. With no.1 making almost double it’s revenue.

Yeah I miss WoD pvp, I could actually have fun on my pvp alts instead of on drowning in chores on my alts.

3 Likes

One of the most successful systems in Mobile games. Better, without an edit.
Catch my drift? Candy Crush revolutionized the genre imo. There are university studies on its methods to success.