Why I hate pvp in this game

The disparity in item levels does not happen until the 40-49 bracket with the introduction of (48) Shadowlands Gear. Although here in 10-39s the x5, x9 etc. have a decent advantage due to more Abilities/Spells being available vs x0. Scaling also exists.

• Edit due to forum quote bug. :upside_down_face:
1 Like

I use whatever enchants/consumables etc. are available to me. Are you saying that once I get to the 40s, people with SL gear will overpower this?

10-39 item levels are very tight, well done imo.
Once in the 40-49 bracket players will have Shadowlands gear at 48, plus Covenants.
Entry level at 40 is ilvl 45’ish iirc for comparison purposes.
You will be there soon, let us know.

1 Like

At level 39, the gear you get from boxes is ilvl 45. I ignore that because heirloom gear and auction house gear is around 48.

top pvp gear is 259.
26 ilvls difference is the same we had in Mop. honor to conq gear lol.

1 Like

is there a way to do that without being in party with lower lvl?

again…“your” and “you’re” are two entirely different words.

1 Like

And yet in MoP I remember being able to fight full conq gear without feeling that I will be blasted away in couple hits

2 Likes

Wotlk ilvl gap was much lower.
And you would still get blasted away in couple hits. 1 shot if they had shadowmourne and will of northrend trinket.

1 Like

Party sync 60s are more dominating in the 40s and 50s bracket. Not 30s, they are pretty average which is how it should be across all bracket.

3 Likes

ilvl difference =/= stat difference

There could be a 10ilvl difference but if mop gear was give +4 more stats where now its giving +40, you’re focusing on the wrong thing

2 Likes

It was actually 28 ilvls between honor and conquest in MoP, for example in s15 the s14 gear was 522 for honor and 550 for conquest gear. This was bigger than the gap in both Cata (13 ilvls) and WoD (10 ilvls) but the important thing to remember about MoP is that the BiS conquest gear was available in the same way honor gear was. You didn’t have to do arena, by the time s14 came around the first win of the day gave 150 conquest with 75 conquest per win after that, as well as dailies on the isle of thunder that gave conquest. You could also just do like 10 2s wins per week at any rating and have that BiS gear, just slower than people with higher rating.

I have a feeling if 259 gear was available in the same way with no rating gates you’d have a lot less people complaining about a 26 ilvl gap between that and honor gear.

22 Likes

the template players get matches exactly what boa ilevel is at X9 in every bracket up to 49. at 50 its garbage and in 51-59 its the closest to average (ilvl of boas at 56) across every bracket.
its hilarious to me that 60’s get singled out for partysync when everyone can do it. a level 40 player can sync into 10-19. they will also have the exact same template a big bad 60 would get in their “max gear” or whatever excuse lazy people use.
maybe gear your alts for pvp.

Sure you could get them outside arenas or rbgs, but it would take considerably longer and the higher rating you had the more points you could accumulate per week, therefore gearing faster.
It was just faster to queue 2s.

I dont believe it at all. People would want it even lower or eliminated because they will blame anything but themselves.
There are two strong narratives going on
A → 1 shots happens solonely because of gear, its false, you can be in duelist gear and still get 1 shot. There is much more than gear as a factor, monks in 9.1 were AoEng everyone down because of how talent and conduits synergized. I remember watching a 220ish monk take down a 240 hunter in that spinning lol.
B → You are stuck at 1400/1600/1800 whatever because you lack gear, which is false, thats not the reason at all people are getting stuck there. I played with them i can tell whitout a doubt the major reason they get stuck.

I am very average and still got 1800 in my main in august and in my alts recently whitout anything but the renow and conduits from the oribos vendor and 177 pvp gear, but i had the displeasure to meet many low rated players, like myself. However they were extremely toxic acting very passive-agressive and would blame a loss in anything but themselves and guess what? had over 800 games and never break into 1600.
If you check my pvp you will notice i was never much into rated aside the tyranical patch in pandaria, very casual in BfA (because why would i do pvp if the best pvp gear is pve?) and only came back to do it in SL.

Particularly i enjoy overcoming odds in videogames i see it as part of the gameplay, prolly the best part thats why im not soo negative about upgrading my honor gear even though i think 7 tiers is a bit much, 5 or 4 would be ideal imo. If A lot of people complaining here got free 259 gear they would then blame burst spells, class balance, then back about complaining about RPM and CC, MM hunters etc etc etc.

Its way better than the average player that is leveling do have, depending on where you level up you wont see a descent upgrade for ages. its not uncomong to get into 58 with the same boots you got at level 20

That hilarious because people party syncing 4030//50 arent doing it because thy want a fair and balanced experience, they do it because they want to smash people leveling. If they wanted quick honor they woudl queue normally, you get much more honor by losing a fast BG at 60 than winning one in party sync, hell you get 300 points per win as alliance party synced whereas you can get almost 600 by a quick loss and over 1k when winning a single match.

3 Likes

if you’re level 58 with boots you got at 20 you deserve to lose. i have no sympathy for lazy players.

The only time I ever liked end-game pvp in WoW: mmo-champion threads, 2056640-Legion-PvP-Guide. Max geared was only about 8-15% better stats than fresh toons. I did not have a sub for Cata-WoD - maybe one of them was ok.

I joined SL and BfA just a little late, so I was never ahead of the gear curve. Also, early SL, and in BfA I focused on my druid healer. I hated it. Healing under-geared people until the other team starts focusing on you and your team sucks so bad they can’t protect you. So I just didn’t do it any more than to gear up to ~1400, then used M+ gear to fill out. Ultimately I ended up around 205 ilvl on mage and druid in 9.0. In 9.1 I figured out M+ (well enough, not marvelously) on my mage to routinely get 252 in the vault, and now have a 249 frost-centric build based on freezing wind.

I queued into some BGs on my mage at around 244 or so. I swear I never pvp anymore and was never (ever) any good on my mage. I even lost a 1v1 with a hunter who had about 20% health after a WW monk in 2v2 basically trashed the other team (early in 9.0 when my ilvl was probably around 190).

But at 244… no kidding… I had a pretty good chance of 2-shotting undergeared people with frozen orb down and 2xicelance. (I’ve also gotten a lot better at things like alter time, mirror image, etc.)

Guess what… losing and feeling useless was about as unfulfilling to me as 2-shotting a 3rd of the opponent team.

I don’t intend to play pvp with unbalanced gear again unless there’s a useful reward there for me, which there isn’t. I know this is how the WoW community wants it. You can have it.

4 Likes

Not without exploiting. Just queue with a friend or pay for 2 accounts. Or ask a random in chat to queue with you (they don’t even have to enter the BG).

Check out some non MMORPGs. Plenty of games don’t require grinding.

1 Like

Imagine arguing that WoW, the most casual MMO that pioneered casual MMOs, shouldn’t have options for casual MMO players and shouldn’t improve upon systems that allow people to hop in and play.

I mean, most people are taking your advice, which is why PVP participation is in the gutter.

9 Likes

Ok so explain to me why most party 60 syncers get 23k hp standard and most of my team who are 51+ are usually 16-20k hp unless they have all gear from BFA. Your typically not going against full geared levelers which is why the party syncers do it. Its easy to clap a 16k hp player than actually get good at the game and fight someone with their own level. Its why so many people on these forums defend Party Syncing. Like you.

2 Likes