Why I do NOT support the multibox ban

I feel like there are a lot of people on the forums who aren’t using “cheating”, “Illegal”, and “against the rules” correctly.

4 Likes

You wren’t fighting a bot LOL. You were camping a legit farmer with friends. It’s entirely possible they could be hacking, but definitely not botting.

i do not support the multibox ban/restrictions. I support blizzard fixing the game so that things like nodes aren’t shared the way they currently are etc…FIX the game, stop taking away fun.

2 Likes

The first part of your statement is correct, your points are ludicrous. The second part is incorrect. Multiboxers are not “performing an integral action in the game: pressing a key”, it isn’t that simple. That ONE key press controls the abilities of dozens of toons and that has always been pay to win and it’s about time it was disallowed. One key press for one action, that is the rule. The software that multiboxers use allows one key press for potentially dozens of simultaneous actions. Just no.

4 Likes

no, it’s not an automated action. the player has to physically click to set /follow. the reason it’s banned in bgs and no wheres else is because following is associated with afk… and afk’ing in a bg is not allowed.

So the legit farmer let me kill them over and over and over and over and over and over until they had enough and typed to their friends vs the botter realizing he was being camped between probably checking all his other bots and took a manual action.

IT CANT BE THAT DOESN’T FIT MY REALITY. I REJECT IT AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN. IT WASNT A BOT.

Anyways. Im over it. My 2 cents has reached it ends. Don’t roll too far down that slope you’ll need more tin foil.

5 Likes

You or I have no clue how good or bad it is…

How many we need hard numbers which no one knows mius blizzard…is it .01%, 1% ,10%, 50% ?

No just you…

And what if blizzard says you can only keyboard turn…crappy Hypothetical is crappy

Na just you…

Again crappy Hypothetical…

Yep

2 Likes

One way to look at it is… is it automation of features within the API, or is it automation caused by external software?
Mods like DBM, Zygor, or Auctioneer automate features within the API, which is allowed. I remember one of the Auction mods (I think it was TSM) got in trouble a while back for automating using their app that is external to the game and had to reprogram the mod to comply with the ToS. There are a few mods that have gotten the ban because they automated outside of the game/API.

Automating button presses using software external to the game is against the ToS. I remember buying the Logitech G15 keyboard when Burning Crusade came out. It came with Logitech software that could setup a string of macros with 1 button press (including a delay to bypass the GCD), which I used for a brief time before Blizzard sent out a warning here on the forums that it violated the ToS (that keyboard and the software was pretty cutting edge for the time).

Bottom line, if you are automating processes within the API, you won’t get banned. If you automate user input to the game, which is external to the API, you will get banned. I believe that’s how it’s always been. They ban bots because they automate user input.

2 Likes

Anything that could end up on the table could have ALWAYS ended up on the table.

As I understand it, Blizzard’s stance has always been that anything which automates the actions of a character is against the TOS and is cheating. They’ve now clarified that to include key-cloning software. If people tweak other bits of WoW, its add-ons, or its macro commands to automate the actions of a character in a similar fashion, I’d expect they’d further clarify their stance and ban that as well.

And let’s be clear about one thing: multi-boxing is NOT banned. You can still multi-box by any other means than key-cloning software. Multi-boxing without key-cloning software is still allowed.

1 Like

You make well-thought-out posts that I enjoy reading even if I don’t agree with everything! Good read!

Your two points are incorrect.

And they should work an getting rid of all multiboxers.

Yes you can go on, on non-sense all you want. You will still be wrong.
It is pretty clear when blizzard says they are banning multibox softwares they will also ban any further tries of multiboxing too whatever be the software/hardware keycloning is far from a grey area for any server structure.

You can’t since vanilla because they changed the code.

Rationalization and relativism is the anchor of stupidity. And you sure hold onto it.
They are not acting as a single character. You can even have two wow tabs and make one follow the other just fine. There is a large difference of several chars picking up the same herb at the same time and casting the same spells exactly the same second for the server than each one doing it whitin a timeframe.

You are delusional if you actually beleive they will simple not ban you for literally trading sfotware for hardware, which is easily detectable btw.

It is impossible to make a illegal macro. Because they are legally bound to not allow it, oneshot macros were simple activing usefuls gcd at once and you can still ativate a gcd and trinket. That was as automated as you binding all of them on ert and using makes no difference for the server if you pressed the 3 keys at once or a macro.

It is not, the player did input a command. If you strongly believe on it you might aswell believe that using a burst spell is automated because you are not doing anything else after using the key to recieve the damage buff.

No, pretty far from it.

No, it does not.
You cant keyclone anymore from external elements of the game, simple like that it affects how memory is being used by the IP adress and the server and that is easy to detect.

You can literally macro it, thats what the addon does.

classic questhelper doesnt gather info. It pins a cord.

It doesnt scan, it simple has a timer linked to combat log skills, which you can do whitout the macro btw.

This list died on the first one. Also if API supplies it, it is legally fine if its not its up to blizzard. ToS is a thing.

It was in 2005 where they ended it.

You are not looking anything at face value. You did show gret ignorance on the subject soo far.

Because they wanted to re-balance the game and it also reduces server costs a little. They didnt break the API, they simple changed how GCD works. They also removed or combined burst spells.

Because they never intended to ban macros, they intended to rebalance specs, it is a design decision.

It isn’t. Because they didnt want afk leeching or cheaters.

Go for it, it is obvious when the keyclone isn’t done by software but hardware.

Logs are still a thing and consistently reproducing the same behaviour is what causes a ban.

To nothing but relativism and ignorance on software by people whom actually believe follow and keycloning is the same thing, provided by the same resources and counted as the same source. It is like literally saying EURO and US DOLLAR are the same currency.

It is not considerated automating if API provides.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that will never happen. Multi-boxing has become a pretty big thing over the last 5 years or so (yes, it’s always been around, but it’s gained momentum). Blizzard makes quite a bit of money off of them. 5 accounts paying outweighs one paid account.

Which is a shame.

Multi-boxing was not banned. They just have to now Multitask in order to multi-box instead of pressing one key on one keyboard to run multiple characters.

Exactly. That was my point in my post. If it automates features within the API, it is perfectly within the ToS. If it automates user input, which is external to the API, it violates the ToS. It’s really that simple. It’s been that way since the game launched.

Healbot, in Vanilla would like to speak with you.

Blah blah blah “God i love listening to myself talk”. OP has no idea what the change even includes and is looking to rant, stopped reading with the aoe loot. Get real, find a different game to play please. You’re part of the problem.

You keep thinking that fam.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-you-please-clarify-a-few-things-regarding-multiboxing/707988/14

1 Like
  1. It’s not really a relative few. The majority of the population is against other players having an unfair outside advantage. Especially with the economic issues they cause. The forums aren’t flooded with complaints not because people don’t care, but because it’s been this way for 15 years.
  2. The slippery slope argument is a fallacy. Just because a line may need to be drawn doesn’t mean you draw it before the ride even starts.