Why I do NOT support the multibox ban

I agree. This game should only playable on console so everyone has an equal chance to win. I would also do the following for that reason:

• Remove all wearable gear with an iLvl.
  • Remove all special effects from gear, trinkets, weapons, etc.
  • Remove flying, as it unfairly rewards folks who can get a mount.
  • Give one free mount with 100% speed to every player other than druids.
  • Remove the ability to have mouse-input as it gives an unfair edge to players who don’t just use a keyboard.
  • Only allow players to view the game at the lowest supported resolution.
  • Remove Macros from the game.
  • Put EVERYTHING on a global timer, ensuring no external macro creating devices are used.
  • Remove racial attributes.
  • Remove all healing abilities making the game tank/DPS only.
  • Remove resurrections.
  • Remove the ability to pay for repairs, and instead create a repair clock.

That will make the game fair for everyone.

So back to the the multiboxer is a jerk, but still not doing anything outside the confines of the game. Got it.

1 Like

So using third party software does create a pvp advantage for thr boxer.

Thanks

Except using key cloning software…outside the confines of the game.

Lol.

All of your arguments were about getting bombed. That can still be done without the software…

I feel a much better chance of distancing myself from a multiboxer if they have to move their mouse around numerous monitors or tab between clients vs 10 spells instantly with 1 key press.

Guys were getting so close. Were almost self aware.

Multiboxing has been said to be considered alternative playstyle and that can offer in-game advantages but so does grouping.

Prove that key-cloning can be done without software. Seriously, link the hardware you’re talking about specifically so we can see what you’re talking about. otherwise, you’re just making up facts in the hopes you’ll get internet likes.

However, the software was banned as the result of a hamfisted attack on botters.

Technically with the current wording they can change their minds.

I can not possible care any less about internet points. My sole purpose in these threads is to get people to think logically and abait some of the hate being generated by these bigots.

Key word there 10 PEOPLE. You aren’t 10 people

You don’t know that. :face_with_monocle:

That was a joke, I know the crowd I’m dealing with.

Then link the hardware you’re talking about that allows you to mirror keypresses. Unless you can, you’re making up facts. Prove that you’re not a troll and actually show us what hardware you’re talking about.

No more so than a gank squad of 10 independently controlled players. PvP happened. You cannot or do not know how to fight back.

Don’t priests have an aoe knockback w/halo or an aoe fear if you’re shadow? I’d rather pop that against a boxer than a group of 10.

Actually, it never was. It was ABUSED, which is why it was ultimately banned.

And since it was so heavily abused that Blizz was having a hard time actually combating real botters (who were likely ALSO using this software), they just went nuclear on the whole thing.

1 Like

Multiplexers and KVM’s
Ten computers and a stick
The world’s most complicated rube goldberg machine.
10 mice and a popsicle stick

2 Likes

Theory:

A large monitor hosting wow clients.

Mouseover macros just need to have the window active before moving the cursor over the target while a key is being mashed (containing a cast sequence macro )

The mouse can travel between windows rather quickly.

No, it was used in pvp and dungeons to cheat systems. It was and is cheating.

It wasn’t, and it isn’t, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Better yet on WHOSE Authority can Blizzard action anyone for any particular Third Party Software in process on hardware neither owned leased or controlled by Blizzard? There is a legal argument to be made here that Blizzard does not have the authority nor can they justify their actions to those who do have judicial authority to render against them, that their actions serve a purpose which would further their rights under the law when their entire argument boils down to having to control the ability for anyone to run any particular third party software on hardware that Blizzard neither owns leases or controls.

The way this particular policy is written is so overbroad that a person would need to go to Blizzard Entertainment and make a direct request of them for EACH Third Party Software (what constitutes Third Party Input Broadcast Software? ISBoxer? Innerspace? Chrome? Microsoft Excel? Windows10? Linux? VisualStudio? LibreOffice? These are ALL third party software and they all can mimic the actions of broadcasting input signals) in order not to have their account actioned.

I just know someone will answer this with Blizzards Game, Blizzards Authority. Sorry that dog don’t hunt. Blizzard does not have the authority to regulate third party software running on hardware they neither own lease or control. The only way for them to “detect” the software they are worried about is if they get a hash match from scanning the volatile memory. If they then ACT on the evidence of that hash match and action an account then they have acted outside the legal scope of their property rights and someone, anyone, could claim harm thereby and would be within their rights to do so. Now Blizzard Entertainment would have to defend against EVERY SINGLE CASE brought before an arbitration panel or in state or federal court. They would spend more time and money on lawsuits than on developing the game. Is that something we want them to do?

And that becomes both an anti-competitive exclusivity requirement (Sherman here I come!) and all manner of unfair business practices that would in effect get Blizzard Entertainment’s doors closed permanently under a forced government restructuring. You really want to shutter the game here?

Think of it as if Ford Motor Company said that you as a customer could not take your new Mustang to Shelby Motors and have Shelby add aftermarket addons to it.