Why I do NOT support the multibox ban

Chopsticks and keyboards.

Me thinks you don’t know what quote is

Cheating implies doing something against the rules, at the time is was not against the rules. So, not cheating.

Any exploit you may being talking about would of been available to everyone, not just multiboxers.

Blizzard seems to think it is. Oh well.

All theoretical and none of them mirror input on one keyboard across multiple instances of the game in a way that wasn’t banned. Again, no proof, so you’re making up facts again.

I dont think it’s considered cheating though. Since classic they’ve always allowed multiboxers, I remember being on a horde rogue during bc in AV and being chain lightninged by 5 SPACE goat shamans and I survived with like 2 health left LUL

^ that is a quote. Text or speech repeated verbatim.

What you did was repeat the last couple lines in a childish manner while injecting your own words before hand.

Why do we keep equating what it takes multiple people to accomplish as okay with what 1 person can do we 1 key stroke?

What’s it matter if I can aoe fear them? I just got hit with 10 scourgestrikes aferting being death gripped or 10 aim shots or 10 hunter pets or 10 mortal strikes or 10 bladestorms. Im dead either way.

Ah, last word syndrome, The need to get in the last word even though what you said was not only irrelevant, but wrong in the context of the statement.

What I read from your argument is because its been allowed in the past it should be ok now. Does that mean we can never revisit past decisions and update them to today’s reality?

After 16yrs of not thinking it was an issue and telling players it wasn’t an issue…

Wrong. Blizzard has the authority to control anything you do while you are accessing their servers. Heck they can ban you for streaming yourself on some site playing the game naked.

You can use whatever hardware you want but they can remove your access to their servers if you use it while accessing them.

Generally speaking Starre Decisis is a good thing. We do not change past precedent unless there is OVERWHELMING evidence of both necessity to do so and the discovery of some right that is also being perverted. Otherwise Let the decision stand.

Incorrect from a legal standpoint they neither own lease or CONTROL the hardware or software of the customer. If they attempt to do so either by digital or legal means they have committed a tortious act.

Now, what they could (and should do) is rather than going after individual accounts they should use the Glider Defense and go after ISBoxer and Innerspace.

Sure Bliz’s warden finds common bots but it only works so much cause if it was as good as you think then we wouldn’t hear about bots running around for weeks on end doing the same thing day in day out.

I think you are confusing the difference between a bot and a multi boxer as well.

Both can respond to others players but again one is running all hours doing the same thing while the other is not.

Right, they can’t remove the key cloning software. Just tell you they will ban you for using in regards to their game.

Nice. They completely and totally have control over who accesses their servers. if what you’re saying were true, they wouldn’t be able to stop an hacking attempt initiated from software piggy-backing on their game-client (for example). As a company, they can stop anyone from doing anything on their servers, period. At most, they would have to pay the monthly subscription.

What they CAN’T do is change the software/hardware of a player, aside from what they TOS/EULA allows. For example, they can’t force you to uninstall key-mirroring software, but they can absolutely ban you from accessing thier servers if you do.

But hey, you’re obviously an expert on legal matters, so I’m sure you already know this, counselor.

Wrong. They aren’t telling you what hardware you can own, merely what can be in use while you connect to their servers. 100% within their rights. Go back to law school.

Yes they would. a hacking attempt such as you described is itself an illegal act.

Because you are complaining about the actions of a player and not the logic of the situation. No matter who or what is controlling those attacks, they will kill you. Nothing is being done outside the confines of the game. Nothing that is happening to you is outside your own reach. You want to be a jerk and oneshot people, go kill level 20’s.

One person can’t accomplish what 10 people can. Your logic is flawed, you don’t see that its a game of advantage and disadvantage. One person with Ilvl100+ can shirt stomp a ilvl50, should he be banned? You will say no because it’s just one player playing one toon, but refusing to acknowledge that he just killed you just as dead and as easily as the 10 druids who starsurged you.

You refuse to see the fact of the matter is, multiboxing is better at some things and worse at others like every other playstyle in the game.