Why I am quitting WoW over MoP Remix

Remix is very close to being a new viable seasonal model for wow as a pseudo ARPG, you have to kind of ignore the MMO preconceptions and look at it like an ARPG.

Here are the blatant seasonal ARPG components in Remix:

1. The stat gems are a strict copy/paste system from the Diablo franchise.
  2. The tinker, cogwheel, and meta gems are present in almost all ARPGs - they are a way to balance the game between seasons without editing the underlying character templates (can adjust classes by adjusting the gem abilities they typically use instead of editing the core character)
  3. Character migrates to a normal realm after the season
  4. Quadratic power scaling that plateaus into a logarithmic infinite scaling structure (the exponential gains to power by upgrading gear/item level → only scaling from the cloak with stat DRs after gear is upgraded) - every ARPG does this. Diablo 3 think getting your gear set, and then being able to infinitely scale main stat slowly through paragon points.

All the group content on top of the quadratic early scaling made it very obvious to players that others were drastically more powerful than them (whereas ARPG players largely don’t interact with others and don’t know there are people doing a million times their damage) and the upgrade costs are too much (typically in an ARPG you can no-life a game for 12 hours a day and get to the slow endgame scaling within a week - remix that cycle (outside of frogs) is about 2-3 weeks because the upgrade costs are so much.

They just need to fix the upgrade costs make there be some infinitely scaling solo scenarios or something you can do for bronze (See D3 Greater Rifts) , make all player power account wide (gear and cloak buff - like every other ARPG), and the player base needs to understand it’s not supposed to feel exactly like an MMO.

But the character specific power and the heavy upgrade costs are super cringe.

For me corruption in BFA was a precusor to this stuff… I love this game mode and really REALLY hope they do WOD next.

I got claw of eternus today… i thought it was a mount not a title :frowning:

Except the VAST majority of people who do what you mention didn’t even touch frogs. People just are that strong now from consistent gameplay and since weapon models aren’t on the vendors to buy for bronze you have to queue LFR to get them.

I just did an MSV wing, I have 6.3 million hp and full gear. In and out again in 4 minutes. Haven’t touched a hyper spawn.

If I could buy every item that drops in LFR for bronze I wouldn’t touch the place, it’s awful for bronze rates.

lol

Also try upgrading your gear, does wonders.

I resubbed here while waiting for dawntrail as well so I’m not burnt out.

Definitely seems to be the case. the first upgrade from 345 to 360 was very noticeable.

This isn’t an airport… You don’t have to announce your departure… no one cares!

1 Like

Crazy, almost full 556 without farming any hyperspawns and without no-lifing the game. Not sure what people are complaining about.

Who

Cares!

If i recall correctly, isn’t there a thing you can interact with to warp you to the end of the raid, if you’ve already completed it before? I haven’t been back there in some time, admittedly, so i may be wrong.

Stopped reading when you said “since warlords of draenor”.

You started out on one of the worst expansions of the franchise, no wonder you’re feeling down/demoralized, your first exposure to Blizzard was one of their worst performances in the game.

And with the nonsense they pulled w/ this event, I don’t honestly blame you. My perspective would be vastly different if I had started w/ WoD and then saw their handling of this event.

Man, you started the game when they added PATHFINDER. Damn. That’s pretty rough.

But at least you recognized their pattern of behavior. "Promise something OP/fun —> deliver the opposite —> gaslight players who didn’t exploit to feel OP as advertised ----> nerf the content so it’s just asinine for everybody (except the fully upgraded exploiters)

Yeah, standard formula. Overwatch 2’s rollout was an even bigger indicator that they have a good amount on that team who have no idea what they’re doing.

bruh it’s a game lower the ego play for yourself

See you in TWW OP.

This. It’s mind boggling on an event which remember ends around August 16th or close to it, and June is tomorrow— they advertise it as just a fun vibe event get OP and have a blast getting mogs and mounts!!

It’s a roller coaster of bring kinda OP feeling - low levels I was rocking and rolling , my rogue is sixty on remix and while I’m not struggling to kill mobs she’s definitely not OP .

But I like exploring pandaria and I like getting mogs so I just smile at that stuff and continue on.

Its not that bad. Got mogs n toys i missed in mop regular so its a win.

I’m really tired of seeing this “Because of Frog Farmers post” It takes 8 days to upgrade your gear from base ilvl to max ilvl. All you have to do is farm every raid on heroic every day. This initially takes 4 hours a day and plenty of groups like the groups I RUN carry low ilvl players through this content to allow you to also get the benefits of heroic raids and the bronze farm. Look at remix like Diablo Mode for wow. The gear power increases exponentially not linearly. Please stop posting about things you dont understand. I havent touched 1 frog started 1 week late and today I maxed out my gear and will be raiding mythic tomorrow. Im pull over 10M dps single target as a balance druid.

FFXIV Dawntrail inbound, I am gonna be busy :smirk:

LMAO. Only been playing since WOD and a 90day event, i mean, MOP Remix is what pushed you to quit. LOL Sure. Quitting WoW, overall, because of a non retail event lol So screw your guild and their raid progression and xpac prep. LOL

Guild Resignation letter:
“MOP Remix sucks. Quitting retail”.

Dawntrail is actaully testing poorly so you might want to invest some time following that development before committing to that game. The game, in which, is coming with an increased monthly subscription and some weird tier subscribers system.

They don’t have public testing :wink: