Why hate neutrality?

Not really.

Trial of the Crusader was to see who got the fight the Lich King. We should have come together instead of having a pointless joust but that’s not what happened.

Then in ICC, the opposite faction was so mad that the other won ToTC that we attack them on the way to the Lich King. Again, when we should have been working together.

3 Likes

It’s fine for retail since I don’t play it often, I got classic to keep the split :sunglasses:

Exactly, 100% agree.

They’ve killed their own story with the over the top cosmic threats replacement where everything including armor has to be beyond rediculuse.

Like I still would like to know who thought it was a good idea to revisit the Lich King story? Who thought it was a good idea to reveal life after death in WOW. It’s like don’t their creative department realize a good story always needs a little mystery especially the afterlife and revealing God’s in a world.

Sometimes to much is bad and they’ve done way to much. The gods in WOW seem weak, very weak.

Example: look what happened to Odin with the Dragon?

8 Likes

Sounds like a prime example of “forcing” a faction conflict for no reason. The exact kind of thing we’re against.

4 Likes

I think it’s a perfect example of bad writing, which I know you get burned at the stake for saying this, but Wrath had a some examples of it.

2 Likes

I want to point out something for a story.

It’s okay to give two endings to an expansion. The Horde and Alliance don’t have to share the same experience in every expansion.

It’s okay for the Horde or Alliance to lose in an expansion.

Hasn’t anyone ever seen great movies that have told multiple stories within the same movie. Some ending are from different perspectives and some are different outcomes.

I’m just saying this is supposed to be the top notch MMO. It should have quality writing at all times and it should remain true to it’s roots.

I can think of a million directions they’ve could have taken the conflict with turns and twist and added turmoil.

That is my take on it.

3 Likes

I think it’s fine and also creates a course for more interesting stories to develop around the idea that not everybody’s wounds will heal over time. Enemy factions like the scarlet crusade or the defias brotherhood are great stories.

2 Likes

Had Bal’ameth not let everyone in, and Gilneas not been reclaimed in a joint operation with the Forsaken who are the last people who should have been allowed anywhere near there I would agree. But even when Alliance got something nice, Horde got in on it too.

And besides, the entire Teldrasil arc was as much about how horde burned it as it was about getting a new world tree. It is not just a NELF storyline.

This happened in BFA.

2 Likes

As much as I loved wrath, I agree. Which is another point that does get brought up quite a bit, wow has never really had good writing. I know it’s not for everyone but even so, FFXIV has cohesive writing. Wow has had some disjointed moments of greatness but way too inconsistent to call it good overall.

4 Likes

The majority of faction leaders are friends !
The conflicts between the factions are over. :partying_face:

But then we would still have to contend with the issue that the Horde can’t stand up to the Alliance unless the story pretends certain people or things don’t exist or they act silly stupid.

1 Like

So that’s who’s to blame!

Faction was was great in the beginning of WoW, but as the expansions have come, I see it being less useful. I would definitely prefer neutrality as the game progresses, especially with the diminished player base.

3 Likes

If the Horde didn’t get to get in on it too, they would never get anything nice anyways. As the story has been all Alliance since legion

4 Likes

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Bfa and Shadowlands were both dominated by Sylvanas. Last I checked, she’s still in the horde even though she briefly took a sabbatical.

This is not comparable to Arthas who blatantly murdered his father and stopped being alliance, and was then killed as a raid boss.

BFA …the story where once the expansion launched, the Alliance won at every turn. The Horde lost and had every plan unravel

Shadowlands. Where we got to fight against yet another Horde leader, which the Horde lost.

Prime examples of the Horde receiving something nice.

Anyways. Let’s go quest with Tyrande again for an entire expansion.

7 Likes

Well, we got a new tree. They’re gonna fix the old one. Sylvanas is out of the picture.
I see no reason to be hostile.

1 Like

If we killed Jaina in BfA, why’s she still hanging around?

1 Like

I don’t care if others wanna be neutral or play that way but I don’t, I have always been a fan of the faction divide so if it was like a choice then I wouldn’t be so against it but the fact for some reason it’s being forced on everyone is what bothers me most of all.

Case and point I don’t care about the boring Gilneas storyline or even the new tree storyline so it should of been optional instead of forced on me because having to do the Tyrande tea party a bunch of times on all my alts just to complete the questlines was blah.

5 Likes