Why hate neutrality?

We didn’t Kill Sylvanas either. I don’t follow.

1 Like

because unga bunga tribalism

IF YOURE NOT WITH ME YOURE AGAINST ME!!!

2 Likes

This.

The faction conflict is the setting. Not the story.

You don’t make the setting INTO the story. Ever. Because now you’ve messed up the setting in which you tell your stories.

Faction conflict is good. Faction war is dumb, it was dumb in Cata/MoP, and it was dumb in BfA (although BfA was mostly about helping Magni, despite the misleading advertising).

4 Likes

So were Eisenhower and Zhukov … meaning that a Cold War situation is still possible.

3 Likes

Anyway I’m going to dip out since I have no love for the alliance either but before I go… Ji Firepaw for Warchief!

1 Like

I have the impression that the worldsoul saga will have 100% neutral content between factions.

It will also be overwhelmingly centered around the Alliance characters.

Just look at the promotional art.

But that’s what “neutral” means in WoW: It means it’s all about the Alliance.

And that’s why so many Horde players want the faction divide to remain: It’s the only way Blizzard ever pays attention to the Horde.

And this is also, by the way, why at an absolute minimum, Turalyon MUST be the Big Bad for 1 or 2 expansions.

You can’t say anything about equal treatment or ‘neutrality’ when it’s always the Horde that’s the punching bag.

6 Likes

Imo, they just might be flipping the faction dynamics we’re used to.

Horde were historically always the aggressors, while Alliance only ever really reacted to what the Horde was doing at the time. Again and again, every expansion.

Now, it seems Alliance might be the aggressors, maybe Horde will be the ones saying “No, wait!” and have our turn reacting to what the Alliance does.

Anduin isn’t a ‘good boy’ anymore, and Alleria has void-powers, imo it’s about time Alliance had a turn stirring the pot. Turalyon also has been suspiciously quiet.

At least, that’s my hope anyway.

2 Likes

Then, comes midnight a blood elf centric or all elf centric expansion. Blood elves are horde. So there is that.

spoken like someone who started playing 2 months ago. The faction was is what this game is built upon.

2 Likes

The game shouldn’t evolve?

1 Like

The faction war makes sense based upon the original lore, which the current writing team has absolutely gutted.

3 Likes

i just want to know why i can no longer /spit on people

1 Like

It will all be about Lorthemar and Thalyssra repenting and Tyrande was right, all along.

You’ll see.

3 Likes

I think it could be easily remedied by like you said allowing a long character specific rep grind so only the dedicated will be there (you won’t see too many of the opposite faction for example.)

They could also include a series of quests where you need to prove yourself to the opposite faction beyond a reasonable doubt, by killing an important General and carrying out various other espionage operations. As a member of the Horde I would absolutely accept a Draeni who has proven themself time and time again to Hate the Alliance as much as I do.

2 Likes

Looks at player count.

This is DEvolving.

3 Likes

Huh, funny. This was my Vanilla experience except I didn’t get to un-flag myself.

Bringing the faction war back won’t bring players back.

Looking at the player count is the exact reason factions work less and less.

5 Likes

Brewa, you’re honestly saying the faction that destroyed two capitals of its opposition is the punching bag? One of which had the heroes of said faction running around like a headless chicken for a mission they were doomed by the script to fail, despite any powers they had?

Your delusions are reaching critical mass here, my guy.

That said, Brewa’s mindset and those like it are why the faction divide has been such a poison pill for WoW even in its formative years; grass-is-greener syndrome and cries of bias. We’re at the point where we’re looking at game art and going ‘a Human/Orc is at the front?! BIAS!’

6 Likes

The lore started getting majorly gutted in TBC.

This isn’t a new writing team thing.

1 Like