Why hate neutrality?

You can do whatever you want! There aren’t any wrong answers. I still feel the way I feel.

People are just confusing bad writing here with the faction conflict being played out.

The faction conflict works well with how the game is designed, it is just the current writers are god awful at writing anything remotely decent.

The reason for Metzen coming back.

2 Likes

NAh, it would just be nice to not see your face in every thread. Maybe give some other people the chance to voice their opinions without having to comment?

1 Like

Isn’t Area 52 a pve server? Of course you wouldn’t develop friendships and rivalries if you never do wpvp.

That said, Blizz’s insistence on essentially making everyone play together on 1 giant cloud server so that you’re unlikely to ever see the same person twice out in the world did much more harm to communities than any narrative failings by the writers.

6 Likes

Why? You’ll just accuse them of “parroting a streamer” if their opinion doesn’t align with yours.

1 Like

But the faction story wasnt good before with the old writers.

Horde bad. Alliance good. Kill Horde leader.

Or I could just make a new forum alt so it looks like someone else is commenting.

Once again. The irony of waking up a day ago to make a new forum alt, then calling out people for not doing it. Is entertaining.

Yes, WoW is, in general, a PVE game over all. You are right. Always has been.

3 Likes

Basically a PVE only player throwing in their 2 cents.

1 Like

And why shouldnt I?

The game revolves around PVE and the faction war and its storylines effect PVE.

3 Likes

How does it affect pve?

Amen to that. CRZ was one of the worst things to happen to this game. Seeing people out in the world is like seeing an NPC. Why interact with them when they’ll probably phase and be out of my life in the next few seconds?

I think the only people you should see in the open world is from your server if you’re on a mega server like Illidan or someone from your connected server because you can guild with them.

But I know that ship has not only sailed, it’s on the bottom of the ocean now.

3 Likes

How does the expansion story effect PVE?

I want to make sure I am understanding the question.

1 Like

You’re the one who is spinning. First, faction war built the game. World of WARcraft is literally just the first person version of multiple RTS games with the unique (at the time) spin of having unique factional units.

Second, every time faction war has been tried it has been overshadowed by:

• pandas and tentacles
  • cut content
  • tentacles and Shadowlands buildup

Third, the original vanilla WAS faction war done right. Quest hubs were built to create strife between players. This was properly continued into BC and WOTLK, and even Cataclysm. Where the conflict was part of the story, but not necessarily MANDATORY. The irony of Pandaria is it was full of neutral quest hubs in an expansion that was meant to be about faction war. This lazy quest building continued to our detriment. BFA had the exact opposite flaw, the leveling quest zones were completely faction segregated.

That said none of this was the fatal flaw. What really killed the faction war was (shocked Pikachu face) Shadowlands. Zero faction specific interest. Absolutely flawed world PvP. This was when my PvP flag got turned off forever because it just became getting farmed by a group of 5 doing their weekly.

The story is the faction war. It is litterally in the name of the game. It doesn’t need to be full on battles, it should be the cold war of Vanilla that turns hot in certain areas, which is where we get our battlegrounds mode. Throwing away the foundation of the game as “outdated” is laughably absurd since such divisions are probably the easiest to validate in any story form. Just because Blizzard has botched it doesn’t change this, and it is the height of copium to assume they won’t botch a more complicated story direction.

I’m good with the cross faction groups. It has let me get back together with some old friends. Keeping the faction war though keeps some friendly rivalry within the game.

3 Likes

Red vs blue is the reason the game tanked? Not… Say… Cata? MoP? WoD? BFA?

Red vs blue was fantastic for marketing the game.

6 Likes

yes, i hate the horde and i will hate those green war criminals gorillas forever.
“but let’s be friends”
i’ll be 6 feet under before i stand side by side with a dirty huojin traitor.

Tho… Neutral pandaren are worse, damn cowards on their path that stack no paper

How is just turning on warmode and PVPing in the open world not accomplishing this?

Why specifically do you need the expansion story to be written in a specific way to have a rivalry within game?

1 Like

It’s almost like they think if the story revolves around faction conflict either we’ll be forced into pvp or more people will join pvp.

Either way, it’ll never happen.

3 Likes

PvP and the faction conflict aren’t necessarily always connected, but there’s definitely a lean. I still think the war is interesting even if PvP isn’t the focal point.

My issue is that for the war to be interesting it would need 5 years to build up at this point.

The writing, since inception, has kept adding various demigods to the Alliance side. While the Horde at this point is just some people a little better with a stick.

The faction conflict would need a few expansions to build up Horde to equal footing. Otherwise you will wonder “why wasnt this conflict over in 8 seconds?” They always have to come up with lame reasons why its not. “Oh Jaina got mad and sulky so she is just gonna disappear for a while”. Or “The Horde is just so good at battle tactics that they tricked the Alliance into thinking their army was somewhere else. Sure. They have space ships and flying machines and a variety of flying scouts and magical ways to confirm where armies are. Just dont think about that”

Then you have the Alliance playerbase that will not allow the Alliance to be anything but the good guys. And the one sided good guy/bad guy writing is just…old. Bad guy attacks first, good guy wipes the floor with them the rest of the expansion. We end at the status quo. No one is happy.

4 Likes

This has always irritated me.

We all know that Jaina and Malfurian could take us out probably by themselves. Our racial leaders, even for allied races, are mostly warrior, warrior, rogue, monk, hunter, etc. Thrall used to be powerful but he’s been reduced to someone that can’t even pick out a weapon by himself. The Nightborne chick, whatever her name is, ran away from Jaina even though she had the Champion as backup.

The one powerful faction leader we got was made crazy and banished to the Maw.

And I don’t want to get into a “Mighty Mouse vs. Superman” childish argument but I think this imbalance of power creates huge plot holes in the story, which makes the story hard to swallow. And when Blizzard tries to make these demigods weak, like they did with Malfurian, even the Horde cries foul.

I think you hit the nail on the head a few days ago when you said the story has always been bad.

5 Likes

And its funny (to me) just how much a balanced roster on each side basically would, on its own, negate all of my complaints.

Soandso isnt committing themselves to this battle? Ok. That makes sense. Soandso is held in check by the threat of Thatotherperson countering them.

1 Like