Why hate neutrality?

There are some who will always say “There needs to be WAR in WARCRAFT!! Its in the NAME!.”

Others will say that faction conflict is what WoW is built on. Which to an extent is true.

But, within the game World of Warcraft, the Two factions have worked together, for a longer period of time than they have not. In the game’s current state, it makes no sense to further segment the game population with the faction barrier. Both factions co-exist in Faction Cities. Patch Quest Hubs. Pretty much all the grouping and guild restrictions have been removed. So now there is just that final part to removing them.

I think within the World Soul Saga, the faction barrier will go. And people will be upset about it. But they will come around, when the race choice is cosmetic, and they can just freely play what race they want without worrying about any barrier or inconvenience.

2 Likes

Problem was getting rid of PvP servers in the first place. They should have just told all the people who rolled on them because they wanted better PvE groups to transfer if they didn’t like the risks in the open world.

1 Like

Soft disagree. I think eliminating pvp servers and having an opt in system goes to show how many people truly do not enjoy wpvp and would avoid it altogether if they could (and they can now).

1 Like

And they had whole servers they could have played on but chose not to. Instead, they went where the people who do like it were and cried until it got changed.

3 Likes

Let me ask this. How many of those pvp servers actually had a fair balance of players from each faction? One? Two? The majority (and highest pop) were so vastly one sided it might as well have been a pve server. Wpvp has been a sad joke for many many years now.

1 Like

Irrelevant goalpost move. People were free to move or reroll if they didn’t like the balance.

The fact is, blizz gave the folks who only wanted to PvE a place for that (which is great, they should have) and rather than using it, they went to the space for PvPers and decided “no, we don’t like this and need to change it to what we chose not to play on in the first place.”

3 Likes

Free to pay or start over. Not really appealing options.

Clearly enough people wanted this change that it happened. Maybe more accurately, not enough people opposed this change for it to matter to Blizzard.

Pvpers still have the entire open world to pvp in warmode and now they’re linked up with other servers with players who actually want to be in pvp. It seems like the only ones upset with the change from pvp server to warmode are the ones who got their jollies ganking the players who couldn’t fight back.

3 Likes

Well the ripoff charges for character services are undisputed. Would have been nice to see a better balance solution though.

Indeed. People who never should have been in a position to feel the need ask for the change in the first place. What they wanted was available before the even logged in the first time.

I’m not even a big PvP person (and I’m not good enough to actually gank other people lol) but the vibe just isn’t the same with WM. Can’t really explain it.

I’m sort of for neutrality between Alliance and Horde, though I think it should be more like a cold war between factions. We can work together when needed, but still have the odd skirmish between them, such as a land grab or resource grab. Conflict and espionage against each other would be more honest than having some of the races easily just forgive and forget.

Further, I think there should be a rise of a third faction that both the Horde and Alliance can team up against, but also make secret deals and alliances of factions within factions that has everyone on edge. Keep the factions separate, but still give them a good reason to team up if only to knock the third faction down a peg or two, and let that third faction have as many decisive battles as the Horde and Alliance do.

Furthermore, I’m also all for letting the player of any race choose their philosophy and let them join the faction that their philosophy aligns with. I’m sure not every human, for instance, likes how the “supposedly peaceful” Alliance works, just as I’m sure the less warlike Tauren like the “warrior mentality” of the Horde. Just as an example.

My 2 cents. Cheers!

2 Likes

Definitely fair.

True, but at the time they could have been following friends to their server or they honestly didn’t know the difference in servers. Though the argument could be made that the first time they got killed they could have just rerolled to a different server.

I’ve played a bit on a pvp server but I’ve never turned on WM. I think it’s the fact that on a pvp server it was set in stone and you couldn’t change it. Now you could just go to your capital and toggle wpvp off. Others could do the same if they got tired of the fight. It is a different dynamic.

I do think it’s a good thing that the only people in WM are the ones that actively choose to be there.

Back when people were trying to think how to retcon Shadowlands I had the idea that our Azeroth is destroyed and we flee to alternate Azeroth (the same timeline of alternate Draenor) and the “third” faction would be those natives who have been living in peace all this time. Then all of us refugees come in and make a mess.

6 Likes

Bingo.

Look, I love the WAR in WARcraft, and I want the game to remain about WAR.

But Blizzard bungled it so hard, took it way too far, and now we’re left with half the playerbase so traumatized by the last few terrible expansions that they never want us to go to WAR in world of WARcraft ever again.

It’s pathetic. Not toward the people who feel this way. I get it! But it’s pathetic that an IP named WORLD OF WARCRAFT failed at living up to its name SO HARD that people would rather reject everything that name represents.

3 Likes

There is only two mad gankers of low levels who complain about faction war going away, everyone else is fine with it.

1 Like

The faction war has nothing to do with people ganking each other in PvP. We can and will always be able to do that. It’s an unrelated issue. How you think it’s related is beyond me. But it’s not.

5 Likes

I feel there should be conflict, but I also feel that which side you are on shouldn’t completely limit your race options.

1 Like

did you not read the post directly above you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Count me as number 3 then XD

^This.

If you think we are talking about world PvP you’re not having the same conversation the rest of us are.

The loyalist choice made before BFA was, I think, a good example of such an option. I think there should be certain limitations though. That is the thing about war, you are often forced to choose a side even if they don’t represent your ideals very well.

It just depresses me that we’ve come to this point, but I can’t argue against the people who just want all the faction-conflict to stop.

I blame Blizzard first and foremost for failing to maintain this IP responsibly. I blame them for ruining the concept of war in Warcraft. The fact that it seems like the majority of players are sick and tired of the foundational conflict this game was built upon is just kinda…sad for me.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m just not certain that Blizzard’s Narrative team is truly capable of telling an actually balanced Faction War story where one side isn’t clearly and overwhelmingly “the bad guys”.

So, Neutrality is fine with me.

I’d rather them tell a story that they are better at executing than to force a story they aren’t good at just because RAWR ITS WARCRAFT NOT PEACECRAFT or whatever.

2 Likes