Why Hasn't Lower Kara Been Nerfed?

Knowing the mechanics is nice and all. But you don’t just have to know the mechanics. EVERYONE has to know the mechanics and not make mistakes. If someone on Hylbrande didn’t know the orb mechanic you can get just have them not grab one. If someone didn’t know the mechanics for so’leah you can have someone else run into the star or run the arrow through the other stars.

If someone doesn’t know moroes and either hits a cc ghost, fail to cc or stand in an aoe it’s usually an instant death and probably boosted damage kills the rest of the group. Don’t know that you need to burst down the maiden shield? She wipes you as you don’t have enough dps to break it. Someone doesn’t know about flame wraith on medivh? Total party wipe.

The mechanics themselves aren’t even the worst part. Its the health percentage they are taking out of our characters during fights. IMO one shot mechanics are fine. If groups wipe to them its because they didn’t know and/or just messed up. It happens we learn and move on. But the unavoidable damage being this massive is just broken af.

1 Like

New patch notes just now. Lower Kara has been nerfed but not by much

2 Likes

They were too busy re-nerfing destro and surv :confused:

that sounds like a mechanic problem. The big guy’s charge outside the tank has always been a 1 shot to anyone dumb enough to eat it

again a mechanic problem. You’re meant to los it so you dont get hit by the boss when he’s gunning you down

• Ghostly Philanthropist will no longer cast Throw Coin.
  • Gang Ruffian’s Poisonous Shank damage reduced by 30%.
  • The Opera Hall: Wikket
    • Winged Assistant health reduced by 30%.
  • Moroes
    • Moroes’ Garrote duration reduced to 1 minute (was permanent).
    • Moroes’ Dinner Party effect now increases the damage and attack speed of nearby dinner guests by 50% (was 100%).

For reference

1 Like

The one that is good is the dinner part effect. The amount of damage their aoe and unavoidable damage did if you had more than one up was insane.

1 Like

That’s the issue, the TANK got one shot.

Right, it’s not a problem that it kills you, it’s that it kills someone that isn’t stacking versa in just a few hits, no time to react.

It’s not an issue for me, I can take more hits than most. it’s just demoralizing to be deleted like that so fast that people just say screw this and leave.

lol what was the tank wearing clothe? I’ve done it on a 16 and didnt even dent my healthbar

boss yells “open fire”
3 sec later he open fire. And you can’t just side step and los? Again mechanics issue. Blaming the game for your lack of understanding when it’s really a gitgud issue :person_shrugging:

You in such a hurry to be snarky you didn’t even understand what you read…
I didn’t get killed in these fights, I know what to do.
What I am saying is these low level M+ mechanics are discouraging people from getting in there and trying to work their way up.

If these “new to M+” players keep getting mauled in low level keys while they are trying to learn, they will just quit.

I know it wasn’t you. I read what you said. And no I rather new player understand what the mechanics are so they’ll learn that it’s bad for you. I rather they learn at +2 than waste some1’s key at a +15.

To which I see no issue with. Blizzard doesn’t need to hold everyone’s hand all the time.

Me too.
I would expect these mechanics to be this punishing higher up, but in a +2?
it’s a bit over the top for people trying to learn is all I’m saying.

I see it differently. I think this teaches them what mechanics are do or die early on and forms good habits. The problem in surviving failed mechanics is that they will continue to fail them until they can’t. I have heard and seen many people think they were doing the mechanic correctly when they were not at all. These were not low keys either. People didn’t know Manastorm mechanics in a +20 because they always got by until they couldn’t.

it’s better they learn early. People complain they can’t learn early. Well here it is. If said ability doesn’t kill them then they’ll never learn and just be a problem higher up.

I can’t argue that.

It’s a scaling issue, not a mechanical issue. Stop trying to be the peacock in the room.

It’s only a scaling issue if you fail the mechanic.

I didn’t realize I could avoid Moroe’s bleed by following a mechanic properly.

They don’t play this game, so I doubt they notice. They’re also busy ignoring alpha feedback.