Why has wrath become so toxic?

Might want to work on your own grammar before insulting others use of written language.

2 Likes

I have been saying it all expansion. Wrath is very, very unkind to new players, and it’s even worse now. It’s a two-fold issue. The power creep in Wrath is insane which makes it difficult to bring value with lower ilvl gear, but then the players are incredibly toxic as well.

Either you join a guild or farm (buy) lots of gold like everyone else. If you have neither, it’s a nightmare to grind for gear.

2 Likes

The saddest part is original Wrath (the last year, anyway) was insanely kind for new players. Spend a weekend doing simple Heroics and bam, full tier 9 set and ready to go.

3 Likes

Yup you were asked to farm t9 set get a few pieces from toc and the icc 5 mans and you were ready to roll into icc 10, get some gear from there and roll onto heroics or icc 25

I never said im trying to wear pvp gear to tank…what i said was people would rather i wear pvp gear because it has a higher ilvl and mah gearscore is what they care about rather than surviving

just another reason they need to drop that 30% dmg buff and add the ability to click it off and get an achievement if u clear without it or whatever

1 Like

sure and also purchase loot with wowtokens

no none perfers you wear pvp gear, people care about gearscore for your the role you’re trying to fill. the pvp gear is you trying to game them.

No gear score is you caring about ilvl or what the item is, stop being toxic

You have it backwards, gearscore isn’t the reason wow subscriptions fell. Its because blizzard ruined the progression of their endgame through catchup mechanics, and gearscore came into the game because of catchup mechanics. With catchup gear , it makes it harder to tell what players will give you a higher success rate for your raid just by inspecting them, so this number would give you better translatable data to determine if the gear they acquired was during difficult content or not.

In reality the endgame content should be done linearly, in a 3 raid scenario with gear acquired from the first or 2nd raid before getting into the 3rd.

Its blizzards delusion, not the playerbases delusion. The more blizzard tries to control what players and the playerbase chooses and expose more players to prog through catchup who in reality don’t want to prog and don’t want to be around that environment, the more creative ways players will choose to curate the players they choose to participate, and blizzard is still acting on that delusion in retail to this day.

Thanks to Gamma, 245 is now the minimum accepted ilvl for ICC. That is what my DK was at after doing TOGC for all of P3, so many were at that or higher anyway. Just do Gamma and TOGC and you’ll be at that ilvl in no time. Tanks get instant queues in RDF, and many are still doing TOGC for certain BiS items.

this again.

and also

again.

its an open market, sorry you cant compete. I hear retail pve mechanics catch you up to current every single phase.

3 Likes

Ignored for being toxic

Icc requires 232 or better

And you really did not need to comment as such reported for spam

icc normal prog would have you start at 232 ilevel, people in wotlk aren’t really interested in progging normal modes, they want to bash the bosses, not get bashed

No one is going to accept 232 when you can get to 245 just by doing Gammas.

2 Likes

No one runs togc on my server except tjose requiring icc 25 gear to come and gammas are not a solution as A the people there are the same neckbeards in raids and insta kick any non icc geared playet and B i dont do mythics never have never will they are tedious and boring

Than they are morons back in original wrath 232 was what was requested…all of icc has been cleared by a raid of ilvl 200 people

*Then
fixt it for you