Why Fresh Wrath is the right choice

Nice opinion you have there.

Yup. Just as it’s the opinion of people who prefer fresh. It’s not the, “right” choice. It’s their choice.

1 Like

No I mean the part about “most” won’t play fresh

nah leveling is the most boring chore to the game. Already have enough characters drug through the slop of wow “quests” if you can call them that

You level one time and it takes like 150 hours then you play for hundreds to thousands of hours. Seems like not a big deal to me.

Because they won’t. Fresh servers are generally always lower population after the first while, most people don’t want to lose everything they’ve worked for, and new players often have people they know on other servers.

We have only had 2 instances of fresh servers. One was classic lanuch which was BY FAR more people than are on current servers. Then we had SoM which was still a pretty massive launch but it died quickly because of dumb changes they made.

So not sure where you are getting the idea fresh is low population when one example is by far the most players that have ever been in Classic.

You are talking out your butt right now.

New servers were made in WoW’s history. Not just Classic.

1 Like

I’ve already done Fresh by dumping a 15 year old character for a new one. Why would I want to do that again 3 years later?

1 Like

Oh you mean after most people quit the game?

Oh man parse shaming LUL. Big talk from a sock puppet.

New servers were made a lot in the early days of WoW.

Don’t come in here with facts. He doesn’t like those.

I’d have to disagree its the right choice. Its a way to dodge inflation which is far worse than its ever been as they have too many bots/boosters. Its the chance of establishing a top guild without having to deal with the current competition. So what makes it a bad idea?

Its yet another split of the community as these will surely be disconnected from current ones. Active players are just too low to keep splitting like this. Its going to kill battlegrounds and other features that rely on having a large player pool. Once those go, its over
 player decay becomes very rapid.

If you don’t believe me check out Classic Era and SoM warsong, AB, and AV. Its the first time I’ve seen WoW look completely abandoned. Classic WotLK isn’t far from this. In our battlegroup we usually don’t have 50 players in any of those BGs, and low level bgs never have anyone in them.

I think its time to end:
PvP vs PvE - make all servers PvP in classic
End regional sub breakouts like USWest and USEast, and simply have North America, South America, Europe etc.
Only offer a small number of realm options and make them have incentives based on what players are looking for like:

• true classic (hardcore time spent)

• x2 exp, x2 rewards (honor, rep, half price vendor costs, gathering etc.) (casual time spent)

Finally I would have really liked to have an Eternal WoW option where the character you make can stay in that expansion forever and not have its gear devalued, via auto copy when the next one launches. I realize now that that this probably can’t happen as it would create too many splits of the community, so instead, I propose one of two options:

• Run two classics concurrently - the current launch (everyone advances) and let all characters stay behind as copies in the old expansion, until the next one launches. This gives players an extended period in each expansion so they can get what they want out of it and not have their gear devalued so quickly.

• Let the WoW Classic community vote on, if you stood up one classic expansion that had at least a 5 year life span, which one would you want it to be.

I understand Blizzard thinks everyone needs a carrot on a stick to keep subscribing, but I think your underestimating the amount of people that are leaving because they DON’T want to have their gear devalued and start all over again. People that primarily PvP want a much slower cycle than Classic is delivering so they can PvP more and grind less. I think that is proven in participation as I see raid encounters are packed yet we have a couple WSGs and a single unfilled AV going on most of the time.

They are doing fresh servers man. You either play on them or don’t. You don’t make demands for changes. FYI this is how things work.

None of the reasons op gave mean crap to me. The reason why is simple because it’s not an important part of the game to me. Old world doesn’t need to be lively because on fresh or on current servers northerend will be lively and once people are leveled then it would die down. I’ve leveled characters through the beginning of classic all the way through current content and my opinion on the old world having people is get out of my way.

The economy isn’t ruined by bots but is changed. In fact it means supplies are probably almost always available. Yeah maybe I can’t compete against a bot who can farm 24/7 for primal at a realistic price but I can farm 100 other things and still make decent gold. The funny thing about gold is the importance of it decreases exponential once you have the gold sinks you need. I literally have 0 things I want to spend my gold on for my main character. By playing the game I make more then I spend a week on consumables and what not.

The main reason most people currently playing shouldn’t go fresh is the investment you have already made onto your characters. I for example have 5 70s and another 60 then another 2 at 30. Just in time to level all that up I am looking at over 1000 hours that’s rep grinds completed ect ect. Professions maxed out.

Another great example is look at SOM. Server drop off was huge. People play to be with the crowd then will real quickly go back when they have something better to do which will come with pre patch. Then you’ll see another come wrath launch. Plus if you’re in a guild you enjoy you risk breaking that up.

The final reason I’m going to give is it leaves you with nothing to do right now. If your going fresh what do you do till those servers launch?

wait are you being serious?

you were crying and lashing out at others in another thread about warriors not getting into raid and that we shouldn’t bring them in wrath !?

what kind of clown are you
you are one deluded individual

ok yeah you’re one heck of a clown

cringe

I’ll be playing Fresh. I’m fairly confident that it will be popular enough to not require transfers immediately after 90 days, though I don’t think they’ll be free from them forever.

There’s a decent amount of people who’ve been waiting for Wrath to start Classic simply because they don’t like Vanilla/TBC that much. There’s also plenty of people who have played Classic but stopped and don’t have anything tying them to their current, inflated (or dead) server.

Fresh appeals to more people than some people here like to think. Obviously if you’ve been active for all of Classic, have a guild/friends you play with and well geared characters you want to keep playing you won’t want to drop all that for the Fresh experience. But there’s LOTS of people who haven’t done all that that the fresh servers will appeal to.

1 Like

lol this made me chuckle

then thoes people are slow they had over a year to complete tbc