Why ffxiv is getting attention

There’s no enjoyable content in FFXIV…hic!

:man_shrugging:

That’s fine, as I said you still have WoW and everyone else heading out the door, posting about changes/leaving, and ruffling feathers will have their FFXIV, SWTOR, or whatever…hic!

2 Likes

So you never farmed essences in BFA? You never farmed the currency so you enter horrific visions in BFA? You’ve not done any torghast for multiple legendaries? You’ve not farmed any stygia? None of that? What have you been doing?

These are all things you NEED to do if you want to do content above heroic dungeons.

1. Everyone else isn’t heading out the door.

2. Go play the game you want to play. It doesn’t actually matter.

3. People have been saying this for almost two decade any time some other game comes out that they find more interesting than WoW.

If it didn’t matter I think you wouldn’t have responded to my posts as much. Also I am playing the game I want to play and getting near instant queues as DPS unlike in WoW…hic!

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

No, I haven’t done any of that, I’ve been too busy playing the game.

Odd because I’ve been doing Mythic+ and Normal/Heroic Raiding since they have been available and I’ve never once gone out to specifically farm any of those things. I’ve gotten everything I currently have just by playing the game that I am interested in playing when I go to play it.

It doesn’t matter in that nothing you are talking about has affected my ability to play the game. Calling out the nonsense with a reply isn’t mutually exclusive from that.

Okay, let me rephrase that:

There’s very little content outside Torghast, M+, and raiding worth doing. The covenant campaigns, while fun to run through, are not worth handicapping your character over. I’m not about to lock myself out of M+ and raiding content, because covenants are so grossly unbalanced, for a week just to play 3 hours of story content. Sorry.

And using World of Warcraft’s 17+ year history is completely irrelevant when Blizzard does absolutely nothing in terms of upkeep for that older content. The only reason you would do it is because you want to farm transmogs, but it’s not engaging to do that. If you’re farming transmogs for a Legion raid, you’re not engaging in those mechanics, which are half of the fun of doing a raid; you’re just going through the motions until you reach the end. Telling me to just level an alt is not a solution, either. I’ve leveled alts. I like leveling alts, but I’ve experienced this game’s content tenfold. It’s not exactly going to be any different the next time around. It’s old, outdated content that only serve as a vehicle to get you to the endgame, at this point.

The Maw and Torghast are nothing more than tedious, extra steps that funnel into M+ and raiding. As wholistic pieces of content, they don’t really stand on their own. You do them because you have to, not because you want to.

4 Likes

So it’s just all about you then. I got you…hic!

What the hell are you talking about? Why would you be locked out of any of that because you rolled an alt to engage with the other covenants?

Oh and by the way, none of my alts have been “locked out of content”.

You’re not running MDI with a professional team competing for real world prizes. Stop playing the game as if you are and maybe you won’t be “locking” yourself out of that content.

:man_shrugging:

Well when you post silly statements that seem to want to suggest some sort of universal experience, then yes, it’s all about me not agreeing with your absurdity.

If they didn’t have such a bad reputation for PvP I’d probably give them a shot.

???

Grrrr I’m so mad people are playing what they want to play!

FF couldn’t be less interesting to me, personally. I’m closer to trying ESO. But neither of them are something I’m looking at currently, especially now 9.1 has a date.

It’s called Blizzard caters to the sweaty tryhards that play this game and it’s very difficult to push the content Blizzard wants you to push when nobody wants your class, nevermind the class and covenant you chose.

1 Like

Hold up, wait a minute…

WoW is simple? Lol what? Are you serious? Have you seen all the systems this game has? Have you seen all the systems just patch 9.1 has? There are more currencies in WoW now, than cryptocurrencies on planet Earth. You need a degree to play WoW these days. It is the exact opposite of simple.

1 Like

Dude, come on, what the heck are you talking about? Nobody wants your class? You’re not trying out for MDI.

I’ve had no problem finding a raid or mythic+ on any of my varied and diverse characters. Neither should you be.

Sure you have. I TOTALLY believe you. What you call “playing the game” is engaging with their systems.

1 Like

If by just engaging with game play means that you engage with systems passively whats your problem with “systems”?

Because character progression was sacrificed for system progression. You progress a system for 2 years then it’s thrown away next expansion and you have the same base character you had 2 expansions ago. Where’s the class growth? Where’s new talents? Where’s new abilities? Oh that’s right they’re just part of a system that gets thrown away.

Okay well seeing as i couldnt care less about “progression” I am not going to be able to have a reasonable conversation with you about it.