Why ffxiv is getting attention

Every game is like thisss robot voice It just takes timeeeeeee

Hereā€™s the thing and I know this could upset people. Iā€™ve done tanking and healing in WoW quite a bit and thatā€™s all fine. I donā€™t hardly ever DPS because DPS are a dime a dozen and are damn near impossible at times to get regular dungeon queues because of the sheer number of DPS players.

Now I go in to a game like SWTOR and start out as DPS. I can queue for dungeons and the entire group is a four person of DPS or it could have a healer/tank. Either way Iā€™m getting in and the dungeon is getting run with hardly a wait time. Now imagine if WoW had instant queues like that for everyone? Suddenly people would have things to do more and not be as quick to leave.

Honestly if the development team of WoW is so focused on eSports and raiding while throwing scraps to everyone else it makes sense that eSports players and raiders would be what is mostly left. At the end of the day someone like me who likes to run dungeons up to even old school Black Rock Spire level will gravitate away from WoW the way itā€™s currently run cause I can queue and go where/when I want in the other game. Iā€™m also getting rewarded for it with gear, cosmetics, and stronghold furniture pieces. Thatā€™s just me and why Iā€™m drifting off thoughā€¦hic!

I mean people do a lot more than just raidingā€¦ I mean I havenā€™t touched the raid the entire expansion except to do wing 3 of lfr for a legendary memory like a month ago. And Iā€™m getting by just fine doing nothing but pvp and world quests with warmode on. I think itā€™s fine they focus on esports, not everyone is a casual. Yes they should cater to casual play as well because, itā€™s an mmo. IMO they already do.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad they meet your needs. Though all the people who have left, are on their way out the door, or are thinking of leaving itā€™s a different story. Iā€™m in the on the way out camp myself mostly because I am running what I want in other games as I want and going beyond the fixed tank/healer lock in I get here in WoW over there with no wait time. The little elemental shaman in me sheds a tear every time I cast force storm, chain lightning, and overload as things just dieā€¦hic!

They werenā€™t meeting my needs with how long it took 9.1 to release or the changes that are needed that will not go live until, 9.1. But yes otherwise I am fine

Againā€¦ thatā€™s you, not everyone else. The other thing is that I think upsets people is that those leaving who still love what WoW was are upsetting others asking for the things to let them enjoy WoW again. Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll be gone and youā€™ll have WoWā€¦hic!

I donā€™t speak for everyone, no. I was speaking how I felt personally. If that wasnā€™t already obvious. But youā€™re probably drunk so Iā€™ll let it slide

wOw GuD fF bAd

1 Like

I donā€™t queue for end game content. I run it with friends and guildies. Maybe, if players werenā€™t so antagonistic towards being social they could find that itā€™s pretty easy to get into dungeons and raids.

Or just go in to another game where you can get in to dungeons and raids easier wither itā€™s FFXIV, SWTOR, or whatever and leave WoW for those who have groups of friends like you. Nothing wrong with thatā€¦hic!

There is so much in the game to do that I donā€™t know how you can say this with a straight face. Thereā€™s probably 100s of hours worth of content to get through. If anything, they have been catering to that crowd more today then they have ever catered to it in the past. What more do you want?

If you donā€™t understand what people are leaving for then that isnā€™t really my problem. I think others have spent quite a bit of time explaining why. Enjoy WoWā€¦hic!

How much easier can it get then a queue that puts you into a group of 4 other strangers within 15-20 min while you are running around doing your quests and story mode?

Actually Iā€™m running veteran mode and my queue times as DPS are not even 1 minute long. Itā€™s great! ā€¦hic!

Your right I donā€™t understand what they are leaving for. Instant queues to mindlessly grind out content with 4 other people you are barely going to interact with on content that doesnā€™t require any amount of coordination. You just show up. I donā€™t get why that would be a appealing to anyone.

:man_shrugging:

Doing the same content over and over again does not mean thereā€™s 100+ hours of content. I understand that the repetition is a core feature to an MMOā€™s longevity, but there is very little to do in this game outside of doing Torghast every week and running raids/M+.

Systems. Modern wow sucks because of systems and restrictions on fun. Want to do something fun? Better interact with the system(s) first!

1 Like

There are four whole covenant compaigns to do that each take several doezen hours to complete. After than there are side quests in each one of those zones. There are dozens of world quests that change daily. There are the four different anima grinds for those who like grinding (and there are). Thereā€™s teh Maw and Torghast. And this isnā€™t even considering that thereā€™s 17 years of past content to go back and finish with alts if you havenā€™t done them.

Donā€™t tell me that thereā€™s no content in the game. Thatā€™s an absurd statement.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no enjoyable content in the covenant gameā€¦hic!

1 Like

I havenā€™t been actively interacting with any ā€œsystemā€ in the game so I donā€™t know what you are talking about really. I know that there are ā€œsystemsā€ for players to engage with, and that they can go pretty deep if thatā€™s your jam. So either way, you can either engage with them or not, itā€™s not going to affect your ability to play and enjoy the game.