Why ffxiv is getting attention

Wow is not hardcore what so ever lmfao, it’s nothing but a bunch of bs time gates. And I hate to break it to you, but most of the WoW players are casuals. If they ruin the game for casuals, who’s gonna be left for you to play with? the tiny percentage of HaRDCoRe PlayerS?.

2 Likes

Because it’s a better game made by a beloved studio that had a positive engagement model with its fans.

Theres no secret formula. Just like weight loss is literally just “use more calories than you eat” and every fad diet is doomed to fail, there’s no crazy trick to making a superior game.

Content.
Community.
{End of list}

2 Likes

I also have no interest in FFXIV and I’m a casual non-rper.

But the idea that the your existence is somehow proof that the game is fine is weird.

I have learned on the forum that wow would be more successful if everyone who wasn’t hardcore left the game. (Not sure what that definition of “success” means) And if only all the casuals were purged from the game, there would be a wave of tens of millions of hardcore players who were looking for the hardest core game that there ever was, and were waiting for wow to get rid of all those pesky casuals so they could finally join.

The player who wrote those things actually believed them.

1 Like

Remember when WoW was that game? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

1 Like

WoW has bunny girls too. Just because you never bothered to farm the ears that they hand out every Easter doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Honestly, these furry memes are super hypocritical coming from players in a game with Cow, Goat, Fox, Wolf, and Panda people.

2 Likes

Yep, the M+ people are the only happy ones because Blizzard seems to want to concentrate on making WoW an eSport. This is why the game feels more like an FPS to me and not an MMORPG anymore.

3 Likes

Does FFO have some ideas WoW should consider implementing? Yes, I believe so

Is FFO an MMO I would personally enjoy? No, it is not

However that is JUST my opinion and if you want to play whatever game you want, you go right ahead and do that

I’m sorry, I’m still amused neither of you seem to realize both those memes are aimed at the obsessive behavior of FFXIV rabids.

And you seem to be missing the point that having a rabid fan base is a clear sign that your game is good. WoW used to have a rabid fan base like that. What is the fact that you as a WoW player seem to be shocked by the idea of a rabid player base telling you?

2 Likes

Listen, ARR and Heavensward are not good gauges on the story. Especially ARR. Heavensward is a step up, but then you get into Stormblood, it gets dull again.

sub optimal bunny girl set up, they cannot be mogged outside of noblegarden because blizzard is anti fun mogs.

FFXIV gets male VIera, but female Viera are cursed to have the same hairstyles and not wear helms.

rab·id

1. having or proceeding from an extreme or fanatical support of or belief in something.

Maybe to avoid further confusion, in the future I should start saying the spammers are behaving like an obsessed ex. Or kids. Or a cult. It all fits.

So.

You actually think spamming another game’s social media is a good look? Is that the takeaway?

It’s really so weird the spammers think FFXIV can’t stand on its own merits, if it’s really so flawless. It’s really concerning how most I’ve seen here can’t even accept some people just don’t care for FFXIV. Some people play it and still have issues with it. I thought the phrase “one of us, one of us” used by the the FFXIV playerbase was a joke, but I’m not so sure anymore. Wrapping your identity around a game isn’t good. Neither is demanding a hivemind of only positive responses, especially when you’re hatespamming another community’s forums.

I could have sworn one of the things they’ve been touting about FFXIV is a “great community”, but this behavior is proving it’s anything but. I’m not surprised at this point, though? Selling a “perfect” game on the disclaimer “it gets better after the first expansion, honest” is already disingenuous, why stop there?

Congrats, you’re trolls of the game the devs of FFXIV enjoy and borrow from freely. I’m sure they’re very proud of you.

Star Citizen has an extremely rabid fan base and the biggest of whales.

I’m not trying to sell anything. Many have pointed out that FFXIV, despite looking at a six month content drought, is on the rise while WoW continues to decline. You mischaracterize this as obsession somehow. If anything, I wish WoW was better because of all the time I’ve invested into this game. Others have said we want to make WoW into FFXIV. This is wrong, too. I want WoW to go back to being the great game it once was. The FFXIV comparisons are simply pointing out that WoW fumbled their ball and FFXIV is now running down the field with it. I wouldn’t even say I’m an FFXIV fan. I’m just willing to settle for it right now because it offers the experience closest to the one WoW used to boast.

You’re projecting a whole lot of garbage onto me by implying that I just came over here recently to sling mud at WoW and that I’m doing so as a representative of the FFXIV community. I didn’t get 20k+ achievement points dating back as far as 2009 on my WoW account by playing FFXIV.

Sure they are. ARR sets up for its finale into Heavensward. Heavensward mostly concludes itself within the expansion it’s set in while adding extra elements that are iterated upon elsewhere. If you don’t like or understand the story by the end of Heavensward, either it’s just not your cup of tea or you don’t want to enjoy it.

Not every story is meant to entertain every audience, but FFXIV by no means has crappy writing. Stormblood’s greatest story weakness is having runtime split between two very different areas, but it’s still got plenty of developed and meaningful story.

Believe it or not, most of us talk about and reference FFXIV in relation to WoW in the hopes WoW might approach a different design philosophy more akin to how things used to be.

I don’t want reasons to not play WoW. I’m not looking for reasons to avoid playing WoW. I’ve just personally hit a point where I can’t stand playing it, and I find that to be a shame.

That’s not to say FFXIV just up and drew me away; I already was playing and enjoying it alongside WoW. It has its merits and flaws like any MMO. But… I’ve hit that point where I can’t help comparing the two and seeing what I want to have in WoW. I can’t blame others for doing the same, though some people do take that a bit too far at times.

1 Like

Yes yes but this is said every expansion to the point where it’s a meme in itself

Again, are there ideas that are good from other MMO’s Warcraft should consider adopting? Yes

Am I interested in playing MMO’s like FFO? No, I am content with WoW

Saying things like “everything since Wrath has sucked” doesn’t mention why you think it sucks? And telling people who still enjoy this game as a whole they’re just wrong because you say so–what is that if not mudslinging? The people spamming the offtopic FFXIV posts are instigating ridicule. Why would someone call player who still enjoys WoW a “Retail Andy” just because they don’t like it?

You stepped in on a rando trying to kick up an argument with me to take a potshot at WoW. Alrighty. But when another conversation was critical of FFXIV locking crafting mats behind player houses (and the extreme camping required to even get a house), you stepped in to say apartments were easy to get, even though apartments can’t access the same materials as the garden of a house and the camps for a house are long, to put it kindly. (The goalpost shift of another poster to “I like an economy” won the prize there, though.)

TL;DR: “You can’t like WoW because I say WoW sucks” gets a pass; handwaving criticisms of FFXIV away with an apple when the discussion’s about an orange looks a little lopsided. I have issues with FFXIV atm, but I try to detail them. I’ve not told anyone they can’t enjoy an aspect of that game. I’m stating why I don’t enjoy it.

Constructive criticism isn’t the issue here, though.

Even the FFXIV subreddit got largely fed up with the outbreak of WoW hatespam that was happening there last week–it was causing pretty much the same tensions here.

I did the same over in the discussion of WoW housing–I think it would be great to have a more customizable and permanent place to invest in than the Garrison. And there are things I’d like Yoshida to borrow from WoW. But again, constructive criticism isn’t the problem.

They certainly are! :smile:

Imagine clicking on a FFXIV thread when you don’t want to hear about FFXIV

1 Like

Shadowlands has been the first time in a long time (been playing continuously since 2004) where my guild has been raiding and running mythic+ with regularuty (weekly without fail since release). Though we started raiding again regularly towards the end of BfA, Shadowlands has been the most I’ve raided and run dungeons with them since probably WotLK. I’m having a blast. They are having a blast.

Raiding and Dungeons have been the core reason why I have continued played WoW for the past 17 years. And here’s the thing, I’m a dirty casual about it. I don’t do anything out of the ordinary. I play, at most, 10 hours a week, if that some times. I don’t go out of my way to get gear and I most certainly don’t grind for anything in the game.

That said, the things I’m least interested in are quests and story. If I got neither of those two thing in an expansion, I’d still be a satisfied customer.