Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

Yea, it does not seem terribly swell
I know how much it stinks starting a new prof late, and trudging through all the low lev areas to work on it.

Im not sure what kind of gear you would instant 58 in, you could not arrive naked, but i got a feeling it wouldn’t be great, TBC did not have any purpose built level jumped character starting area like wrath did for DK’s
where you played in a purpose built shoebox to get prepped to enter the real world.

Having to jump back in content to scrounge some gear you could go forward with seems less fun than just leveling up to begin with?

fresh TBC is TRASH

the only people who actually want this are people who are jealous of those that have more than they do. its that simple.

im sorry i have 20,000 more gold than you do because im smart enough to earn it.

why should i be punished because of your salt?

2 Likes

Thereby skipping the blood elf and draenei Azeroth content entirely and sending an unambiguous “only Outland matters” message.

And why does only the worst of their four offered choices count as “as suggested by Blizzard”? Try to be a little less overtly manipulative.

4 Likes

No, toon copy with gear and a gold cap of 100g or so.

1 Like

I’d love to see fresh tbc this is the way.

2 Likes

So everyone is going to roll a rogue because anyone can start at level 58, that’s genius.

Epic flying is supposed to be the next big grind as it unlocks a whole heap of content. If people can just ding 70, get their epic flying mount and sail off it’s going to give some people far too large an advantage.
Remember as far as we know theres no AOE farm spots in TBC that easily work (bar one I can think of) so being able to mvoe and farm faster than the rest is going to be huge.

I want fresh TBC and I have optimal gear for each of my specs.

Why bank 20,000 gold, lol? Gold depreciates, invest in materials.

And forcing people to start totally fresh characters will only make this worse. Realistically, they will need to do something about faction balance or tbc is going to have serious issues.

Would you mind detailing that logic?

No.
• It’s not Blizzlike. TBC was about continuing the journey of your existing character. Classic, and thus Classic TBC are about fostering as much of a Blizzlike experience as they can.
• It doesn’t preserve the guilds and communities you formed, the way TBC did on launch.
• It doesn’t preserve your personal accomplishments, professions, etc. that you had built up in preparation for TBC’s launch.
• It doesn’t preserve your names, reputation, rivalries you’d built up over the life of Vanilla.

TBC was an expansion to the game you were already playing and invested years into. It was NOT an entirely new game where you rolled a empty template toon you have zero attachment to in order to peak your stream numbers for a week. Someone logging into WoW for the first time in TBC did not have the same resources and footing as someone playing since day one… and thus, they needed to engage in the community, find guilds, and explore instead of print an endgame character instantly.

4 Likes

I agree, to divide millions wouldn’t be a problem. But we’re not talking millions; were talking thousands per realm with no cross realm functionality. Some realms barely even make that number others don’t have any data because they’re so low.

But by all means, divide away. The population reduction of a community is exponential. Just look at Garrisons.

Starting at 58 is for noobs. Level your own dang characters.

3 Likes

So the alternative you’re proposing is for all Classic realms to become TBC realms? Don’t get me wrong. I love TBC, but THAT move would be quite divisive. That would cause many Classic-only players to quit and flock to private servers once more, which would be against Blizzard’s intention for creating these Classic realms in the first place - to protect their IP.

If there are any major population imbalances on the Classic servers once TBC Classic goes live, Blizzard will most likely open up free transfers, as they have been known to do in the past.

No, my proposal was either all in, or not at all. Keep community together, no matter what.

I offered a 3 year season, 1 year per expansion pre-cata. But that is more of a pipe dream if anything.

I think there’s room for both people who want to be given time to further progress Classic through AQ and Naxx without being rushed into TBC, and players who are only looking for TBC because Classic doesn’t do it for them anymore.

The main thing to consider is wether TBC will happen at the same time for people who want to start fresh and people who want to be given time to clear all Classic content first.

This obviously would split the community and require some Classic servers to be merged once the TBC population hit has been established.

they are going to run concurrently
if classic requires some server merges, those are no big deal, those are not destructive operations as the communities remain intact.

I doubt the “fresh only” movement will get much traction, because anyone can choose to start fresh, just by simply doing so, and there are a great many people who would want to continue their progress post nax and post PVP ranking.

Which is after all, exactly how TBC began.

The existing vanilla players progressed onwards, and the millions of new subscribers began fresh, all side by side.

3 Likes

Yea because they sure in the heck moderated all that for classic.

OH WAIT!

No thanks.

If you want to contiue playing Classic, you can do so with the other 9 people on each server that want to.

2 Likes

Considering some effectively couldn’t play at all during Phase 2 on some servers, it’s really hard to shed a tear for anyone who is upset they can’t play on the dominating faction.