Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant. I was under the impression you wanted a BC Server with Character Copies and a BC Server that is fresh. I don’t mean like how we have Classic and just making new servers within Classic. Like how we have Retail vs Classic but like BC Character Copies and BC Fresh.

yeah, just like how they totally gouged us by having to pay a separate subscription for retail and classic…

oh, and just to add. when TBC was originally released, there was no issue that they were not on ‘fresh servers’. Loads of people rolled Draenei, and even more rolled Blood Elves without an issue.

There weren’t free level 58’s in TBC. It would cheapen the experience if they were to do that. I’m 100% against that crap. Leveling is all part of the journey (and being attached to your characters you’ve invested days into). They should leave the boosts for Retail, and not implement that in Classic/Classic TBC.

TBC Copy + TBC Fresh is the only way IMO. Leave Classic servers as they are, and allow those players to progress into TBC content with the characters they’ve invested heavily in and enjoy.

3 Likes

My preference is 6 months - 1 year before TBC they release fresh vanilla servers with all phases already open as dedicated TBC servers that will roll over.

1 Like

I know. But they implemented this after TBC, I believe the first was in Cata but I don’t remember. Either way it’s a thing they’ve done the last few expansions. Mark my words they will give every person that orders TBC a free 58 boost.

This. People that put in the time to level 4-5 alts to 60 in Classic should be able to bring them all over to TBC, complete with skills and professions, just like they could in Vanilla.

3 Likes

The free boosts began with the WoD expansion (free level 90). I still have all my boosts which keep increasing in levels with each expansion (3 free level 110’s now and 1 level 120). Too bad I can’t just give those away for free to people.

You’re right. It’s probably what they are trying to do, but I’m against the free boosts in Classic and really hope they don’t do that. I personally play Classic to stay away from these QoL changes.

Yeah I hope they don’t either, but I’m almost positive they will.

Plus I would hope people balance out factions more this way. I am like a little child waiting for Christmas Day for tbc!!!

This is my nostalgia. Cannot wait!!

Sadly TBC has all the more reason to stack horde.

Blood elves for PvP silence
BE Paladins are better with seal of blood
Arena matches horde vs horde so no queue time impact.

It’ll just be casual BG farming that will have insane queues.

I think the last thing this game needs is another reason to divide the community. They did it with War-Mode and with Classic. Both make the community smaller. Dividing the Classic community will just make it so one or both die out.

Either you go full in, upgrade all servers to BC or not at all.
Here’s a thought, 3 Year Seasons, 1 Year per expansion: Classic > BC > WotLK

After the season is done, you get can send that character to a live realm.

Fresh means Hellfire Peninsula is going to be chaos, especially on pvp servers.

Starting at 58 is the best option. Your 60 from classic will replace all of their gear with greens any way, and you won’t have to start at level 1. This way you also won’t have the advantage of starting with thousands of gold, which would mess with the economy and make buying flying mounts trivial, everyone would be on even grounds with everyone else that starts up.

why? you werent forced to do this in the original BC, why should you be forced to do it in BC-classic?

3 Likes

It makes no sense to force Classic players into TBC. Blizzard didn’t create Classic servers just to be nice. They created them to protect their IP and to go after Vanilla private servers. They will most likely be keeping Classic servers running indefinitely.

Also, creating TBC servers wouldn’t divide anyone if they just do a server CLONE (Grobbulus-Classic and Grobbulus-Classic TBC), and allow the players to continue onto the new expansion. This would allow TBC players to still play on Classic servers (what I plan on doing). Blizzard could also open up some brand new TBC servers to allow those players to start at level 1 for that fresh new experience, the way they did back in TBC when they launched new servers.

There have been at least 100 million accounts created since 2014, so there would likely be a large influx of wow players who love TBC (but hated Classic), who would flock to these servers. Everyone has their own favorite version/expansion of the game, so populations aren’t something to really worry about for awhile.

You don’t need millions of people playing on a few Classic realms in order for them to continue thriving. Would some players leave Classic at some point because they only wanted to play TBC? Absolutely. But if we were never getting TBC, then those players would leave to other games anyway.

1 Like

I doubt most people here attempted tbc private servers but one thing is for certain and that is faction balance being even more skewed in hordes favor.

I don’t think I played on a single one that wasn’t at least 75/25 split

I disagree, I would live to continue the progress on my toon which has the Ironfor, barons sword, mage blade and a full set of tanking gear and ofc wi have better stuff one naxx co.es out so I can respec as a prot pally. Fresh would just suck, you wanna try it out let them create fresh 58s but I’m here for my classic toon to go to BC because classic blows for paladins

Honestly, I am ok with a two things,
1, a copy of a character with only soul bound(or items equipped so some one doesnt horde expensive SB items to sell) , no gold/items.
2, a 1 time 58 character creation, as personally i would move to alliance for shaman with this option.

I personally feel, moving a whole server on to progress will destroy the economy with all that crazy gold made.

You be wrong on both counts.

And as far as starting a new toon, myself i would prefer to start at level 1 not a level 58 boost if i am rolling a new BC toon, whic is what i would most likely do.
Not because i think anyone else should, simply because i like my druid in classic, and would like to do something different in BC

And anyone that wants to bring their 60 over, by all means bring them, maybe you can heal me while i solo Hogger.

That was not the character name i had in mind, but i could try it.

No, not true.
You could set up to do transfers with a gold and item cap, no bank contents etc.

My guild avoided that fiasco the 1st time around, by spending the week after the portal opened helping all our lower leveled and geared guildmates get ready.
It worked in our favor cause i had people wisp me from hellfire saying omg the entire realm is here, i got 2fps and lag

I missed this meme <3 I need those F R E S H servers. I’ve experienced a ton of private servers, tbc especially and all the servers that started at 58 did NOT survive. There’s one server called netherwing, 1x from 1-70, that was handled poorly and still held most of it’s population until classic launch, even during the launch phase which took about a week. People quit the instant 58s because it’s not their character and they didn’t really put any effort into it.

There’s also the issue of professions just being a straight up hassle to level when at level 58. The economy ends up being bumpy. Anything vanilla related is pretty much completely obsolete and the absolute worst part of starting at 58 is the horrible amount of time it takes to get anything done. Think classic launch x4 + corpse camping as soon as you log in.

It’s fun for a few days, but then everyone gets bored and quits, especially the new players that didn’t bother to level in the first place. You have no connection to that character and you didn’t commit any time to it, so there’s literally nothing to lose when you make the 58s.

TL;DR: Instant 58 is GREAT on paper, but it ultimately leads to boredom and won’t snag new players.

4 Likes