Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

Fresh means starting a brand-new level 58 character, as suggested by Blizzard.

1. New players can come and join the experience.
  2. Fresh allows Blizzard to balance faction sizes from the get-go (which otherwise would be carried over). Can also limit server sizes (one of the biggest changes in Classic).
  3. Fresh means players won’t fear switching factions and “missing out” because they had to start over.
  4. Players can roll into the new races, again without missing out.
  5. Similarly, it enables people to choose a PvE or PvP realm to their liking.
  6. Players can roll into classes that are now more “viable” due to the awesome balancing of BC. People aren’t tied to their Classic class.

Fresh is player friendly. It promotes a healthy mix of classes and races. It promotes a healthy economy.

The few players against Fresh typically have rare gear from Classic and are interested in hardcore PvE progression. I can safely say these people are the minority.

49 Likes

I think this is great. We should have fresh TBC servers.
But we should ALSO have servers we can progress our 60’s on. Servers to accomodate both opinions.

25 Likes

Absolutely. If TBC is F R E S H, then we should continue to have our 60s on Classic which can be progressed to the maximum.

8 Likes

progressing to level 70 is what I mean :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You spelt lvl 58 incorrectly.

9 Likes
  1. Wouldn’t change anything.
  2. You can already do that, no need to force us all to do it.
  3. I don’t want a fresh launch. I leveled these characters for a reason. I want to already be 60 when BC opens. If you want that, then reroll at that time.
  4. Again, you can already reroll if you want.
  5. This is your 1 and only good point. A fresh BC means that thousands of 60s aren’t pouring into BC at the same time… but that’s exactly what happened the first time BC came out. Btw, they can still release a few fresh realms, WITHOUT needing to screw over the rest of us. You’re advocating that everyone lose all their work, when Blizzard could just do both.

I have every intention of taking my 60s over. I don’t know where this obsession with “fresh” realms came from, but it needs to go away. Too many people are obsessed over them. You done had your fresh realms here, and you might get some new ones with BC. No need to screw over 100% of players that want to take their current characters up.

32 Likes

It’s from a very small, very odd group of private server players.

17 Likes

Blizzard has the power to moderate faction balance, economy & server sizes if we start over.

I think most people would want to re-roll for BC, but the data will tell.

I don’t understand either. Both of us and others are advocating for fresh servers as well, for those that want them. But there are some who are just so damn sure that complete fresh servers where we are all forced to start again, is the best option for everyone. It’s not the best option for all. Hence why we should have both sets of servers. If they want fresh servers, then they can roll on them. All those points OP made are subjectively correct and those people who agree can roll on those respective servers.
But for us, we should be able to progress to 70 on our classic characters if we want.

3 Likes

You saw how well that worked the first time. And even if people want to reroll a new race, they’re probably not wanting to drop their thousands of gold and 16 slot bags.

1 Like

They already had the power to do this and decided they wanted to try and maximize the amount of paid server transfers they could. They’re doing this again with all the aggravation that has been caused with the massively over populated servers.

It’s insanity to me that people want to force everyone to reroll for TBC. There’s no way most people want this and every person who I’ve discussed this with are shocked that this would be considered by Blizzard let alone desired by players. The vocal minority that want to do this can. They don’t need their decision on how to play forced on a majority.

12 Likes

No thanks TBC starting from level 1 is DOA.

15 Likes

I re-rolled in original TBC, and hated it. I was behind all my friends/guild, and had to work twice as hard to catch up.

I took time off for Classic, just to be sure I wouldnt be behind the curve.

The only ‘correct’ choice.

1. Keep the Classic Realms capped at 60.
  2. Allow a 1 time COPY (not Transfer) of your 60 to a TBC Realm.
  3. Allow for people to re-roll if they choose on a TBC Realm.

Thats it.

That allows people to retain their 60, progress that character, or re-roll completely.

If anyone thinks they should ‘force’ everyone to re-roll, they can jump off a cliff.

I HATE LEVELING.

14 Likes

While I wish this would be possible I don’t think it will happen because of duping. Level from 58 for me. I already played classic.

Yeah, there would have to be some kind of control over gold transfer and such, but there is no way that is impossible to account for via coding.

yeah… after ny 4th and soon to be 5th level 60… I aint leveling them all over again. Blizzard knows this… they will upgrade all the servers or have a character copy.
There is literally no way they would force people to forget their vanilla characters, guilds friends, etc and make everyone start from scratch.

bad business 101, don’t kick your customers in the nuts

14 Likes

if im forced to level from 1 again in BC i might as well just quit now

16 Likes

There is absolutely no way they make us start from 1 again.

5 Likes

im sure they wont. just pointing out how stupid of an idea this is. anyone who supports this idea is a moron.

9 Likes

No, I want all my alts to come with me to TBC.

8 Likes