Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

I don’t agree with limitations nor controlling which server I get to play on or even which faction.

Layering is a limitation. So are queue times.

Having everyone progress through azeroth before reaching outlands at player controlled speeds is also a limitation.

The original TBC launch was a nightmare.

I don’t understand.

1 Like

I don’t agree with a message pop-up telling me I cannot play on that server because it’s too “full”. As in I can’t create a character there, at all. Or, I cannot play a certain faction because they’re “the most dominant” and grays it out. Those types of limitations and control.

I understand on pvp servers, you’re restricted to one faction, but that’s your own choosing. Pve servers, on the other hand, you can play both.

I didn’t suggest that, fam. Those are hard limitations, I was implying softer ones that are more natural.

I know you, specifically, didn’t suggest it. I’ve just seen those suggested and highly disagree with it. As far as layering goes, I don’t want it and perfectly content with server ques. I don’t consider these features as a form of balancing servers/factions, though.

If we are to all start at 58/60 together, layering is more essential than it was in Classic. You don’t want the entire population in Hellfire Peninsula, believe me.

You’ll spend the entire day fighting over hellboars while lagging to a standstill.

1 Like

Confirmation bias

3 Likes

Even though, I don’t want layering, I have zero doubt Blizz is still going to go this route, anyway. They don’t want players sitting in ques.

Not everyone will. Some will choose to be a Blood Elf or a Draenei.

No different from Classic launch, and it had layering.

My initial argument is balancing servers is the last thing on anyone’s mind, and it’s true. No one is really concerned about trying to balance servers out or even factions, when we’re all too busy wanting to play BC content, right at launch.

Yeah, imagine it without. Now imagine all of those different starting zones, condensed in one single area.

Literally won’t play if i have to start over. the whole point then and now is progression.

8 Likes

I say start from 1. I bet all these nay sayers will still play on the TBC server.
If you have time to level 4 or more characters to 60, then one more isn’t going to hurt.
Heck I’m still working on my first character to 60.
A fresh start, Blizz knows they will real in customers and money for TBC.

4 Likes

There’s probably little chance we get fresh as many players (including me) wouldn’t be interested in starting over for no real reason. They can still balance realms if they want with making new TBC servers we transfer our characters over to.

If you really want fresh then when they open up click the “create character” option, its what its there for.

3 Likes

You reroll to population balanced server.
You start fresh, problem solved.
Next!

1 Like

I don’t see the difference. Especially since more people were sitting in ques rather than playing. But this isn’t my argument. My argument is no one is concerned about balancing out servers/factions, right away. And you seem to think that layering and server ques is a form of balancing these out, and I don’t agree that they do. We’ve had server ques, for a long time. Doesn’t seem to balance out servers/factions. We had layering, temporarily. Doesn’t seem to balance out servers/factions.

How would the economy be broken if you transfered characters to TBC? They didnt take peoples stuff away when it launched in 2007. I say let us transfer over to TBC with our existing toons, and people that didnt play classic, too bad you can start at lvl 1 while the 60s are in outland, just as it was back then!

4 Likes

If I have to restart to play TBC, I will just continue with classic. No point in starting fresh except for people that missed the classic bandwagon cause they suck.

Nah, you’re right. That’s two different discussions. I was implying that layering helps stability.

Increased layers does lower queues though. It allows the overall server cap to be increased.

The server population talk was related to the difference between starting fresh compared to transferring over.

Uh… it says “1 time COPY.” Just copy ALL characters on your account at the time to TBC, ONCE. Then you can never do it again.

Problem solved. No duping.

That’s what I thought was happening.

Eh, I don’t necessarily agree with that wholeheartedly. Better than before, yes. Completely? Not really.

Right, I assumed OP was talking about balancing Server numbers/faction balance which is the last thing on everybody’s minds, during launch.

While true, from my perspective that is likely to result in a lot of unnecessary problems down the line. I don’t feel that is a good argument for not trying to prevent those problems from happening.