Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

That doesn’t prevent other people from giving you gold and items just before you copy over. Maybe if the entire server data was copied at TBC launch it would work.

I think it is. I don’t think a fresh BC server with no character copies is going to balance servers/factions. We’re too busy playing BC content. Once things die out, that’s when people get all concerned about these things and are so different in where they want to go for that “balanced” fix. That only one or two servers are actually balanced, while many others are not.

It slows it down considerably. Also those who jumped ship to fresh servers at the start of classic, wouldn’t be able to do so again with a one time character copy.

I disagree with that. If it’s a method that works, then all Servers would be balanced, but they’re not.

I thought the point of the OP’s proposal is there wouldn’t be any character copies. Even with character copies, it doesn’t balance out servers/factions.

The alternative is the character copy system from the survey. It’s a one use system.

Still don’t think it’ll balance out servers because people are so different in where they’d like to begin their “let me balance out a server” crusade. With Incenduis, I’ll never go there because it’s a pvp server.

I’ve allowed myself to confuse you, sorry. I’m not talking about a Horde/Alliance balance, rather players having more control of how large their realm is and how populated Outlands will be.

I think the best option (in my mind) is to keep our level 60s on our classic servers, but allow ONE transfer to TBC. You can’t bring all your alts, just your main. And maybe have a 250g limit so people are bulk bringing like 15k over

And they can make new TBC servers named like “Sunstrider” or “Warglaive of Azzinoth” or some crap lol

I’m not confused, at all. I’ve been talking about Server/Faction balance, this whole time. It was you who thought I was talking about something else.

In regards to how crowded/pact Outlands is going to be, that’s just the nature of how launches operate. It’s “new” territory. A lot of people want “in” on the “new” content, right away. I know Blizz is going to do Layers, again because they understand your concern.

I don’t like it because it doesn’t accurately reflect the reality of the server. I get it, people are more concerned about playing the content rather than the reality of what their server is which still doesn’t take away from my point. I already knew people aren’t really concerned about the reality of their server, right away. They’re more concerned about playing the content, first.

Sure, that’s what I meant.

It all depends if we are transferring to a fixed realm from our own or if we’re allowed to choose a new one. If it’s the latter, that’s where my concern lies.

It just occurred to me that it could be the former, which makes my concerns redundant.

Again, sorry for being confused. I’m feverish.

1 Like

I think a one-time level 58 boost (With professions) would be nice. But otherwise yes, every character starts at level 1.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a better idea, probably. Don’t give people the option to copy. Just snapshot the database, copy to TBC, and go from there.

1 Like

Either way, I will be doing Horde in TBC, if I stick around for it.

Seal of Blood > Seal of Vengeance

None of this makes any sense. If we want to recreate the experience, we should continue on from the servers we’re on.

If you:

• Want a fresh leveling experience? Re-roll
  • Don’t like your main? Re-roll
  • Don’t like the faction balance on your server? Re-roll or transfer
  • Want to start a new race? Re-roll
  • Want to be part of a leveling group? You slowing down for them is at least as important as them speeding up for you. Being part of a group is all about team work
  • Think you’re a great player because you leveled fast? You’re not. You just had more free time on your hands
6 Likes

But you’d have to play a Blood Elf… :frowning:

If it’s fresh there’s no reason to bother. I leveled once in classic and it was a pain. Not doing it again and wasting time that could be spent in Outland leveling fresh.

The major concern is going to be the tons of people in HFP. Even with layering the starting zones first week we’re God awful and as miserable an experience as I’ve ever had in any game ever.

I hoped for 58 to get the guild to reroll Horde but there’s too much of a split with some of us wanting to go and some of us wanting to stay Alliance so we wouldn’t break-up the guild. As much as I prefer Horde I don’t prefer it so much I’d risk ruining my guild over it.

1 Like

I think fresh is the way to go too.

I just believe it will be easier for everyone in the long run and it’s also what I’d prefer.

3 Likes

The moment blizzard comes out and says tbc will be fresh lvl 1 starts ONLY, mass amounts of people will unsub from classic and simply wait for tbc. A lot of people play classic for tbc. And wrath.
ONLY fresh lvl 1 starts just simply wont happen lol. Fresh servers and transfer servers are the most obvious.

For once, I actually agree with you. Shocking, I know.

I am quite confident that you’re completely wrong. Also most of the points Op made were completely inaccurate too.

Faction balance? Horde is much better in tbc it will be 99-1. Every server will look like Skeram.

6 Likes