Why elitism doesnt work in 2019

Well. Indirectly implying a person who is “elitist” in a video game doesn’t amount to anything IRL…is pretty…condescending.

If that’s how you feel, you do you.

Don’t think I’ve seen any condescension. Maybe you meant insulting? Though I haven’t really seen any of that in the thread either.

Loads of know your place and improve yourself, stuff. We’re a stratified community based on levels of dedication. People with no dedication flounder at the bottom and those who put forth some effort don’t want them around. Pretty normal behavior if you ask me.

What else was the point in mentioning an article with no source? One that clearly disparages a specific group of people?

or you get angry and prove them wrong and prove you are infact not trash.

Exactly its 2019 the resources are there to be good and to make your own group. I did it back in the day and you can to, Hang in the outcompete, dominate, and destroy everything that stands in your way.

Channel that anger and crush the elitists and remember
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Don’t do content that requires skill, gear or knowledge and you won’t run into ‘elitism’ which is just a word that people use whenever they aren’t included in literally anything they want to do. It’s almost like insulting people and calling them elitist just for wanting to play a game with people who are also ready to play at the same difficulty level isn’t going to get you any invites and your virtue signalling also makes you look bad.

I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. I’ve seen people call people scrubs and claim they did it to motivate them, not to insult them.

Does sucking at the game mean you have a really good life or does it mean you just suck at one more thing than you used to? Asking you specifically.

3 Likes

To be fair, lots of the time bad players not willing to put the time in to learn their class ruin it for the bunch.

1 Like

Looks like I hurt someone’s feelings. Sorry. The truth hurts.

I think a lot of people confuse being ‘elitist’ with people who just want a run to go as smoothly as possible.

1 Like

that doesn’t even make sense lol people play games to have fun and if for them the need to be good at the game is one of the deciding factors of “fun” then so be it. having a good life or a bad one is irrelevant and only comes down to the individuals choices. sure someone could make the choice to put a video game as a priority but that’s them, not everyone

Having fun is all good. The sad and pathetic part is when someone has an over inflated ego because they complete mythic content. Those guys remind me of incels.

everyone has an ego “over inflated” is just a term to specify a jerk. and jerks are everywhere, just look both you and varb trying to get a rise out of each other ;d

I think your dodging the question actually answers it quite well. :wink:

I don’t tend to find these players that much. I have found some every once in a while but it feels rare for me. Possibly because I don’t find myself in arguments with them or maybe I just have the luck of the draw and don’t group with them? I know players have less to say when the group is good because everyone is focusing on the dungeon. There are a million and one things to do every week I can see why a player might get upset with someone slowing a group down or simply ruining it. Because there is always something to be done. Time is gear in this game.

Problem is what people consider having an ego nowadays.

“Wow he didn’t invite me to his Mythic+ 10 group because my IO score is 100? What an elitist. Must feel good to have an ego that big”

When all that people want are smooth runs in higher keys. Or competent people that parse well to join their Mythic teams. Elitism exists for sure, but what also exists are those who are entitled.

6 Likes

This post comes across as elitist

Varb, calm down. You’re feelings have been hurt, but it’s not me you should be mad at.

To be fair you didn’t answer the question. Just went with the 2004 troll of “lolumad”