Why elitism doesnt work in 2019

A team choosing not to allow a person in the group, is by definition, a “team effort”. If it is better for the team for you to NOT go, then you are applying a team effort to take one for said team.

I am not sure if anything you stated here has any actual bearing in reality.

It actually seems to work pretty well, in 2019, for them to be elitist.

That is the whole reason Raider I.O exists.

I’m a quiet and kindhearted elitist - yeah, they exist. I’ve been rather successful since BFA launched; so far so good in 2019.

1 Like

Wow hasn’t gotten less toxic after adding mythics . One could argue that. Also you don’t see the devs trying to fix toxicity either. So one can view it as they don’t care.
On the part of Raider I.O. one just needs to jail break it in order to bypass any drama in order to get into groups. Easy fix there.

Sucking at recreational activities is not virtuous, nor does it make one any cooler.

2 Likes

Elitism doesn’t work in 2019 because we are all adults now and casual because we have jobs/families.

Just sayin’.

Edit: I’ll wait till retirement to become elite lol.

Dear lord do not run LFR. Boy cam back after a year/so of rest. Wow it has got bad. Poor raider jsut trying to skirt by. the things they called him before kicking. Bg wow do not even step foot in game. Sorry that add is just tip of the toxicity in game.

“I am a victim and now I hold the societal trump card.”

• OP

pretty sure they added mythic to shorten the gap between skill levels

casual plays normal, less casual plays heroic, hardcore plays mythic
lfr is an inbetween

This. As a hypothetical potential employer if I can see you don’t take your hobbies seriously, how would you handle something you aren’t doing for fun?

But what if I AM better than you? o.oa

A lot of it has to do with the attitude none elitist tend to take. If a person just wants to play casually, by all means! But, what you get is a players always screaming NURF this or BUFF that, and feeling insulted when told to learn to play.

Being told L2P SHOULDN’T be an insult! It’s what everyone does to get better.

If you want to play in lesser grade, by all means. But, if you want something in depth, then strive for it, and stop complaining.

This game has gotten easier and easier, yet, some players want to see it become more that way.

OP, I am going to be blunt. Your attitude is pretty off putting. It is no ones job to push other peoples scores for them. If the elite stereotype you are mentioning here is not wanting to run with you it is not their responsibility to do so just to make someone feel better. It is their monthly sub that pays for the game and if they want to limit who they run with by putting criteria around it so be it. They will find others that share their like minds just like you can and that is how life works, not just games. Find a way to make your own path, don’t count on others to do it for you or include you just because. Best advice I can give you.

If anything I think elitism/elitist is term that many players use without knowing what it actually means.

2 Likes

I can see how that would make sense, I really can. It was just a good read.

I agree but on the flip side, condescending people in a video game doesn’t either.

Specifically, what “toxicity” do you want the devs to fix?

Got em, got em good.

But isn’t it a bit condescending to say “i read an article that says if you are an elitist in a video game, then you dont amount to much irl”.

Especially because I feel certain there is no way an article like that has any sources to back that up.

1 Like

No, I didn’t write it. It was just interesting is all. Besides, I don’t condescend people in video games. I have more class than that.