Why elitism doesnt work in 2019

This. 100% true.

2 Likes

True but this game was meant to be a team game where people work together to complete goals not the single person game it has become.

What happened to the team building part of this game ? when did this become a MMO with a Gaming Console concept of every person for themselves type of game.

Think about it this way: there is an obstacle course that rewards you with cake. Simply run it and get cake. I run the course, I get cake. I tell you “just run the course.” You tell me no, that I should help you run it instead. When I say “no, I did it, you can too!” You call me an elitist. An elitist would be me punching you in the face as you do the course and saying “the cake is a lie!”

No one here is saying you can’t do it. Everyone IS saying put in the time and effort. Once you get the cake, you’ll just be another person to eat with.

1 Like

When group finder was introduced and we no longer had to scrounge among small pop servers to try and find people of our skill and ability. When we could log on at any time, any day, and be flooded with a wealth of capable individuals such that we didn’t need to entertain the idea of “building someone up” any more. Much more efficient this way.

1 Like

Dammit I was just about to type this out. Personally I thought Group Finder was fine when it was dropped and I still have the mentality that it should have only been used for dungeons. Now we have a queue and menu for everything…

World of Menucraft

1 Like

Don’t expect a capable group of people to just pick you up and help you learn how to play at their level. Find people that are at your level, and learn to perform better than they do. Rinse repeat until you get to a point you’re content with. You have to use each of the rungs on the ladder to get the top.

2 Likes

I think my earlier comments are taken out of context a bit, as several of you seem to be tying them in to certain scenarios that don’t really apply to what I’m saying. My comments are just general comments, stand alone comments on the topic of elitists. But it isn’t that important anyway so never mind.

The only person making you feel like trash is yourself. Instead of expecting other people to make you a better player, why not make yourself a better player.

4 Likes

Join a guild

2 Likes

Uh why didn’t I think of that , Oh yeah already in one and I have no problem doing group content with them when I have time.

My over all point is about how the game has gone from a game based on building on team work to a every man for themself game.

This only happens in trivial content.

3 Likes

I dont see how this game is every man for himself, being in a guild I have never felt like that, we help each other with all sorts of content an always help each other gear etc…

1 Like

This is the absolute truth.

Thread #23 in which Dozer complains about not being good enough to run high keys.

5 Likes

Getting declined from a group for 5 man content does not make that person not a team player or out for themself.

Specifically it makes them a team player because they are looking out for the interests of the other 3 members of the group.

That group will still have 5 people when they run the content. They are still working as a team. You simply didn’t get in for reasons.

I read an article not long ago about how most people who are elitists in video games are people who have not amounted to much outside of a video game and how it’s a compensation. It was a great read and I wish I remembered what I google’d to find it.

To be honest I don’t even bother with above mythic 0 I run those with guildies usually when they are the weekly . Mythic keys I don’t have time for so I don’t bother looking for groups (work between 50-60 hours a week) .

What I see as the problem is , people are now taking what elitist (or so called ) would of considered one of the things that is killing the game (group finder ) and becoming elitist about it ( must have epeen equal to or greater then GL to join)

Sounds like something one says to make themselves feel better about being excluded.

I just don’t get that mentality, I never have. I like to do well, and I like to win, but fairly. I have never needed to make someone else feel miserable to feel good about myself, and I hope I never do feel that need. I like myself, and, I’m generally happy about my life, I want others to do well and be happy too.

1 Like

Only have to blame the devs really. They could have just left instances with normal and heroic. But adding mythic spawned even more toxicity. Noticed how they went out of there way to appease a small minority of elitiests? It’s those elitiest that are poison for the game. The devs don’t want to get rid of the toxicity because some of them are in said guilds . You don’t see the devs trying to fight toxicity much because in reality they don’t care. At least Chaplain is trying to with overwatch. But the devs here turn a blind eye ignoring it. With the new found power of activ, one could hope that more things are pushed for change.

1 Like