Why elitism doesnt work in 2019

Magic the gathering, hacky sack, marching band.

1 Like

I guess I don’t understand the point of your post in context of this thread then.

Under what other circumstances should I be worried about what you can/cant do if you had time or wanted to do it?

Oh no… I know people are very varied… but you’ve unintentionally just proved my point. You’ve created more ways of separating people other than just accepting them as fellow gamers.

1 Like

Elitist and elite don’t mean the same thing and are not mutually exclusive.

There are lots of players that think they are the cat’s butt and nowhere near as good as they claim or their carried achieves are.

3 Likes

I can accept you as a fellow gamer, yet still not invite you to my group/raid to carry you.

1 Like

It’s a hard pill to swallow for some. No one wants to spend their time wiping in a +5 because people aren’t doing mechanics. That’s not fun for anyone. It’s not other people’s responsibility to carry people, people are responsible for their own progression.

2 Likes

Or perchance it is about them wanting to take people who have experience doing the level of content they are trying to do so they don’t waste their time and key?

1 Like

Check his forum activity, that is pretty much all he does. And the odd part is, he actually has a better score than most people. He is almost 800, unlike a certain DH slacker that is under 200 and never complains about “io” because I understand it’s value (even if it bites me in the butt).

2 Likes

I’m just happy doing a weekly +10 tbh, sometimes more if we need to push a key to it. If I had to say one bad thing about raider io is that it doesn’t lend itself to those players, players like me are better off just finding a guild and getting a weekly key in. But even if it’s not compatible with my play style I’m able to understand why its a thing and why its needed.

Elitists are jerk, yes. There will always be jerks. Ignore them.

That being said, this is just a thinly veiled “I don’t like raider io” thread.

2 Likes

I don’t feel any obligation to “accept” anyone for any reason. I’ll make the choice whether or not to do that on my own. I choose to not accept scrubs or bads as people I should, or need, to play with.

4 Likes

I’m in ur thread being elitist because I want to run with competent players and are under no obligation to ruin my fun to hold the hands of people who can’t figure it out themselves.

If I can get a 900+ score, so can you.

6 Likes

That is a great idea!

1 Like

Shhhhhh that requires effort and the only ones who should be using effort is the leet raiders carrying him out of the goodness of their heart or because they have to or something.

Wait… would that be tax deductible charity?:thinking:

1 Like

If a carry is worth a token and token is $20… ask your accountant. Might be worth looking into.

But you might need to register as a 501c3

Setting minimum requirements is not being elitist. The world is not obligated to coddle you. Raiding is a competitive activity, one of a few in the game. There are many Non-competitive activities in the game that do not have any GS requirements…have at them!

But if people decided that they were tired of spending 15 hours in a raid, and found out that if everyone in said raid or mythic met AT LEAST requirement X,Y,Z, then they could consistently cut that time from 15 hours to 6 hours. The empirical data for that comes from sims, and other raiders before them figuring out what gear score is horrible, and what is adequate.

So if they draw a line in the sand and say “You can cross this line if you meet requirement X, Y, Z…”, and you don’t meet those requirements, then instead of complaining, put your time and effort into meeting those requirements if you want to always be included.

Otherwise, get used to playing with every one else at the bottom of the barrel, because no one is forcing you to keep your current gear. And the same goes, no one is forcing you to try to get geared. If you are comfortable missing out on group invites because of your gear, then you can totally play the game that way if you choose.

But the other players aren’t obligated to invite you to play if you aren’t tall enough, can’t jump high enough, can’t throw a ball fast enough, can’t run quick enough…that’s how real life works. You can either meet a requirement, or you don’t.

Because one person said it over the others posting here it all of a sudden makes your position and statement 100% true?

Get over yourself

So this is about Raider io

1 Like

I completely missed that part about “feel like trash” from his first post lol. Someone feeling like trash because they’re being denied for things sounds like a personal problem that they don’t want to deal with personally. Instead of changing themselves, they want to change the entire rest of the world to be accepting of themselves as they are instead. Hilarious…

1 Like

Group leader- I am sorry Johnny but you have no experience running this Mythic 10 or any Mythic 10s so i am going to take this guy that has a better track record so we can push this key. Go get some practice and then apply again at a later time.

johnny- You stupid elitist i hate you!

4 Likes