Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

Old flying will be coming back, Blizzard has said it awhile ago, some of the pro-dragonriding crowd have said that it should not come back (be that removal, or restricting to pre-dragonflight/future zones), and only have dragonriding going forward.

Which is stupid, even if dragonriding was loved by the vast majority (which there are no numbers to verify fully one way or another) the old flying should still be there for those that prefer it or need it (medical/other reasons)

On the same token there are many who dislike dragonriding and have called its removal to be replaced back with the old flying, as well as those that wish to coexist and have both be available (the best option)

The past few releases regular flying was not there at the beginning but came along later. I got the impression they wanted us to experience being on the ground and seeing the countryside before taking to flight.

Sometimes I still go for a horse ride around the WOW country side when it would be so much easier to fly over it just for the fun and to hear the clomping of the horses hooves.

That being said I wouldn’t mind if flying was there at the start.

Oh hey, thank you :pray:

I do this often

2 Likes

We shall see the number of threads complaining about slow flying yeah.

QFT. If dragonriding was just a simple toggle on the mounts, you’d be able to use them outside of Dragon Isles.

Why would anyone who really wants regular flying back due to some reason or another complain about speed then again you are just trolling for bites.

1 Like

Why? Dragonflying will still be here for those who prefer it.

2 Likes

Because they don’t realise how much slower they are.

They don’t have to ride em. Take your dragonriding mount.

1 Like

They don’t care about speed if they have motion sickness or a disability they do not care about speed.

1 Like

I dislike dragon riding to the point I wish it wasn’t a thing. It causes choppy graphics and ruins the immersion. Moreover you zoom by the scenery so fast that there is not enough time to appreciate the artwork. Dragon Isles wasn’t designed for ground navigation so we are stuck with this.

2 Likes

dragon riding helped me to go over your vast sea of text

1 Like

It still is around in older zones. It sucks right now you can’t deal with the motions but games progressively are getting like this. If you can’t handle DR it might be time to figure out a new game, or figure out how to work around it like having a friend fly for you, etc.

I love Dragonriding and have no problem with it, but that doesn’t mean there is any reason that old flying shouldn’t also be available for anyone that want to use it.

It doesn’t hurt those that love Dragonriding to have those who don’t for whatever reason be able to use old flying.

It does, because we shouldn’t allow people to just afk hover, and also it enables more bots to take resources.

Why not?

Is being AFK parked high up on a cliffside that much of an improvement to whatever problem you have with hoverers?

1 Like

Bots have already adapted to dragonriding, but even if that was not the case, that really isn’t a good reason to prevent people from being able to use old flying.

As to AFK Hover, as Rollo said above, what really is different than that from afk parking somewhere? It’s a slight inconvenience at best to find a safe landing spot since dragonriding is so quick to launch and get somewhere safe.

As said I love dragon riding, I will never use old flying other than just for visual diversity if they enable it for old zones (and never if they make it available to all older mounts). However, that doesn’t mean that anyone that doesn’t like it to be blocked from using old flight instead.

I do this never lol

Tbh I kinda love looking at how other people customize their Dragonriding mounts. Collecting all the manuscripts has been one of my main goals since I unlocked the Rostrum.

I love customizing my Dragonriding mounts on all of my different characters to suit them, and coming up with different names and personalities for them too.

I do wish some of my other Dragon mounts could be used as skins sometimes, like the Tangled Dreamweaver or my Uncorrupted Voidwing, but it’s not a huge issue at the end of the day.

Customizing is fun. Appreciating/Judging other people’s customizing is even more fun hahaha

1 Like

I actually spent about 4 hours dragon racing last night. Can’t say old flying ever had me doing that.

Dragon Riding is in it’s first iteration. They’ve already talked about working on making old mounts relevant.

With the customizations and new dragons they add over time it’s only going to get better and better.

It’s here to stay and the best thing they’ve added since M+.