Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

You found one person 5 months ago. Just stating the obvious, you took one post and blew it up into community wide claim. I’ll change my statement for you.

No one is asking to remove dragonflight, except that one troll in November.

All good?

1 Like

I don’t have much of a say since I’m very new to this game (about less than a month) and have been enjoying the forums. However, I come from OSRS which I have played most of my life and can’t really compare it to WoW. So, to me this game should be its own genre of how massive it is. With that said I find the Dragon Riding insanely fun as well. I’m still getting the idea on how to do it efficiently but it’s very fun to me. I don’t have many mounts (probably like 5) excluding the Dragon Isles ones so I can’t really flaunt any awesome mount to anyone lol. Dragon Riding is fun to me coming from a player that is experiencing this for the very first time.

laterally someone just replied in here with another one. jsut go look they are not hard to find lmao. they exist you are wrong, its freaking insane taht you cant admit that little tiny mistake. i never said it was a community wide feeling, i said it existed. so stop trying to move the goal posts and move on.

That’s not really true. I use my dragon to get to the area I want to go but I find my horse works fine moving around most areas in the dragon isles. For the most part it’s pretty flat. Once in a while I’ll need to hop up on something and I’ll do a short dragon jump but between the two I’ve had no probles getting around.

2 Likes

This is the same old thread about dragon gliding vs regular flying the cultist dragon gliders swoop in try and defend their precious gliding while demanding regular flight be removed so sad.

No one want dragon gliding removed ok even those who hate it want it to stay it is you dragon cultists who want regular flight removed maybe way back some troll said something but this is now and we want both.

1 Like

So you, too, found another one-troll wonder thread from launch week where nobody seems to repeat they want the system removed after the OP says it. There are some who want their regular mounts back, but not at the expense of dragonriding. Here’s the whole thread so everyone can see it.

Dragonriding Is A Terrible Idea - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Clearly, you’re laboring under a veritable mountain of constant persecution.

1 Like

welcome to the game, happy to see new people on and enjoying the game

1 Like

I just want to fly my engineering gyrocopter, I don’t care if it’s slower. At least it never runs out of gas when I need to fly upward and does not then force me to sit on the ground like a chump for 2 minutes.

And yes just today I joined a large group to knock out a world quest and easily 80% of us, myself included, were riding the generic blue drake. I don’t think the customizations really stand out, at least not at a cursory glance, which is all it’ll get from me. Heck I don’t think the individual 4 dragons are even that different, if they were the same color, again at a cursory glance, I’d find it difficult to tell at least some of them apart.

I do realize that the way to do things is to jump off the Valdrakken tower and glide to your destination but that is also a limited and weird way of doing things and I’d rather just have oldschool flight.

2 Likes

Your words not mine.

1 Like

Stop being so egocentric thinking you need to show off your mount… likely no cares what mount you’re on and doesnt even look twice at you or in some cases probably dont even process the mount you’re on while looking at you.

1 Like

How can you remove something that’s not there?

regular flight is there what do you fly on when you die.

2 Likes

and where in those words do you see me saying anything about it being the whole community? oh wait thats right no where. but it was a common post even had a healer in my guild almost quit over dragon riding because he hated it so much.

I actually use this from time to time. If I’m fighting a mob, get killed and want to get the layout of the land I’ll do a ghost flight around to check things out before coming back to life.

2 Likes

As has again also been said above, those that like dragonriding have much more commonly called for the removal of old flying than the pro-old flying has called for the removal of dragonriding.

That doesn’t change that both sides have frequently done so, both sides have frequently insulted the other, and as you obviously have no intention of doing anything besides insulting me despite me having been nothing but cordial and multiple posts have been provided of what you claim “does not exist” and more can easily be found by forum search, I’ll leave you to your love for insulting others.

WTF logic is that?

What is the difference between that and any other expansion where we have to wait until .2 patch to fly? At least we fly now.

We would get flying mounts in BfA before we could fly from reps.

TL;DR you don’t remember past expansions, want to complain because you can’t AFK hover, and wrote a long winded diatribe. Cool

welp its been fun everyone but it time for me to finally start my meeting. you all have a good] thurs(smh forgot what day it was) my guys and gals.

I’ve seen players state why they don’t enjoy dragonriding, I’ve seen players state they prefer/want old flying in DF, and I’ve seen one post from November of someone asking to remove dragonriding.

So my question is, what’s your problem? You have dragonriding in game, you enjoy it, you love it, you can flappy bird all day long until your hearts content. Seriously, what is your problem?

1 Like

I just tried again in case I was missing something but regular flying is not there. So why would anyone ask to remove something that’s not in the expansion?

Dragon riding itself is a pleasure.

I am tired of the limited options for dragon riding mounts though.