Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

Not really.

Most pro-old flyers just want old flying turned on, not for dragonriders to lose something in exchange. You are free to continue plunking away at your Skyward Ascent key til your heart’s content if that’s what makes you happy.

5 Likes

your joking right>

1 Like

I was going to ask the same thing, one of the most common pro-old flight commments is to remove dragonriding.

It’s a nice break from the immersion breaking imagination land we were in with flying kittens and mice.

As a cat I should be able to instantly eat mice mounts and the gnome that rode in on them.

Nope, show me.

2 Likes

Since when did those who prefer regular flight demand dragon gliding be removed everytime these topics come up it is the dragon gliders demanding regular flight be removed and they are attacking anyone who prefers regular flying just like what is happening now.

Can’t blame anyone but yourselves and Blizzard for allowing this to go on not once did I attack the dragon gliders yeah I call them cultists because that is how they are acting and I am getting attacked when ever since dragon gliding came about we regular fliers have been attacked first.

7 Likes

I have participated in most flying discussions on this forum since before WoD - when Blizzard went stupid and didn’t want flying, much less dragonriding, at all - and have not seen “common” calls for dragonriding to be removed.

We know old flying is supposed to be coming. We just want it sooner rather than later, and that can occur without anything happening to dragonriding.

6 Likes

And as dragonriding didn’t exist before dragonflight, flight discussions prior to dragonflight are moot to the point of the pro-old flight crowd in dragonflight commonly saying to remove dragonriding in dragonriding threads.

There we can agree, if only the pro-old flight crowd would stop calling for dragonriding removal and calling those that enjoy it insults, same as they say (and some has been) done to them.

I don’t do that anywhere. I don’t care what mounts people are using.

That is not even remotely true. People that like DR just want to be able to do it on any mount with the option for old flying for those that like it. That’s it, one of the most common requests.

As DR is a new feature it’s not a stretch that Blizzard want’s people to give it a go before adding old flying to the dragon isles. So pathfinder as usual I believe. Next expansion is where the hope that both will be there at the start.

So you can keep on with the drama queen talk about it if you want, but there are the simple facts.

1 Like

there were so many posts at the start of dragonflight that you couldnt get away from it. so many woe is me im quitting wow unless they remove it posts lmao

Show me where anyone who prefers regular flight wanting dragon gliding removed it is the other way I have been a part of many of these threads and all I see is the dragon gliders demanding regular flight be removed as for the insults the dragon gliders struck first they started it by calling us bots and lazy saying we need to git gud and it is a skill issue.

Might want to go back through the many threads on this topic and see who is doing what.

1 Like

Convenient removal of my comment that specifically said some has been on the insult from, as I already said there has been some on that side. I have read plenty of them, and there have been plenty of insults on both sides, and both sides calling for the removal of the other.

That’s now the way history works, nor is that the way customer relationships work.

But since it seems you like to flat-out lie about what actually takes place, I guess that works for you.

You’re in a thread on the topic with 100+ responses and NOBODY has asked for dragonriding’s removal.

You can stop nailing yourself up on that cross.

2 Likes

This thread no, does not change the other threads and cases, so no the facts remain and are easily searched for with the forum search feature.

And yes it is how history works that a feature that is unique to the latest expansion not existing prior to that expansion, cannot have comments asking to remove it in prior expansions, so good try on twisting words.

Also as I have also already said I agree old flight should be available now for those that want it, I love the personal attacks with the word twisting.

My mistake for cutting that part out I am sorry and will agree both sides are doing this removal thing but the dragon gliders are demanding more and more to remove regular flight as for the regular fliers wanting dragon gliding gone those are trolls stirring the pot many on the regular flight side know and want both to coexist.

1 Like

Ion has said in the past that if people like Dragonriding that they can both open it up to the rest of the games maps, but also open it for other mounts in our collection.

Now, he didn’t really go into much detail other than “it’s basically just flipping a switch”

So we don’t know if this means just dragons, or just winged mounts, or all flying mounts. Don’t know.

I would assume that they would have to make new animations for the old mounts since dragonriding has different animations. But if he sais it can be done, I believe him.

True, it is true those that like dragonriding that are much more commonly calling for the removal of the old flying, and it is much more common that the pro-old flying just want it back and are not calling for the removal of dragonriding.

Still believe that both can coexist with the the insults and name calling though.

1 Like

Then the proof of your martyrdom should be easy for you to supply.

I don’t think you understood my words, particularly considering you were the one trying to toss them out without providing any actual proof of what you said happened. I simply pointed out that for being a “most common” issue, what you’re whining about wasn’t happening in this thread.

You said past experiences were moot, so I provided evidence of RIGHT NOW and it didn’t match your claims, either.

2 Likes

Dragonriding is tedious. Anyone who is complaining about 4 base skeletons, must be blind to the plethora of reskinned/recolored flying mounts already. If we distilled how many unique skeletons (cause remember the cloud serpents, worms, and ardenweald wilding mounts are the same) exist out of those, I would be surprised if we got more than like 12ish skeletons.

2 Likes