Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

Well, I’ve pretty much stopped spending time in flappy isles so I spend most of my time in older zones. Where I am running into way more people than I would normally expect to see.

:cookie:

9 Likes

It had the opposite effect on me. I barely played the last 2 expansions but now I spend all of my free time on wow.
I love dragon riding around even if it is just for gathering.
But I want to use my other flying mounts. I’m tired of the 4 same drakes.

1 Like

I honestly wish they hadn’t added in dismounting people…. At least not from another mount. So often feeels unfair

Regarding the number of mounts, how is being able to customize it with thousands of different combinations any different than having thousands of similar models?

Other than needing to go to a certain place to swap them, I don’t see the difference.

lmao people would still use dragon flying over normal flying since its so much faster

1 Like

Wheres your proof guild I am in its 2 to one that do not like DR

Do not forget there still selling flying mounts on top of giving flying mounts as rewords in game

2 Likes

First of all, holy wall of text, secondly I think this whole post is ridiculous but you do you boo.

Blizzard confirming that Dragonriding is continuing and will be there after Dragonflight, and that ‘everyone’ would be sad if it did not:

Also every dragonriding drake has been a two seater since day 1 with a simple toggle on/off talk to an NPC as far as the ‘regular mounts being multiple people mounts’

I enjoy dragonriding but I really wish they would enable regular flight for those who do not. Especially for those poor souls with motion sickness!

3 Likes

it’s pretty interesting, if you don’t terminally hang out on the forums you’d think that everyone loves dragonriding.

all my guildmates and buds who play this game love it.

People talked in trade about how they like it at the beginning of the xpac, it’s pretty funny to see

It is true, the forums is the place the vocal community that hates various aspects of the game hangs out. So here you will found numerous posts complaining about dragonriding, while the majority just enjoy it in game

1 Like

yea, definitely is like yelp

way more negative posts than positive ones

if u dont have a complaint why post on the forums ya know?

If you want to feel pretty, just do Trial of Style.

You can even earn Tendies for it right now.

People would? Then why do I see quite a few people rolling around on regular mounts in df amazing people can’t just accept the fact some people really don’t want it always and the only option? I don’t like it do I want it removed no cause then the forums will just fill up with dragonflying crying.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand the problem… Maybe it’s cuz I played the Batman Arkham Games a lot and dragonriding is almost the same. I can loop around the island with only 3 of the little charges.
Nevertheless, I do have to say, if it’s gonna keep up like this, just make all are mounts able to dragonride. It kills me having to change the mount on my mount keybind everytime I’m not in the dragonisles or in a dungeon (barring Nokhud Offensive of course). While I’m proud of my Highland Drake, they keep giving us new “Ordinary” mounts, not “Dragonriding” Ones through the store and all that which really makes no sense!
For once we have an incredibly fast way to travel, faster perhaps than portals sometimes, but, no!

I can see people having that view. It’s not one I share. I get on a dragon mount, it’s fun it’s fast and gets me from A to B. Mission accomplished.

I’m fine with dragon riding and I haven’t become bored of the mechanic itself, but I have become a little bored of the dragons. There are so many mounts I want to use and I can’t, and I find it a little odd they continue to push out these mounts that are pretty much worthless in this expac, but that’s whatever.

1 Like

Seems like it should be easy to at least be able to skin all the old dragon mounts over the highland drake, and all the old Protos to the DR version.

I have no dog in this fight,but you said he was in the minority which means you’d be in the majority?Do you have the stats to back that up?

I saw a post on reddit a while back showing some older dragon models with dragonflying animations