Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

Wow that was uncalled for.

1 Like

Thanks for telling that there are such mounts. I was not looking for them becoz of dragonriding. I can herb with my dragon mount.

But I want to get such mounts that I could use on some M+ even if it’s not being used that much. I sometimes use my Grrrloc Mount just for fun.

There’s so much customisation so it’s hardly just ‘4 mounts’. I constantly see people with customisation that I really want and am trying to farm.
Theres also flight paths and the teleporters still so it’s not like those are the only ways of getting around. Flying mounts still work on the ground if you wanna show em off, I often see people still riding em.
There’s always the old world which I assume people still go to plenty, specially with the new trading post n all.
Running out of vigour is pretty much a non issue when you max out.
Pretty much every expansion makes it so you don’t fly immediately, especially recent ones, but this time we get new cool very fast, very personal custom dragon mounts are people are mad??? We’ll get regular flying eventually

3 Likes

blizz don’t want to actually release the date of when their releasing regular flying there scared obviously. and actually telling someone to use a ground mount or flight paths is just ridiculous cause they still take a dumb amount of time. i already got my glyphs majority and actually ground mounted all the way thru on my first toon in df basically pathfinder so whats the good reason i shouldn’t have regular flying by now but just another failure of blizz

maybe some people don’t want to ride a dragon the entire expansion

2 Likes

The big question here for me is “Is dragon riding just more borrowed power?” because I like to go almost 1000% speed myself.

Well then they can ride a different mount, on the ground. It won’t even be the entire expansion.
Again, no expansion starts with flying, we’ve been spoiled this expansion with super fast flying, teleportation and flight paths still being around. I’m glad there’s some challenge to it, god know’s WoW’s needed something more fun and dynamic for ages.

2 Likes

If I were a mount collector I’d be kinda pissed that I couldn’t hover above Valdrakken and shake my tail feathers though

1 Like

Okay? Not sure what your point is. This is a forum for suggestions and feedback since they removed the suggestions forums. People are welcome to post that. I don’t think anyone here is confused about what the current game is.

3 Likes

I just wish the drakes shipped with more base customization. Maybe 2-3 options unlocked for customization, then cooler/flashier/what-have-you unlocks like are currently implemented. I like DR (though I hope for regular flying for those who want/require it) but the customization is sorely lacking.

1 Like

People will complain about everything. Just deal with it. It’s not that bad.

1 Like

My hope is that they eventually extend dragon riding to our full mount collection and all future zone building is dragon flying only. AFK flying is fine to be left in legacy zones.

But that’s just like my opinion, man.

1 Like

Ive kind of grown attatched to my dragon flying mounts. I love my horrendous velocidrake with its hidous curved vulture snout.

If they do anything, I’d like them to make these dragon riding mounts capable of normal flight in older zones. Not sure why that’s not an option.

2 Likes

Guess it’s a good thing that dragonriding is more liked than not. Life feels so much better when you (figurative) let all the negative crap go.

2 Likes

It’s a mindset.

Honestly, how does 200+ mounts get you anywhere you need to be faster? They are all the same at the base, they just look slightly different. 310% flight speed is 310% flight speed.

1 Like

I am all dragoned out.

7 Likes

I will never understand the complaint about only being able to use the drakes for dragon riding. Hell I went thru all of BFA and SL using the same 3 mounts.

2 Likes

Welcome to WoW, the most petty of problems means the blizzard doesn’t care and the game is dead and the players are going to “quit”.

2 Likes

When all you have is a hammer everything starts to look like a nail. Which is to say there isn’t really any other option, so engagement with the system is high by default; You can’t use ground mounts to complete the main story, let alone the side quests, it’s literally impossible because of the training ‘montage’ at the start of the story & no way in to Thaldrazus on foot.

The new abilities they are adding are the QOL things that folks have asked for in one form or another (I’m out of pips and can’t fly → stay near the ground at slow fly speeds; I need to be able to stop when I want to stop → there’s a button for that).

Agreed, but from the perspective of someone in the physical pain camp I would much prefer they just pull off the bandage and turn on normal flying mounts.

5 Likes

I could really feel the sadness in the OPs heart while reading his tale of woe. :sleepy:

1 Like