Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

I think they suggested it would happen before the end of the expansion, like, sometime during the last patch. It didn’t sound to me like a firm commitment. And they also didn’t rule out a pathfinder style achievement.

1 Like

skill issue

3 Likes

Players with disabilities or other impairments or difficulties definitely don’t have those mad skilz you think they should have to be permitted to play a videogame, right?

12 Likes

Make Soar great again! Let it be an optional flight form for for Dracthyr.

3 Likes

Maybe i’m crazy but I set my hearthstone at the tea shrine outside of Vladrakken to use my mechanocat running to the city.

4 Likes

Honestly the customized standard dragonriding drakes look so much better and unique than rasz or glad mount. Glad mounts pretty cool, pretty rare, granted… but neither of them are customizable afaik. Every rasz drake looks exactly the same.

You know what looks amazing? The green variant of the Cliffside Wylderdrake (The wyvern/windrider). The blue version of the windborne velocidrake with gold armour.

But sure, boo, can’t use old mounts for dragonriding.

2 Likes

I just wish they’d let Heart of the Aspects be a Dragonriding mount.

2 Likes

speak for yourself. I like the dragon riding MECHANICS but being hardlocked to 4 mounts (realistically 1 once you find your favorite) does kinda make any new mounts I get feel borderline useless.

oh cool, a new raid mount for 10.1? Can I dragonride on it? No? Why bother

7 Likes

I didn’t like it at first with limited talents but now I love it. It’s so fast and makes travel more interactive. It gets much better once you unlock all the talents.

If you go to the top of the tower in Valdrakken, you can get to ANY spot in the dragon isles in under a minute. So much faster than flight paths.

8 Likes

players with impairments or difficulties are reasonable to be upset with dragonriding.

its a skill issue if you just want to complain for no reason

5 Likes

Good to see that your ESP is all that should matter in judging other players, because you can always imagine a reason to find them unworthy.

2 Likes

The fast flying we have now is already too fast for my old hands to maneuver well. Dragonriding is okay since I control how fast it can go. If the only option were to move at top dragonriding speed always, I would just walk.

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong - but how many people are actually messing with this? Don’t you have to go to a specialized spot in the waking shores to change the appearance?

It’s been largely set it and forget it for me. I’ve even acquired a bunch of the appearances, but never really feel like flying over there when I remember to go change the appearance. “I’ll do it later” - then just forget.

1 Like

8 mounts for a brand new system, versus the other mounts that have taken what, 17 years to amass?

They have the drake transmog spots in every zone.

2 Likes

There’s one right in the main city hub.

And every quest hub/major rep location if I recall.

8… nice umm… laziness there

I mean, to be fair dragon riding was obviously experimental, and depending on the response they’d have scrapped it, or continued with it, seeing as people are enjoying it for the most part, they’re adding in more, and more mechanics/abilities with it.

Plus factor in that each mount has it’s own rigging, patterns, customization options etc, it’s unrealistic to expect 50,100 etc immediately unless you just want low effort low quality mounts to complain about.

I’m no fanboy, but they’re making obvious moves in terms of dipping their toes in the water with new mechanics, gauging the in-game community’s reaction (Most players don’t come to the forums to cry about things or at all)

They’re expanding the number of drakes, the mechanics, and talents in the first major patch,

If there was no flying at all you’d all be in an uproar and you know it, this is obviously an experimental feature they’re adjusting and expanding on in an attempt to try and make it better with each patch, changing based on how it’s received.

1 Like

I think the Dragonriding feature is going to end up being like Shadowlands Covenants. Because it is a new feature - obviously it must be mandatory for everyone to only be able to use this feature to get around.

Eventually (My guess is not before 10.1.5) it will reach a point where the Devs feel enough people are using the system they put into the game to justify the cost of development that they will enable regular flying mounts within the Dragon Isles. At least that’s my hope.

1 Like