Why does retail feel really dead, even on a top server?

Area 52 horde, one of the largest servers in the entire world… Feels completely dead in most zones, Valdrakken is a ghost town, hardly anyone doing the events anymore… What happened?

It’s the end of the xpac?

Duh?

6 Likes

Swap realms! Level up a character somewhere bustling! I’m on Wyrmrest and Malygos and there’s always folks!!!

Sometimes you grow up in a ghost town - doesn’t mean that the world’s empty though :3

Ok, and? that means everyone unsubbed, or something?

1 Like

not unsubbed but might be on the remix beta or taking a break

2 Likes

It’s definitely not like that on Hyjal.

I mean I only sub like 3 months outta the year. Times are tough money-wise unfortunately and food costs more than WoW. I’m sure folks are taking a break now that Amirdrassil’s on farm :3

It’s summer and it’s between xpacs. Maybe they unsubbed and maybe not. We are spread out. It’s a good time to go try Classic, level alts, do Remix, Beta, etc, etc, etc.

1 Like

On Tich over the weekend I was able to do several grand hunts and other things - and constantly ran into players.

On MoP Remix on Moon Guard it was also busy.

Did take a little bit longer than expect to fill a Mythic SoO group, but it did fill up eventually.

1 Like

It’s a combination of:

1. End of expansion
  2. Fated season being less serious
  3. Pandaria Remix
  4. Cataclysm Classic
  5. Season of Discovery
  6. Diablo 4 new season fixing a bunch of stuff
  7. Summer just getting going.

Not listed in any particular order.

4 Likes
  1. It’s 8am on a Monday, most people are at work / school or heading to work /school by now
  2. It’s the end of an expac and late in the season, most people have met their goals and are waiting for TWW by now
  3. Sharding and phasing are things

Play on Moon Guard. Despite the memes it’s unironically a good server that is very alive.

3 Likes

-MoP Remix
-End of expansion lull
-Season of Discovery
-Cataclysm Classic

And loads of other games are getting updates and summer patches.

I’m on Bleeding Hollow and it’s populated.

I personally might let my WoW sub lapse for a bit, and come back around pre-patch for TWW.

I’m not really playing WoW rn so paying for it is a waste.

Sargeras usually popping.

But yeah time of day is one thing.

people on TWW beta, panda remix, cata classic, doing stuff irl, other games?

1 Like

I think area52 is kinda dying out. Stormrage has a lot more people than area52 for example right now, so its not just a time of day thing.

BUT, there is also sharding. Wyrmrest should have less people than area52 and it feels really crowded, because RP servers are sharded different

and end of expansion like people said, so generally less people.

But even a month or two ago, area52 wasn’t really popping very much compared to wyrmrest and stormrage

Not everyone pays Blizzard a subscription fee just to spam inane complaint threads on the forums.

Didn’t you unsub like a month ago?

4 Likes

Remix, end of the Season, Beta for some, and/or cleaning out back log of other games due to the other three.

I’m calling shenanigans, considering the four servers I’m on, including my low pop one, constantly see people around— and not CRZ.

Also: Remix is more interesting than rehashed season no one cares about. Plus beta.

Also also: I thought you quit?

2 Likes

Two months till xpac. We’ve done everything. We’re playing other games.