Why does everyone play hunter?

I mean you do have pets that you send to kill things for you

2 Likes

1 Like

Hunter is the easiest gathering spec and typically if I do a new server, I send hunter first, but priest has been main on the newer server lately to level tailoring, but yah , everything drops for hunter and you put goodies in guild bank for characters that follow.

Allow me to demonstrate… summons a literal LEGION of Hellhounds

It’s not specifically hunter so much as BM hunter. The safety of being ranged with the ease of melee instant casts make it a fun and low stress spec to play. It’s also one of the biggest fantasy archetypes. Who doesn’t have a BM hunter alt?

1 Like

Its just fun tbh. Easy class. I feel like maybe i could have one more thing to do in ST but overall ive been enjoying it more than the other ranged ive tried this xpac (boomie, fire mage, demo lock)

I use to play hunter, I loved it when you could bring any pet you wanted and pick the spec.

Whoever the hunter dev is grounded the birds and you can’t bring whatever pet you want. The hunter fantasy and immersion is trashed up.

1 Like

Well, from my experience in PVE i find frost mage, fire mage, elemental shaman, destro and demonology easier specs to pull dps than MM hunter and survival hunter…

I recently leveled a marksman hunter and mostly ignored the pet component of the class. It was nowhere near as simple or effective as beast mastery, especially since I didn’t have a high scaling heirloom bow or gun. BM has a very simple damage rotation and keeps damage off of the hunter through pet taunts and doesn’t rely quite as much on bow damage.

Back in the day, someone made a video explaining why and how people choose a hunter as their class.

Meet the Hunter

2 Likes

Because they are significantly and disproportionately easy to play and valuable to bring. I guarantee someone important in class development plays one.

For me, I don’t main a hunter because I just love the appeal of other classes more. But, the damage output goes brrrrr and it is very satisfying for alts in my opinion.

I love marksmanship the most aesthetically but survival and BM are just so easy to top the charts with in leveling dungeons and casual content. In remix, I have a survival hunter and I hit 3 buttons and double everyone else in random dungeons. It’s hilariously easy and a fun change of pace sometimes. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Lots of reasons to play hunter, one is the Calvin and Hobbs vibe – you have a companion that you like, and we used to feed them to keep them happy. While you may cringe when you see a hunter, know that these are happy-go-lucky guys out for a cheerful adventure.

1 Like

I totally agree. One of my all-time favorite things to do is to stand on a road in a zone and look way off at some mob, I click “attack” and watch my buddy race off into the distance and then I click “follow” and my pet races back and then that mob dies at my feet, and I skin him. All with a cup of coffee in one hand.

AND, that pet can loot like nobody’s business.

Because it’s the most chill class and let’s us own pets.,

2 Likes

Hunters - pretty simple - I’ve been on this game for 14 years now and from day one its always been the same - Hunters are and always have been the most over powered toon in the game and the easiest one to play - that’s why there are so many of them !

Hmm. Doesn’t make much sense to talk about button bloat. The amount of buttons hunters and paladins get are pretty close to other classes with loads of buttons. Not to mention, the massive load of utility junk hunters got.

I’d say it’s the fluidity of these specs. The way ret isn’t full melee and how hunters got way more mobility than caster classes. It makes gameplay comfy.

2 Likes

It makes sense. Ret uses 13 less buttons than brewmaster, you can check top logs in raid and dungeon.

Pretty much sums it up. That and having my own tank in the open world.

1 Like

My guess would be to give a variety of playstyles for people. Some people like simple classes, while others like more complex ones.