Why does blizzard not respond to appeals?

They can verify a “Trade” all they want. It’s where the gold that they are trading comes from.

6 Likes

If you do not want to get suspended or banned then stay away from these kinds of trades. Gold sellers are using these to laundry gold and if you do you will end up loosing. Your account and gold.

2 Likes

Would you assume that sod gold on their part was bought? No, you wouldn’t.

People boost like crazy, I know tons of people in sod with way more gold than I had or traded towards. These were not that large of amounts.

This was realistically clean gold.

No response to my last reply? I think a lot of people that work at Blizzard and maybe you won’t admit it but you have to have an inkling that this is unfair to your player base. People spam all day in trade chat that they’re trading retail/wrath/era gold for SoD gold. Bans like this take place and all thats left is the players like myself and Sophi who don’t understand that we’ve done wrong. It is absolutely asinine that there is no warning system for these cases and Blizzard came to the conclusion that two week suspensions from the beginning are the answer. I guarantee neither of us would be repeat offenders but weren’t even given that opportunity to begin with.

To follow up, if you’re going to suspend legitimate players why are these posts allowed to even be made in trade? Why are these not monitored and those players suspended? Because the trade itself does not violate the terms. This system is flawed and wrong. No other way to express that to you.

2 Likes

Do you want people to request trades from Retail to SoD or Classic-WotLK to SoD on an official forum somewhere? Or in game? Are we to expect this sort of request is going to be allowed? I know it is an unsupported trade but I also find it hard to believe Blizz would be totally okay with someone making a new thread somewhere and doing gold trades.

3 Likes

And now I won’t. There is no literature on this till this week when a large swath of players got hit instead of a blue post stating dont do this.

Problem is you did nothing wrong. But understand blizzard is taking a hard line on the gold sellers and those who receive the stolen gold in this way.

all you did was receive stolen gold not knowing but they are taking a zero tolerance to try to help kill or at least reduce the market.

You could suggest a legal and supported way of doing this! Seen things added I never could have imagined.

A two week suspension for not doing anything wrong is pretty steep. There needs to be a warning system in place or literature written stating what the consequences of this will be.

And I do understand your point.

Mine is I ask for them to do a better job at communicating in the future.

The whole thing was a failure of communication and expectations, combined with stock answers on the appeal system that any communications major will tell you is a great way to burn a million bridges for no reason.

Considering people are running multiple accounts to summon people to various spots for massive gold I don’t think much of it. Perhaps the person was trading gold from retail to get gold on SoD to flip that gold in better ratio trades.

Hiding in a discord server? I mean there is a trading discord that has been that have years of trades and a track record with a reputation/rating system. Also if I’m trying to trade for SoD gold do I post in SoD forums and say I’m trading gold from retail to SoD. Wouldn’t this just be shut down?

Red flags are out there sure but suddenly SoD is the ‘sacred cow’ and must be protected at all costs despite unsupported trades being a thing since WoD if not earlier.

I remember trading WoW pets and gold for TCG toys and other things. I even got blue responses back then to confirm it was allowed but unsupported.

Now I won’t do any trade again whatsoever because I’m supposed to know the complete history of the person I’m trading with as if I watched them 24/7 to make sure all gold they earned was always legit because of the risk. You can’t know when someone decides to turn into a bad actor and screw people over, so it’s not worth it. Ought to be a transaction that is just fully banned from Blizz.

With appeals they have always been not very forth coming with information. They do not want to give away what they found and how. Just understand any kind of trades from other players should be suspect.

2 Likes

Yeah because like I said, SoD is the new sacred cow of Blizz and must be protected, which just makes me laugh.

Couldn’t of said it better myself. It is outrageous that they don’t see any issue with how they’re handling this.

1 Like

Folks, for all of you going ham on Orlyia - she doesn’t have a part in investigations or appeals or what policies are set. She’s an SFA. The people who make these decisions are the Devs and The Powers That Be, and they do not come here. You’re going after the wrong person here.

8 Likes

I don’t think anyone here is going after Orlyia - She’s been fantastic and the communications he has provided has been great. We’re voicing our frustrations on the customer service forum. She is able to get this feedback across to their team better than any of us can.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is ‘going after’ the blue poster, but we’re having a discussion about it and trying to get some clarity. They have more information than random posters on the forums if anything.

Exactly this.

I think it is just frustrating that in my case I’ve done unsupported trades since WotLK without issue, first time I decided to do a gold trade for SoD and I got dinged. I’ll sit out my two weeks as there is little to be done about it considering the cookie cutter responses and long wait times due to a lack of customer service reps on Blizz side now.

First time I got infracted for anything since Vanilla, so it just sucks that I’ve had a sterling record for 19~ years and now get treated as if I somehow participated knowingly in RMT or GDKP or whatever else the email blindly accused people of.

Yeah, about that, she isn’t, nor any of the other blue posters, are going to give details that they’re not already given the greenlight for. You can talk at the wall for all day, but she isn’t going to take feedback or talk about it with anyone that wasn’t approved by the devs and/or legal.

4 Likes

You’re misinterpreting. I love them and appreciate their input.

It’s not them, it’s blues overall communication and decisions making.

That’s why I’ve said I’ll go now to suggestions forum. It’s not on Orlyia at all. They’re doing gods work in here.

2 Likes