Why does Blizz Tell me what is "fun"?

No. It is nothing like that. …and if it was. Check out the refund policy and never return.

2 Likes

The next line after that is still a problem IMO though.

" Torments should apply just enough pressure that this group can still kill every single creature on the floor (which takes a while, since these enemies have lots of HP), while still being careful, using crowd control, taking a few seconds to rest or strategize between pulls, and even then, maybe sometimes waiting just a little longer for a cooldown before engaging. If that is the most efficient way to play Torghast, then we’ve hit our mark exactly."

That’s assuming every group is exactly as efficient as every other group. If they have timers, and they’re saying they’re aiming for this sweet spot, they’re basically saying there’s a point where we’ve found the exact speed the floor SHOULD be run, and if you aren’t doing it that way you’re punished. At least, that’s what it feels like.

That just leads, as per usual, to people excluding non FOTM classes/specs, and people who want to spend an evening pushing as far as they can into Torghast with their buddies are the ones who get punished.

1 Like

Congrats it is. It starts on floor 11 which is past what most of the playerbase is going to do which is stop at floor 10 for legendary materials.

this was never going to be an issue, or an optimal way to play.

this is a lie to introduce some bs mechanic because they want another e-sport. that’s it.

they’re liars. there’s no other term for them.

4 Likes

I feel like at this point calling them liars concerning the tower is more close to lying itself than anything they stated.

Literally look at any speedrunning community ever when some new glitch is discovered. LoZ: WW, OoT, and MM all had massive breakthrough glitches discovered this past year and people were frantically trying to figure out how to break the games even more than they already were.

Congratulations on making the game harder for the mediocre player. Worse players rely way more on gear to carry them through mechanics than the better ones.

The reason overgeared groups doing zerg strats in PUGs is so prevalent is because the ONLY way some groups are ever going to kill a boss like Heroic Illy’G is if they do such an absurd amount of damage that they never get the mind controls in a 2/2/6 group.

1 Like

hmmm, yes, not liars at all

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/884530.jpg
2 Likes

Torghast is not a timed mode.

Congrats!

On the contrary, I think it would force them to learn how to play the game better instead of relying on gear as a crutch so much.

While the initial learning curve would certainly be painful, people learn and adapt surprisingly quickly provided the actual difficulty isn’t insane.

it’s exactly what this is.

i hope you get paid by the word though. much more money than hourly or salary.

4 Likes

Your argument doesn’t hold any water in reality. We can’t go a week on GD without people complaining about getting 10 stacked on LFR Nzoth who has now been out for…3 months now? That sure is a lot of time for people to “get better”, but adamantly refuse to do so for whatever reason.

What timer is there in Torghast for the first 10 floors? AFAIK they don’t take place until you get to higher floors. That means there aren’t any for the majority of the content that will be done. Only after you get your first 10 floors down, which is all thats really needed for the legendary parts (or whatever they are called).

Players of WoW have routinely shown that this is not the case. Cata dungeons were nerfed because they felt that the players would step up and learn to play the game better. But they did not.

Be sure to let us all know if this happens in WoW.

2 Likes

If it takes me an hour to clear a floor cause I want to wait for hero every pull id hardly call that efficient.

1 Like

While I’ve been trying to avoid bringing this into the conversation… for whatever, that approach works in FFXIV. That game places more value on doing the mechanics (and are quick to one-shot you for failing them, regardless of gear; usually a ring-out or overwhelming damage) than being able to power through them with gear. Heck, there’s even a “math boss” in there which requires you to do rudimentary arithmetic:

… and that’s an LFR-only boss, by the way.

Back to WoW, the issue with N’zoth in LFR is precisely that problem – it’s unusual because you CAN’T overpower it with gear. If doing the mechanics was required for bosses in WoW (rather than just overpowering them), you’d find that even LFR players would have no issue doing them.

All the ridiculous stat-inflation over the years has given them a habitual “easy way out” of simply overpowering everything with more gear. There’s no way to solve that problem that won’t be painful in some way, as it comes down to taking away the players’ favourite crutch at some point or another.

No, SOME people will wait, then they will complain about “having” to so, and then blizz will frakk everyone else over to coddle them. Blizz should just realize that not everyone loves timed activities, and it just skews expectations. Look at how many people complain about the “rush, rush” dungeon mentality even when its not required.
:speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Unfortunately, that’s not how that works. The second you put a timer of any sort in, it feels timed. Maybe not to you, but to all us filthy casuals, that’s exactly what it feels like now. And from everything I’ve heard, it’s completely pointless as is. The threat of the torments is so low that people who were hardcore enough to sit around and wait for lust every pull are going to keep doing exactly that. So how to fix that? Crank up the torments? Then you’ve just pushed even more people away, and made them go from a soft enrage to a hard enrage. Leaving them in is a lose/lose for both players and Blizzard. Take them out, and find a better way to balance.

4 Likes

So let me get this straight.

One of the reasons the timer is bad, is because you feel the penalty is extremely minor?

But for some reason the “filthy casuals” are unable to realize that the penalties are extremely minor? And the “filthy casuals” get so caught up on the existence of Torments, they are unable to realize that the threat of the torments is “so low”?