Why do YOU play a warrior?

I play Warrior because after almost 15 years of playing WoW, nothing so far has beat wielding Two Flamings Axes, while wearing an armor thats on fire and having a sweet beard and mohawk…which is also on Fire.

5 Likes

In summary, I love playing a warrior cause i get to wield a giant 2 handed weapon and smack em with it. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

because was the only tank that wow had when they start, pallys and druids were second, warrior never did dps and took so many expantions to get to understand that not every one wanted to tank and wanted dps they changed the whole fury and arms

because they killed dk for me so i defaulted back to first class i picked for tanking.

Because I enjoy the feeling of being a badass. There is a visceral feeling when I charge into battle.

Nothing else is like it.

3 Likes

Because the class-fantasy is beyond cool, even when the mechanics don’t necessarily deliver.

" It’s a thankless job—living day to day by your armor and the skill of your arm. To dive heedlessly into danger. They won’t be playing golden horns for the time you took that knife to the ribs for them in the bar in Bucksberg. No flock of angels to sing of the time you dragged them, still screaming, from the edge of the Pits of Madness, no.

Forget them.

You do this for the guts and the glory. The scream of battle and the hot, hot blood of it. You are a beast of iron. Your friends may carry blades of forged steel but, Warrior, you are steel."

Hold the line, sound the charge, and wake the iron. War on.

2 Likes

I love it !!!

I play Warrior because as a Warrior I am the common man.

I am not the Hunter that shuns civilization.
I am not the Shaman that can tap into the very building blocks of the world.
I am not the scholarly Mage raised with privilege in schools like Dalaran.
I am not the Warlock who sold their soul for power.
I am not the Paladin who wields the light to bring justice upon evil.
I am not the Druid who channels the powers of nature.

I am the Warrior, I am the strength of the people, who got where they are through force of will and grit. I defend my faction and my home with all my strength and a clenched fist against enemies that would see our lands burn.

14 Likes

Here, here.

We shatter swords, we splinter spears.
None stand before these shield-breakers.
Our fists are founts of orphans’ tears;
Our blades are widow-makers.

Also, ITT: Testosterone.

1 Like

Because I like Barbarians in D&D and Warrior is the closest thing.

Because I like to be just a normal guy with his gear and his anger against powerful forces.

1 Like

I play for arms - 2hander weapon with no magicky gimmicks. The other 2hander specs in the game have some kind of casting attack in their rotation which kinda of throws the immersion off for me(judgement, viper sting, death coil)

2 Likes

I play warrior because it allows for so many different themes. Some players envision their warrior as a gladiator, some like the knight theme, berserker, fighter and so on. I went with the far east theme and made an undead “samuarai”.

4 Likes

Undead samurai… i love the idea… but hate the undead models… if it wasnt for that i would have been forsaken so many times over by now lol

Because I like to be humiliated so I always make sure to play warrior so blizzard can hit me really hard with the Nerf bat over and over.

2 Likes

Warriors are stupid

2 Likes

Not at all.

The greatest characters ever are warriors
Kratos from god of war
World war hulk, the best hulk comic
Guts from berserk

1 Like

I play a warrior because killing “gods” with martial prowess AND PURE WHITE HOT FUDGING ANGER sounds so damn badass to me

2 Likes

And from what i hear… we will be able to throw an axe so hard that we can break the ice block and even force its way into a bubble made of holy magics!

That ability is what convinced me that i wanted a warrior…

2 Likes

I like the gameplay, I’ll always be a platewearing melee first guy in 99% of games I play, and from a class fantasy perspective it feels like a nice compromise. Paladins are too pure and holier-than-thou. Death Knights are edgelords. Warriors fit nicely in between.

1 Like