Why do you not provide active data on realm populations

Shame on you blizzard.

Why is it i have to go off of 3rd party data to try and find out what the realms are like?

I thought i did my research, found a realm that was good population (high) during my late play times (~11pm PST), and one according to wowhead was 50/50.

Sadly wowhead was wrong, and now i have sunken 2 months of playing into a realm which is unplayable 50+, and one i cannot even pay to get off -.-.

Why does blizzard not provide active realm population data? We know they have it, this is crucial information for someone looking to invest a lot of time into a game, we need to know what we’re investing in.

11 Likes

because if we had accurate data we could all see they messed up. We could see the pop ratio getting even worse. people would see that certain servers were starting to die and avoid them or transfer off making the problem worse.

6 Likes

I get that, but honestly why would anyone invest money and so much time in something which i cannot control. My quality of life is so bad right now, i cannot get anything done. at all. what am i spending money for?

2 Likes

But bro, didn’t you know you had to research private server behavior as well as vanilla WoW behavior and listen to every developer update as to know server populations and extrapolate from this information that every flight point was going to be farmed and it be near impossible to accomplish anything? Like man its all your fault. Cause you know, I totally did that.

13 Likes

We can already see this… the data is just less accurate.

2 Likes

so they can lie to investors easier

4 Likes

First of all, they can’t lie to the investors either way. That’s illegal, and will eventually cost them TONS of money.

Secondly, the investors don’t care how many people are playing on each server. They care about subscription fees and microtransactions.

3 Likes

its easier to mislead, not flatout lie sorry. video game news sites would constantly be making articles about player loss if they knew the actual numbers and investors do pay attention to those. alot of companies mislead investors, the one i work for is currently setting up a production line at enormous cost to make it seem like we make bank, like WAY overkill for what we are making

2 Likes

You could spend your money playing the game on a pve server. Its not that hard. But hey im sure youve invseted a serious amount of time into your level 50 and i could see the sentimentalism

3 Likes

Cmon…many of us who did exactly that were surprised by layers, the devs were vague about server caps other than to see they could fine tune it, and still, the problem of triple server caps remained.

The devs didnt see it coming to that extreme after trying to enticeplayers off populated servers, crashed wowprogress, and chose to keep caps high instead of increasing queues to keep reasonable caps.

Feel free to be psychic, though.

Funny how Horde knew it all along, while ignoring the possibility that several experienced and dedicated Classic fans on the alliance side, got hosed, basically, because of server caps.

Most Alliance I know were expecting 40:60, but the mega server caps ruin density balance.

Meanwhile on PvE Realms…:cocktail:

4 Likes

Access to the service. That’s what it’s always been. You’ve never spent a single cent on a “good game experience”.

2 Likes

You raise a good point. Blizzard are largely to blame for such bad server imbalance.

I feel your pain, I’ve got a 56 mage stuck on a dead server. Thankfully I have a mage on faerlina and have been raiding for 10 weeks now. One day I will hopefully be able to rescue my other toon.

You really put a spotlight on the depth of your ignorance with statements like this.

Hypothetically, let’s say Blizzard posted population breakdowns. They put a A/H % split next to each server in the selection screen. For example:

Herod - HIGH (45A/55H)
Faerlina - HIGH (43A/57H)
Whitemane - HIGH (54A/46H)
Heartseeker - HIGH (60A/40H)

What do you think people would do? You think a ton of Alliance are going to go jump on either of the first 2 servers? You think a large number of Horde would jump on those last 2 servers?

What does human behavior say would likely happen with this information?

:cactus:

5 Likes

Just level a hunter again on another server what’s it take 3-4 days to get to 50 on a huntard?

It doesn’t matter what you call it. That’s still illegal.

And again, the number of players doesn’t matter to investors. Only the number of subscriptions and microtransactions.

Others have already mentioned it. Blizzard doesn’t want the public to know if/when people stop playing. It’s not good for the company’s share value.

ok then whats your excuse for their withholding of basic information on player populations. remember to think in terms of $$$. when u offer up a better explanation ill take u seriously. their change in attitude about releasing this information came at a time when blizzard was doing very poorly earnings wise. this wasnt because they just didnt want to, they took the time to break census addons