Why do you like/play Survival Hunter?

Why? He’s completely justified. Why should it be ok for blizzard to just completely delete a spec? Hunters have been asking for Eyes of the Beast to come back WAY longer than people have been asking for the entire Survival spec to come back. Yet I don’t remember seeing all you hecklers coming out of the woodwork to insult anyone who wanted back EotB (which is now returning ironically enough).

It’s almost as if you are just a bunch of trolls. No actually it’s not almost as if. It is.

16 Likes

its a valid question. if you wanna be an agile swordsman an outlaw rogue is much closer than a bomber with 1 melee attack and a pet.

2 Likes

These days new classes are exclusively limited to lore. If it doesn’t match the lore of the new xpac it doesn’t get added. That’s a pretty terrible system if you ask me. Death Knight and Demon Hunter are pretty oddball considering classic fantasy archetypes. Meanwhile old ranged Survival was the closest spec to what a ‘hunter’ hunter would actually be. Ranged attacks, poisons, traps, explosives, etc… BM is of course closer to a beastmaster, while MM is of course closer to a ranger, archer, sniper, etc…

9 Likes

My bad, I forgot you’re playing a paladin cosplaying a dk. Don’t butt into talks about theme when you don’t give a crap about your own

There’s a point where someone’s justified anger just comes across as being a bitter jerk that has to insert himself into every conversation just to derail threads to remind everyone how much he hates a thing.

4 Likes

I don’t. I thought I might then found out by experience that SV has a glorified stat stick pretending it’s a “2H” weapon. There is only 1 skill I can think off that even has an animation for the 2H. Everything else might as well have a crossbow.

1 Like

I like some of the abilities and such they have in survival these days. The wildfire bombs with wildfire infusion are fun. That said, I think it makes more sense for survival to be a ranged spec that can hit aspect of the eagle and become a capable melee factor for a while. That would kind of encourage a sort of joust-like play that hunters used to have with the deadzone. Maybe that aspect becomes a stance off the GCD and lets the survival hunter more effortlessly move from range to melee. I would probably enjoy that more, and for me, it’d have more continuity with the rest of the class. I think them breaking it out in legion has painted them in a corner that they’d wished they hadn’t now going into SL.

1 Like

And what do you think it looks like when the usual suspects show up to deride him for just wanting back what he and many of us unjustifiably lost, wanting it back at no cost to melee SV?

10 Likes

Most of us didn’t even say a word to him for the first three years… But please, find where we, the people who are finally annoyed, clapped back at him over the last four years. I’ll wait…

1 Like

I would assume it would look like people are tired of someone inserting themselves into threads just to complain, derail threads, and beat a dead horse.

4 Likes

Change doesn’t happen if people stop asking for it. See 2h Frost making a come back as a perfect example.

11 Likes

It’s justified to express concern over the removal of a spec, yes.

But insisting hunters shouldn’t have the option of being capable melee combatants is just plain wrong.

Just ask Rexxar.

1 Like

Rexxar was a BM hunter until Legion, then he magically became Survival.

12 Likes

And he isn’t doing that. Everybody just wants Blizzard to give us a fourth spec for ranged SV, not remove melee SV.

7 Likes

Rexxar was a melee hunter, is my point.

NPCs in WoW don’t always fit specific spec designs. But Rexxar was and is a melee BM hunter.

1 Like

He has repeatedly stated he wants MSV removed…

2 Likes

Justified for wanting the spec back sure, I personally don’t even see an issue with adding a ranged version back as a fourth spec to the game if possible even if that’s unlikely I’m aware. But no the manner in which they come into these threads and try to shame people for liking the melee iteration of the spec isn’t okay and that’s why people don’t like their actions. There’s a way a certain Orc around here conveys their want for the return of ranged survival in a fair and balanced manner and as a result they’re someone I can’t really criticize.

There’s no need to play this stupid little game where people insult each other back and forth or making pointless claims. The large majority of people here I can almost guarantee would not mind nor care if everyone got what they wanted.

2 Likes

You can barely leave feedback about Hunters in general as a class without it devolving into a snarky, ragey debate over ranged vs melee Surv. Good luck in getting Blizz to parse out good feedback or suggestions for any of the specs that might get sandwich in between that.

And besides, this thread is about what people like about Surv Hunter; not particularly feedback related. There was no change being asked for - just some guy with a chip on his shoulder because other people enjoy things he doesn’t enjoy.

2 Likes

Where? From what I’ve seen recently he is completely fine with a fourth spec.

I understand not liking a person’s behavior. But I’ve seen this orc you speak of and from what I can tell they just get the same “Stop whining about ranged SV” responses. It is understandable to be bitter about a spec being removed, and then a bunch of people insult you for wanting it back.

Imagine if your favorite spec in the game was removed, and as a result a ton of your class stopped playing the game. But then a bunch of people who didn’t before main your class come in and insist that the spec’s completely different new replacement is superior and the old one not only shouldn’t come back but that it was never good or never unique enough when it did exist. That’s been the general attitude by and large from what I’ve seen.

Imagine if fury was replaced with a ranged dps spec that plays completely differently from fury. Then a bunch of hunters came into the warrior forum with their new ‘warrior mains’ talking about how great the new spec is and how much better it is than old fury and how it is the best spec in the class, insulting and shushing the people who want old fury back.

11 Likes

Just because there’s some people responding to the orc in such a poor way doesn’t mean that it also gives anyone to also talk poor to the people that enjoy melee survival. There doesn’t have to be one correct or wrong way to go about things here, since in this example both parties that want to shame people for what they enjoy are just flat out wrong.

And again it’ll always be understandable if someone is frustrated with their favorite spec getting reworked into something completely different, no one fair will fault you for that frustration. But you can either choose to go about things diplomatically like once again a certain orc, or you can choose to be aggressive like the other person we’re referencing and void any chance for helpful and meaningful discussion between all parties.

1 Like