Why do you allow griefing?

I thought we were supposed to wait for Sunday for this kind of trolling posts.

In other words, don’t play the game I pay for when I want to. Give in to the griefer and allow them to dictate when, where and who I can play. Because allowing someone to be a complete jerk and run people off appears to be the Blizzard way.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s basically correct, because the game is working as intended. It sounds like you may enjoy something else a lot more. Also, why are you paying for a game you don’t like?

5 Likes

Where did I say I don’t like WoW?

Right here.

3 Likes

You’re post/complaint, it’s about how you do not like WoW and want them to change it into something different.

Greifing is s term that players came up with to describe using either superor levels, numbers of players or loopholes to prevent people from playing the game. Parking a mammath on a flight master is griefing. Taking a group of hunters to the starting area of your own faction and killing all the mobs so people can’t level is griefing.

That last one happened both times that I tried to try out alliance. They said they just liked relaxing and killing low lvl mobs but would do it for hours during prime time every other day so they eventually got banned.

Developers can decide what types of behavior they will act on but they dont control what is or isn’t greifing.

1 Like

I thought there was more to wow than what the guy is posting about.

Unfortunately no in regards to this complaint. This complaint is such that it is an aspect of the game that he does not enjoy, and thus, does not like. If this was a thread about how much he loves something, then that would be different. But, he’s here saying he does not like something, and that something is literally the way WoW has worked for 15 years, therefore, he does not want to play WoW. He wants to play a game wherein quest givers are not killable. Whatever game that is, is not this game, regardless of whatever he does like about this game.

I don’t know how you got “I don’t like WoW” out of that. I want to be able to play the game without being run off by a jerk. I can enjoy WoW and still not agree with Blizzard’s lack of handling this situation.

And no it isn’t. It’s about Blizzard allowing high level players to grief low level players by repeatedly stopping them from doing quests.

4 Likes

Ok, I can see this is an emotional reaction and that you cannot think in rational terms regarding it. So, I suppose:

I told the High Elf people, enjoy your blood elves.

I told the water strider people, enjoy your inflatable boots

I’ll tell, you, enjoy your questing

Because all of you are talking about a different game than this one.

1 Like

So if my friend has I habit that I don’t like but I like everything else about my friend that one thing means I don’t like my friend?

3 Likes

Sure. If you say so of course its absolutely true, right?

Ive been around the forums for some time and there has never been anything that Ive seen which corroborates your claim, yet people have complained and complained for many years about NPCs getting camped and theyve always been told it is a part of PvP, no matter the server.

2 Likes

This game is designed so that you can disrupt the enemy. You could literally spend 5 minutes on a zepplin and none of this is a problem any more. I HIGHLY HIGHLY DOUBT this guy has spent 6 hours doing this.

What some of us are trying to tell you is that, no matter what any of us think. Blizzard thinks that it is working the way they want it to. This has worked the same way since the game launched, and you aren’t the first to complain about it. It really isn’t something that I would see Blizzard changing any time soon. I won’t say never, but it’s pretty clear that Blizzard doesn’t feel like this is something that they feel needs to be changed.

you need to go read his first post again…

If you are going to demand that your friend change themselves to fit you after 15 years of doing whatever it is that they do that is a part of them, then, yes, you’d be a bad person for trying to force them to change, and should, instead, seek out a friend that does not have that flaw that you cannot see past.

2 Likes

Yup already reread it and deleted my post. Then saw your response.

1 Like

THing is the OP wasn’t in war mode or flagged for pvp . He/she is talking about max level players from the opposing faction killing quest givers in low level zones making it hard for the lower level players to turn in quests and enjoy the game.

That has nothing to do with war mode or pvp , that is some one having fun at the expense of ruining the fun of other players and that is griefing.

7 Likes

Neat.
:man_shrugging: