Why do you allow griefing?

I made this character today and chose the North Barrens to start questing. But the quest givers are being repeatedly killed by level 120 Alliance. Why is this allowed to go on?

There is a simple solution. Make low level quest givers immune to attack.

And don’t tell me I can quest somewhere else. I will quest the zones I find pleasurable and should not be run off by someone being a total jerk.

This has gone on for decades. Isn’t it time you address it, Blizzard?

46 Likes

its allowed because you CHOOSE to turn on warmode.turn it off if you dont want to pvp.

you chose to turn it on.

65 Likes

They don’t; they just have a radically different concept of what qualifies as griefing.

6 Likes

Any kind of world pvp should be disabled completely without warmode turned on. There is no PvP solution to the problem because all the ppl that want to wpvp have warmode on.

26 Likes

It’s not a warmode thing – it’s a low level guard thing. It happens outside of warmode.

High level Alliance players are bored, so they do things like this to grief.

45 Likes

What are you talking about? I am level 20 and a level 120 Alliance is killing the quest NPCs. This has nothing to do with warmode.

58 Likes

Decades? :thinking:

9 Likes

thats not griefing…lol.

23 Likes

Yes, it is.

48 Likes

so players killing mobs is griefing???who knew.

15 Likes

Not mobs, quest giver npcs. And doing it so we can’t pick up or turn in quests.

34 Likes

thats still not griefing my bad about the warmode post but they can kill what ever they want.

it doesnt violate tos its not griefing.

13 Likes

Actually there are ALOT of npcs that don’t act properly with warmode turned off. They can still be killed.

Blizzard messed up royally dropping pvp servers so quickly.

23 Likes

Actually you’d be surprised. The TOS has very widely defined definitions of what constitutes griefing. Depending on the GM that reviews your case, maybe nothing happens, maybe your banned.

8 Likes

thats why they made warmode to kill pvp servers.

but that they are doing isnt griefing they are killing mobs.

2 Likes

That argument didn’t work before. An Alliance streamer got perma banned camping horde quest givers for hours to show Blizzard how warmode doesn’t really work.

17 Likes

its not right if they did ban it the guy was flagged for pvp and the mobs or npc agro on him.to me its not griefing.

if the op wants griefing turn on warmode and get camped over and over again.

1 Like

Except he wasn’t in warmode, so the Horde PLAYERS couldn’t do a thing to him.

Blizzards rule has always been if there is a pvp solution it’s not griefing. If you exploited to a roof so players literally CANNOT kill you, then it is.

Or in this case have warmode turned off but are engaging in warmode activities.

17 Likes

Once again, quest giver NPCs aren’t mobs. Killing them repeatedly to keep other players from picking up and turning in quests is griefing. It is done for no reason other than to be a jerk.

I’d like to know why you condone this. Do you kill quests NPCs too?

34 Likes

Um. One doesnt have to turn on WM to kill NPCs. You can still flag for PvP and get flagged by attacking NPCs.

13 Likes