Why do we need two games?

Though it would be funny to watch the average modern WoW player try dungeons like this.

8 Likes

You know the answer to your question, you seem to just want to argue.

11 Likes

Yeah, Id prefer it if blizzard would talk to me instead of just their paying customers.

Oh god yes it would.
It would be bc timewalking and cata heroics all over again.

OP, thatā€™s comparing apples to oranges.

Over the years, the computer code that runs WoW has changed so much, that the code from 2004 cannot run todayā€™s WoW.

1 Like

They arent too far apart to make the concept of adding in some elements from the past that gave more depth and worldly feeling to the game implausible in any sense.

But the problem is that it would still have some of the modern elements we donā€™t want.
Furthermore modern players would have old elements they donā€™t want.
Thus no one would be happy at all.

And I do believe they are completely too far apart.

3 Likes

But what if it actually didnā€™t work like that? What if instead of needing two extremes, you could achieve the same feeling you got from classic wow by simply changing a few big ticket elements in the game?

And thatā€™s fine, we can believe what we want to believe.

Iā€™ll play ball. Which stuff do you change? Why? What remains unchanged? Why?

For example.
Do we get old design of dungeons back? Cc, coordination, no aoe tank and spank, non linear, could last hours on And?

Do we retain LFD and LFR?
Do we remove flying and transmog?
Do we go back to slower leveling or the modern race to level cap?

1 Like
  1. No flying in Azeroth or Kalimdor.
  2. No Hierlooms.
  3. No dungeon finder.
  4. No Mechengineers Chopper.
  5. Less focus on balance.
    Leave everything else the way it is for now.
    Thats about it. Why? Because these elements are completely unnecessary and detract from the feeling of accomplishment and world consistency.
2 Likes

lolā€¦ 75% of the Retail players would quit.

14 Likes

Because it would never happen, nice troll thread thoughā€¦

4 Likes

Maybe. Or blizzard could see thousands, or millions returning.

1. so I still have to worry about flying everywhere else. Yay.
  2. what about leveling in general?
  3. what about the dungeons themselves though?
  4. classic doesnā€™t appeal becayse of the less focus on balance. It focussed on classes being unique.
2 Likes

I would argue classes were unique because some were more or less balanced than others at accomplishing different tasks. Flying everywhere else makes sense, thats what blizzard intended and the continents were designed to allow it. (which reminds me, #6 change would be to mod some of the existing land features to be accessible for land travel only for Azeroth and Kalimdor). Iā€™m unsure of what you mean by ā€œleveling in generalā€ and the dungeons themselves can literally stay exactly the way they are.

1. umm no. The last 3 expansions minimum all have no area that is flight accessible only.
  2. is leveling the more modern rush to cap style or vanilla style?
  3. so modern aoe tank and spank dungeons. Got it.
  4. classes appealed becayse everyone brought something unique to the table, everyone was different.

Right, they wouldnt have to change anything past Azeroth or Kalimdor, thus my point as to why it would be an easy implementation. Leveling would stay exactly the way it is currently, although it would be slower because people wouldnā€™t be sitting in capital cities queing in dungeon finder to 120, they would be out in the world (of warcraft).

This would be a half-azzed version of WoW that would please no one, and piss off a lot of people.

17 Likes

I would argue the same about your reply Savax.

That makes no senseā€¦

5 Likes