Why do we need two games?

My friends and I all quit retail a few years ago. We intend to play Classic. Retail has gone to far away from a game we enjoy. We’re not interested in it. They are two very different games at this point. I don’t see how you could just inject ‘classic elements’ into it to make it worth coming back to.

11 Likes

Not trolling.

Look at the loot system. Bosses had set loot with set stats. Todays loot is completely random. It feels bad to have complete randomness dictate loot drops.

10 Likes

But which elements?
Most of the changes that happened made sense at the time.
The pvp grind was OTTP, so it was removed.
Classes traded flavor abilities for utility and more damage options.
They also traded flavor for viability, remove that and people are going to scream.
They added classes, going back to more flavorfull raid comps (no pallies or shamans) will annoy a large chunk of the player base.

On the other hand adding back things like reagents,class flavor is a good idea.

3 Likes

Right, so if you enjoy classic, why not play it for free right now?

I assume this will be the excuse given later after everybody is done pointing out how obviously they’re missing the point.

Though that’s how it is: When you get called out for something stupid, just claim that you were trolling and that you totally got them.

1 Like

Ask the people who played Nostalrius.

12 Likes

because I don’t want to have to worry about servers getting canned and GM corruption.

5 Likes

Ask them what? Why blizzard forced their developers to shut their classic server down? So that blizzard could copy paste it and charge money for it instead?

Did you play this game before Cata?
It’s not as simple as axe flying. Zones have been changed, quests are different, many dungeons have been butchered, gameplay is entirely different.
Some people prefer the old game, if you can’t understand that it may not be for you.

13 Likes

I’m sorry if blizzard has caused you to waste your time.

Bring those elements back into retail?
Did you see all the crying about the 7.3.5 leveling in the forums? And that leveling was still faster and easier then vanilla.

Can you imagine the outrage in retail if there was no flying at all? People hate pathfinder as is and you want to outright remove flying?

No LFD and no LFR and no transmog? The modern gamers would go ballistic.

Actually requiring cc, coordination, and interaction in dungeons? And longer dungeons r hat you can’t tank and spank? Oh god the rage.

9 Likes

I spent a long time playing on different classic servers myself, sorry if your assumption of me was incorrect. The changes would be easy to implement.

They tried that with pristine servers. No one liked the idea and it got shot down. The differences between Classic and retail are too large to be reconciled.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about the pristine servers because thats exactly what I’m here to defend.

Good luck with that.

1 Like

And blizzard has already looked at some of those clients and they aren’t even accurate. Many of them use leveling experience from bc, boss fights aren’t accurately scripted, etc

3 Likes

Eh they were close enough for me when I played them. And about 10k other people on my server.

How can you defend something that does not exist?
Sorry to be rude but IMO you aren’t “getting it” because you don’t want to.

7 Likes

Something doesn’t have to exist for you to defend the idea of it.