Why do the devs hate Night Elves so much?

What?! It’s been 2 years and you still haven’t figured that out?

What’s wrong with you? said in a mocking tone

Have you met Tyrande?

1 Like

Blizzard loves the Horde and the Humans.

As for OP: Because they needed a sacrifice for the humans to come into save being awesome and give the Horde another lovely conflict and “development”.

Night Elves are the go to race when it comes to that. (Sadly, because they have the best lore of the Alliance).

Nah because it IS important. To me. Maybe to many other people too.
It’s Blizzard’s opinion that it’s not important. Of course you can side with Blizz, you do you mate.

#forthealliance
#deathtosylvanas

1 Like

Well i did consider mechanisation…
Maybe extendable stilts for legs

How so? The Night Elves have never really been threatened by the Horde, they fought off Garrosh who was sweeping through the rest of the Alliance, the night elves also had to be the ones to keep the Siege of Orgrimmar going. Like beyond that and Sylvanas I can’t think of a time the Night Elves ever needed aid to fight the Horde.

I mean cool, but it was just a tree. I had fun times on it, but it is like as old as Anduin and doesn’t do anything, like not even grow tasty fruit. What’s the point?

Blizzard loves the horde so much they keep killing off horde leaders and making horde into the bad guys. Maybe they are finally giving Night Elves some of that “horde love”?

When Garrosh attacked the Night Elves, Bruce Wayne took over him and he became so smart that he started devising plans that stopped the Night Elves and tricked them in their forests.

It was so bad that Tyrande, a faction leader, had to intervene and was one shotted by Garrosh who got the 7D tableboard the evil Warchief in turn gets and devised a powerful plan.

Guess who managed to repel the Horde? :eyes:

Super Varian Wrynn who was so badass Goldrinn chose him and he commanded the Worgen who were slaying Magnataurs by themselves when an army of Night Elves couldn’t.

It’s true they did well against Sylvanas, but that’s because of Malfurion, possibly the strongest mortal on Azeroth. But it was still used as the catalyst for an expansion where Saurfang was feeling sad and Anduin and Jaina were the stars.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. The simplest answer is that the burning of teldrassil (and blighting of UC) was from a game dev perspective designed to shake up the world and kill a couple cities that no one used.

In terms of story it isn’t fair. And I dont think the writers think that it should be (it shouldn’t). Ideally, the NE story arc would involve a restoration and a new, better city. Where Forsaken are left without and end up being nomadic.

Alright I can see some hard bias going on here by the words, cool. Can we also point out again that Varian was losing the war to Garrosh who was made Warchief for his ability to lead? Garrosh was wiping the Alliance on all fronts and the Night Elves were not only holding their own but also pushing on the gates of Orgrimmar. [quote=“Johad-quelthalas, post:25, topic:664769”]
It’s true they did well against Sylvanas, but that’s because of Malfurion, possibly the strongest mortal on Azeroth. But it was still used as the catalyst for an expansion where Saurfang was feeling sad and Anduin and Jaina were the stars.
[/quote]

We got one of the best animations with Malfurion killing Horde and then we got Jaina blowing cold air, yes, yes, super star Jaina, she was so cool losing in Dazar’alor.

It’s 15 year old tree. In real life time. They burned down 15-year-old home and friends of Nelf players without telling them why and said “It’s not important. Live with it.”

Let’s say Sylvanas had burned down Stormwind. And Blizz had told me that Anduin had already forgiven Sylvanas because we won the Arathi Warfront. I would’ve been very upset and disappointed. And I’m even relatively new to this game.

Can you tell me like “It’s just a city. It’s broken once already. Why is it important?”

First thread wasn’t a repost of anything, it was my very first thread. They removed the other thread for no reason which is disrespectful to those that commented in it

Because it’s a game about war, Theramore is there-no-more, Camp Tarajo, Menathil Harbor, Undercity, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, etc. These are all places people loved and spent time at, loses happen in war and are all the more reason to fight, not sit on the forums having a victim mentality that the writer hates them.

So, let me get this straight, killing Warchiefs that stop being “Horde” while giving the Horde revolutions is hate? When they get huge character developments, where your leaders are seemingly arising to something else (Vol’jin as a Loa, who knows what Garrosh will do).

Why are you not Alliance, then? There’s perpetual human dominance and their leaders don’t die.

We got one of the best animations with Malfurion killing Horde and then we got Jaina blowing cold air, yes, yes, super star Jaina, she was so cool losing in Dazar’alor.
[/quote]

There’s no bias, as I play even both factions and I win nothing tricking myself with fictional characters (Not saying I can’t be wrong, I’m merely saying how I see things).

When has the Night Elves been assaulted by the Horde and being the main characters in taking revenge?

Cataclysm wasn’t, MOP either, it was Vol’jin with Alliance help and certainly BFA wasn’t.

I’m not saying the NE have to wipe out the Horde, I pointed out they are assaultd, destroyed and another race takes the lead taking revenge for them, or takes the spotlight of it.

Yes, making horde characters turn evil and being removed is hate. Also a “few” more then just war chiefs have been killed off.

The Night Elves won Darkshore and are not looking for peace, Thrall is doing everything he can to not having the Night Elves wipe out the Horde completely by making peace offerings.

Again, night elves get a zone dedicated to them almost every expac. How many dungeons and raids are about killing night elves? Oh none? Yeah blizzard doesn’t hate you. You get more lore development than almost any other race. How many zones do you have in kalimdor? Oh almost the entire northern half? Stonetalons and feralas too? You complain and want to much

As well as Alliance characters being killed. They’ve lost less leaders, that’s a fact. And while these leaders can be back, maybe won’t be Horde exactly.

Would you want the factions to change, then? Like the Horde being 90% Orcs, that the Alliance attacks your race’s outposts and its the Orcs that takes the lead, leaving the Forsaken as mere NPCs. The Alliance receiving high quality cinematics focused only on why a general was sad that the Forsaken were attacked while Tyrande tricks everybody over and over and in the end she’s likely to end up well?

And even if she doesn’t, it’s another Alliance character that kills her, not a Horde one (Like Garrosh vs Thrall).

As a guy who plays both sides, I like the Horde more because there I don’t feel my non Orc character as a visitor. In the Alliance I do, unless I’m a Worgen, Dwarf or Human.

Maybe that for me settles it.

This is something I don’t deny.