Why do Solo players think they get nothing vs Raiders / M+ Players?

I’m actually tired of having to put him on ignore repeatedly as he keeps creating new characters to circumvent the fact that players keep putting him on ignore.

4 Likes

To be completely fair, this thread was instigated by someone who very clearly wanted to continue flaming solo players. Not entirely sure that this is the argument that you want to use in this particular thread.

Furthermore, one of the first responses in this thread (from Thallia) is actually quite reasonable and it was immediately met with vitriol.

Perhaps there is some merit to the claims some solo players make about feeling attacked.

3 Likes

Okay, so let’s ignore the volatile trolls and you guys get together as a collective to offer a better solution?

are we not trying to make the game better?

Because if you guys felt attacked, the TITLE OF THIS VERY POST undermines players/active players who dedicate a lot of their time to the game.

So in retrospect…I also understand the other side, where players don’t want their time to feel like its wasted.

Both sides are very extreme btw.

When did I say “no one” needs the recommended ilvl? You love putting words in my mouth and even more making arguments that didn’t exist. I was talking to someone about systems, M+ vs Torghast as a whole.

You came in here and made it about my personal skill.

So yes, you are still just as disingenuous as always.

Funny theory when I haven’t played WoW before Shadowlands since Wrath.

But you’re never going to get that. The unfortunate reality this game’s design is that the solo playerbase is a lot more varied than the group playerbase because solo content itself is a lot more varied in design than group content.

In group content, the goal and reward is very clear: Do harder content, clear the boss, get better gear. It’s a streamlined experience that is difficult to stray from, so naturally you are going to have most people within that player demographic that share the same sentiment. You might have M+ players and raiders who disagree and butt heads over which content should get the best gear in the game, but their sentiments are aligned with one another.

But solo content is not that. It’s a lot more open-ended with a whole slew of people playing it for different reasons. Some play for the story, some play for the collecting, some play for the exploration, some people like the mini-games and side activities, and some like the challenging solo content that exists. You’re always going to have people who vary in what they want from the game, but I personally feel like the sentiment carried between all of them is the same: Solo content kind of sucks right now.

The problem with these discourses is that there are plenty of people who provide exceptional points, reasonable arguments, and valid solutions to this issue. This is what ends up happening, though:

A. They are promptly ignored because some people aren’t here to actually have a conversation about solo content, but instead to be inflammatory and pick at low-hanging fruit because it’s much easier to discredit.
B. Their arguments are distorted by these people and twisted into something else entirely. For example, someone told me that I wanted mythic-level gear in this thread and that I was a spoiled brat when I never indicated that at any point. A few weeks ago, I outlined my ideal version of Torghast (one that had no player power attached to it), and I was immediately met with hostility about how entitled I was for wanting gear even though I never mentioned gear.

I don’t really know if any meaningful discourse will ever come from these forums because it’s evident that people aren’t interested in having that discourse. I personally am, but in spite of that, I’ve been profusely labeled as a troll just for disagreeing and as delusional even though I don’t necessarily disagree with the idea that only harder content should reward the best gear in the game.

tl;dr We’re never going to have a definitive, single answer that succinctly describes what it is that solo players want because solo players are a large demographic that covers a large variety of player types, and solo players aren’t in the wrong to feel like they’re under attack sometimes.

4 Likes

It was 9.2.

It means the majority of the player base partakes in the content.

None of that matters. It shows they partake in the content at some level.

Right, but as a community, SL as a whole has been terrible, for both solo players and for raiders.

The only thing the game got going on is m+.

I understand its bad now, but has it always been bad? or are we blowing 1 or 2 expansions out of proportion and making it a much bigger deal than what it is?

I believe blizzard will continue to add content that would accommodate you guys they usually always have, yes, it was VERY lackluster this expansion I get it.

You are right, I’ve seen some nasty stuff said on these forums and I will never side with either party who use those means as a solution.

I hope I did not come off as this as It wasn’t my intentions at all.
These players are not here for the greater good of the game.

I hope that through the trolls and the volatile individuals that we can have a proper conversation because I do care about the longevity of the game and I do believe adding more content would only be beneficial.

2 Likes

Nah. They only listen to raiders. Not the community. And raiders, historically, have seen no value to anything outside raiding.

2 Likes

I’m a raider, and I care about the rest of the content.

We ain’t all bad.

1 Like

I should have said “many, historically”.

3 Likes

Which is really ironic when you consider that these people often use Shadowlands as an example for how solo players are never satisfied.

Shadowlands all around was just bad. Solo players are completely within their right to be upset with that expansion, as are group-oriented players.

I think the last two expansions have been… not great, and as a result make people feel as though Blizzard is distancing themselves from solo content as a viable content avenue to focus in. Four years of subpar solo content have left players jaded and skeptical about where Blizzard’s priorities lie.

4 Likes

Been successful at this game since Wrath but sure buddy. Achievement checking is hard stuff.

Also

Imagine being this clueless you continue to push this lie.

1 Like

Raiders get the best of everything.

Gold making with selling runs. So solo players who play AH, do trading and all that. Raiders make more money with less time invested. Compare to gathering and trade skills.

With titan forge gone the time invested into world quest for rewards pretty much died with it. It is unrewarding, and does not value players time.

Truth be told, Raiders have been spoiled in wow. What is worse, is even with the drop of players, and over the years. They blame the game getting old, instead of them not coming out with fresh and new content for world.

In fact, the quality of world quest have went down the hole. So much so they had to nerf them, but they nerf them way later. And even now if you do BFA or Shadowland world quest compare to legion ones. Legions so much quicker.

So with raiders selling the gear to other players for gold. They needed a new way to feel better about themselves, since no longer can they just flash mounts, and or gear around to show off. So now they cling to logs. Yet, when you say well if gear does not matter it is the logs. Why can’t solo players get better gear? They cry tears of blood.

Lucky for us, Blizzard now has a whole team that is going to focus on solo content, and maybe just maybe they will come up something creative.

Even Blizzard starting to at last see that focus on group content, is not enough to keep players.

3 Likes

It’s an empty statistic. A nothing burger. Any statistic needs to be corroborated by other statistics. That’s basic research/argumentation 101. We don’t have those other statistics so anything that anyone says about the “majority” playerbase in this game is a meaningless deflection meant to distract from the fact that they don’t have an actual argument to stand on. This applies to both solo players and group-oriented players.

For example, if you had a statistic that said “X players purchased a carry” as a contrast or “X players continued to raid after their first clear,” then you might have something substantial, but saying 60% of the playerbase downed the first boss doesn’t mean much, if anything at all. For all you know, 15% of those players could have bailed after the first boss and lost interest. I don’t think that constitutes raiders as being the majority. I think the raider demographic is largely comprised of people who repeatedly engage with the content.

So you can certainly continue providing your statistics but they will continue to be meaningless and fail to address the point of the conversation.

3 Likes

Aka statistic proves me wrong so just try and discredit it.

Like it or not it shows atleast 60% of active accounts are going into and partaking in the content.

Everything you listed doesn’t matter. It’s just you trying to deflect statistics that prove you wrong.

It shows 60% of active accounts going into and partaking in the content initially*

Doesn’t really provide a better picture beyond that.

That’s your opinion.

3 Likes

I know the feeling.

also feel free to actually address this post

2 Likes

solo as a dictionary definition and solo in the sense of someone playing an online multiplayer game isnt the same. you lot need to let go of this argument its not the strong decisive point you think it is. It just shows you are narrow minded and in capable of critical thinking.

1 Like

He makes a good point.

You just don’t seem to care for it since it shuts your view down.

1 Like

So you don’t have the numbers and your viewpoint doesn’t matter because you have no data? That’s all I’m getting from this post.

3 Likes