Why do Solo players think they get nothing vs Raiders / M+ Players?

Yes.

The parts you ignored because you can’t refute.

https://pics.alphacoders.com/pictures/view/12652
Found this the box art for the very first WOW and would you look at that it even says and I quote.

play solo or enlist fellow heroes to join forces with you

Seems even back then WOW was not just a group game but also meant to be played solo.

7 Likes

You act like you didn’t ignore the majority of my responses either. I also addressed all of that earlier.

Yes, I must have missed a lot.

Or did you start off this way?

Because I absolutely did respond to this.

1 Like

Which is still true. You can play solo right now. Nowhere on the box does it say solo play rewards the same as groups.

No, I haven’t given any one word responses. You on the other hand have written nothing but one word or one line responses. You elaborate or explain nothing. It’s wholly ironic that you call someone else out for “lack of substance”.

You can disagree all you want, but if all you can say is “no” then it means nothing to anyone.

I didn’t even mention group quests. You’re the one that brought them up as evidence of WoW being group-oriented when everybody knows group quests were sporadic and not required. The only person cherry-picking here is you.

Did you really jump into this thread to nitpick my argument without actually reading it? Context helps, you know.

Leveling in vanilla was a form of solo content. You didn’t have to solo it, but soloing it was completely viable. That’s what makes it solo content. Virtually everyone agrees with the definition that solo content = open world/leveling content, even the people that may agree with you that WoW has always been group-oriented, so I’m not entirely sure why you’re going so hard against this connotation.

2 Likes

Now the goalpost has been moved to one line. I wonder if you even read what was said, or disregarded it because it didn’t meet some arbitrary word count.

I’m not sure what needs to be elaborated. People played the game solo, and they continue to play the game solo. I don’t have some point beyond that.

It’s not as ironic as you think. You say very little, word counts do not equate to substance.

Agreed. It’s a good thing, then, that I said more than that.

1 Like

If logs matter more than the gear, I’m still not sure why people fighting tooth and nail to keep best gear in raiding. Since ya know logs matter sooooo much.

2 Likes

it actually made me chuckle, like WoW was actually know as the casual mmo cuz back in the day even the vanilla grinde was light work for mmos, nice find dude person

3 Likes

I mentioned group quests in a list of other examples. You are literally the one cherry picking and focusing only on group quests.

I’m not reading through 1300 replies just to add that your reasonings for 2004 WoW being solo-centered is wrong. I don’t need prior context to understand what you are trying to say in the original post I quoted.

Being soloable does not make it solo-content. I can Solo M0 and even higher, but does that make it solo content? Nope. Leveling content is leveling content. It’s not specifically designed solo-content.

I put as much effort into replies to you as you have done to me. If you think there’s zero substance it’s because of how you initiated “discussions” with me at the start.

I don’t believe so, but if that is your ‘effort’ I can only say you’re lazy.

Speaking of irony.

This was replying to a post that directly asked you a question. You did not respond.

1 Like

All we have to do is scroll up and look at the first time you replied to me. Zero effort and zero substance. I’m just returning the same energy.

The same energy would move the discussion forward instead of continuously cherry picking from my responses to make it look, at a glance, like I had said nothing. Thankfully anyone with half a brain can click the arrow to see that I’ve said plenty, compared to your nothing.

1 Like

And I addressed everything else you listed, too. Scholomance and UBRS are endgame content, and I’ve acknowledged that vanilla endgame was group-oriented. I never disputed this. I only said that it was irrelevant to what I was saying.

I mean, you responded to my comment where I eloquently explained my reasonings and arguments. You didn’t need to search any further. It’s pretty clear you just didn’t read it and honed in on one particular aspect to target and decontextualize.

That’s your opinion. Everyone else disagrees with you, though.

1 Like

All we have to do is scroll up and look at the first time you replied to me.

Please quote it in its entirety, if you think it was that bad.

1 Like

You are still cherry picking.

In that case Normal, Heroic, M0, and even higher are solo content based on your own definitions.

Scroll up on your own.

I’ve reread four times now, you’re the one with something to prove, here.

1 Like

I’m not sure you understand the term cherry-picking.

Listen, man. I don’t make up the definitions. The WoW community at large considers leveling to be solo content. Take your beef up with them, not me.

2 Likes