Why do Solo players think they get nothing vs Raiders / M+ Players?

I"m not looking for endgame content. you keep bringing it up though.

oh ya? where, how ? plus, I hated ZM it was incredibly difficult for me to terrain. I also never said I needed mounts. I can get mounts through the store. so there is that. I’m not here for a job. I’m here for fun.

I don’t want to raid. period. I don’t care about endgame content. I’d much rather the zones be larger, the lore be longer. I love cutscenes. Those make me happy. Crazy silly toys to add to my collection.

Having said that I have no idea what DF will bring. maybe it will be better. But sl had nothing for me.

Frankly I’m tired of hearing about raider io about mythic plus. Tell me about the fun find you got by digging up 100 nodes in archaeology.

I"m sorry but that’s my idea of fun. If you don’t like… well. bye.

3 Likes

What part of gear entry to raid did you not understand?

No you didn’t. Not until much later in the expansion.

Yes it is.

Torghast doesn’t award gear.

At this point, just add solo content with progression. It seems alot of people want it and check metrics. :man_shrugging: :cloud_with_rain: It is what it is.

5 Likes

Unorganized group content isn’t solo, it’s still group content. Solo has a pretty clear definition.

1 Like

Anymore? Out of curiosity, if you had to ballpark a % of people that raided in Vanilla (contemporary, not classic) what would you say?

But again, even 2004 WoW was solo friendly. I genuinely feel like people are looking at WoW’s history through a lens because it pioneered the idea of being able to venture out into the world without needing a group by your side. Group content existed, but Blizzard made considerable efforts in separating group content from solo content and making it distinct which content was which. The open world, the leveling, the progression while leveling, all of that was considered solo content because you did not need a group to do any of that.

Of course, that experience did eventually reach an end, but getting to that end was particularly involved and took longer than what it takes to level today. Leveling stood on its own and you didn’t need something else to supplement that.

There’s nothing remotely comparable to that experience in today’s game. That’s really the problem. Blizzard created a game in 2004 that genuinely celebrated the solo player, and now in 2022 it feels like it has regressed. That doesn’t mean I want 2004 leveling back. If I wanted that, I’d just go play classic WoW.

But the thing many people seem to not understand in this thread is that you simply cannot remove/neuter a major feature of a game without coming up with something to take its place. Doing so displaces a significant chunk of the community, which is why we’re getting so many threads complaining about progression and solo content now.

Anyone who says “Solo play was never the main focus” isn’t wrong, but they’re wrong in their implication. Solo play was never the focus, but it did have an equal amount of focus.

5 Likes

Agree with most of your post, but I wouldn’t say it had quite equal focus. Not that it needed it. World content made up the vast majority of content, it didn’t need more focus to be frank. You can spend 1-60, 70, 80 just solo leveling and getting good upgrades for the world content experience.

2 Likes

do you even know what you are talking about? challenge mode didnt give ilvl

so you either dont know what you are talking about or you are straight up lying, Mop rep give raid lvl gear.

so quests, are end game content? so solo play is end game content?

yes and you keep saying the gear should go to difficult, torghast is way harder than M0 so sup with that?

2 Likes

The highest Torghast is harder than M0, I’d agree. That’s kind of a disingenuous way to compare the two systems, though.

1 Like

Did you forget all of the group quests, which in most cases actually needed a group to complete? Leveling is leveling and I don’t consider that “solo-content”.

WoW in 2004 was absolutely geared towards group-play. 10 man Scholomance, 15 man UBRS, 40 man raids. There wasn’t much solo-content at all in vanilla.

I think you are the one looking at it through a false lens.

Not required by any means, and often solo’d regardless.

Deciding that you don’t consider it solo content doesn’t change that people can do it entirely solo.

Yes

But no.

Leveling is content that everyone has to do. It’s not end-game. It’s just content. You can’t label it as “solo-content” just to use it as part of your agenda/argument.

Your one word responses mean nothing and can just as easily be disregarded.

Then disregard them, rather than respond to them.

Irrelevant.

Correct, glad we could agree.

Do you prefer the term “soloable content”? It would be a nitpick, and ironically done only to use as part of your agenda/argument.

2 Likes

Just like your posts and replies.

Group quests were few and far between and were distinctly labeled as group quests. You didn’t need to do them in order to progress in the game.

But even if we are considering group quests in this equation, I personally think it’s disingenuous to act like getting two other people together to spend 30 seconds killing a mob is somehow representative of how WoW having a huge emphasis on group play. Group quests were not some massive undertaking. They were simplistic by design.

Okay, notice how all of your examples are reflective of the endgame and how my argument is focused more on the leveling experience.

Endgame was geared towards group play. Leveling was not.

3 Likes

I take it you give up and realize you’re wrong, based on the kneejerk response.

1 Like

You are out of your mind. I have been playing since nilla, and questing was never group content! I did the so-called group quests solo. Then again, they were never grouped content quests. All you needed to do was wait a few minutes for one other to show up, and the mobs died, quest done.

Even the rares in STV were soloable.

3 Likes

You are cherry picking “group quests” and conveniently ignoring 10-15 man dungeons and 40 man raids when trying to deny that WoW had a large emphasis on group play.

Why are you so focused on leveling? Leveling is not end-game.

Again, what is with the focus on leveling?

No, it’s just pretty much all of your responses so that must mean you are the one who gave up.

I gave substance, you relied entirely on cherry picking simplistic responses to try and misrepresent what was said. Primarily because I’m right, and there’s nothing for you to refute.

1 Like

Congrats you functioned as a group without inviting each other. Also that wouldn’t work because there was something called “tagging”. So I call BS on your anecdote.

LMAO substance? Really? The one who was giving one word responses and not elaborating on virtually anything? Funny.