Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

My prize was from being a Sheetmetal worker and doing metal riveting for years while building military jets for the US Navy…add in using all kinds of types of power tools by hand…it damages the hands over years.

3 Likes

CT never gets better some folks have surgery and it works but for many surgery is no use I am one of those cases…doctor only gave me a small % of the surgery working …I said No…you can keep it manageable with braces and cream rubs…less use of computer keyboard but then No game for you …just can’t make some here understand the joys of CT and nerve damage.

3 Likes

You tell’em Evilperiod… :heart:

1 Like

Oh boy, yeah that would mess anyone up for life. Thank you for your service :saluting_face: I’m glad you’re still able to enjoy that game despite the pain.

That is no easy profession that is for sure.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

They state a fact and they also state their opinion, I am sure they have read some of the topic. They have perfect right to say what they did. You may not agree with it, but they have full right to state how they see it.

Most of us see it the same way.

I think it’s good to have both. Sometimes with dragon-riding you’re not able to control the speed - if you’re trying for precision and short trip flight and i think thats the main reason. Wtih slow flight you’re able to take your time a bit.

1 Like

I think “easy” is a subjective verb that certainly is situational. Also, if Pathfinder is so “cake easy this time” then why does it even still exist? The whole point of this discussion is that we have people who’ve played this game for decades that cannot physically cope with dragonflight (aka Skyriding). These lovely people have bravely told their personal stories about WHY they cannot use Dragonfight, and their reasoning WHY Pathfinder should not be a requirement for Steadyflight. However, we have had nothing but SILENCE from Blizzard on this topic, and Pathfinder still exists to this day - it’s frustrating, to say the least.

So, I’m delighted that you and others think Pathfinder is “Cake easy this time” but we have players who are being ignored and disrespected (myself included) by the game developers.

6 Likes

Thank you Catelan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Esp for a female with small hands…its rough for sure…but I use to get the jobs done…blind riveting whole intake walls for the F-14 Jets after they have been refurb…

1 Like

Tell’em Catelan… :heart:

2 Likes

F14s are huge planes!

I concur because if it is trivial why does it exist? And if Pathfinder is not trivial then why does it exist to hinder players that can not use DR?

5 Likes

Or why isn’t DR being forced to do same pathfinder like the rest of us that want to use Steady Flying …its a dang two way street now…what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander…

4 Likes

Took me a while to enjoy it, but i still feels like crap when you have to stop because you ran out of vigor and stay idle for a while.

Or when you use your big burst and get blocked by a tree.

And it’s clearly not meant to scan areas with trees.

I wish we had a real time toggle to swap between both modes for convenience.

Pathfinder was a joke this time which makes me question even more why it was necessary. I had my preferred flying the day after EA went live. So why even bother delaying it at all?

4 Likes

And yet when I am high enough up, I easily can and then dive bomb on it. Took practice leveling to 80, but now I dont have to do it anymore.

They are trying to market DR to TBC normal flying users but I think it is having the opposite effect IMO.

1 Like

A few said it gave them motion sickness, which is a valid concern.

Others didn’t like the speed because it made things easier and faster to complete (strange to me).

Honestly, I don’t expect them to change anything, but you never know. I will posit whoever is behind not allowing both to be available at the same time must be a pretty sad individual. Dragon riding can either stand on its own, or it can’t. And a game well past it’s peak of popularity shouldn’t be doing anything to lose players. Especially over something as silly as what’s essentially a mini game.

I’ve been enjoying TWW, but dragon riding was the main reason I hardly touched Dragonflight and stopped playing for quite a while. So far it hasn’t stood in the way of me enjoying the game. In fact, I’ve been having fun with it. Doesn’t change my thoughts that both versions should always be available at the same time. Time will only tell if I slowly drop out of WoW again. lol

True. It is more immersive, if that’s what you’re looking. Some people don’t want that form of immersion cause it doesn’t work with how they play, or want to play. And if you’re concerned about immersion, then there are numerous mounts that have the dragon flight capability, but shouldn’t.

1 Like

As a Druid I can hover to collect herb or click in quest objectives without dismounting l. Is much easier to travel short distances on regular flying and land exactly where I want, I don’t have to deal with motion sickness even with the accessibility turn on.