Why do so many people dislike skyriding / dragonriding?

Apparently it makes it hard for botters. So all the wow dads hate it.

1 Like

I’m 80. Hit that by time was halfway through Ringing Deeps. Finally finished that zone and started Hallow. Did one quest hub and was like this is sucks running around on my ground mount and started to focus strictly on the “Main Story Quest”, now I’ve run by so many “!”, I am lost on what I need to catch back up on later story content. Landed in the last zone and don’t want to screw that up because it looks like you need to do some “!” not to lose ability to do that content because of phasing.

I’m not in any guild other than personal and not a member of any community and won’t leave my personal guild to join another guild with a stupid name or requirements. Yes, guild name means something to me so not joining guilds like “WeOwNtHiS” etc.

Now as far as “Steady Flight” verse “Sky Riding” I choose SF over SR because of my hand disability. However, I will use it if I am in a hurry to get from point A to B or a rare spawn where accuracy isn’t needed. But for harvesting, questing, taking my time exploring, SF is my preferred method.

While I am in the final stretch of the pathfinder, I now need to go backwards to hopefully find all the quests I skipped and don’t get phased out of doing that content.

Maybe the same with me even using a ground mount. Now after I abandoned doing the side quests, hopefully I can find the ones I skipped or got phased out of.

Maybe a good thing at start of the expansion, but when I was playing Dragon Flight, the Botters were using SF just as easily. So, all this did was make them harvest faster for profit, while hurting the people that prefer the old method for various reasons.

2 Likes

Mood, so many good story beats scattered around this time.

I would just look for a guild with like minded people, there’s plenty of chill guilds about. More so now that we have cross server allowances.

Personally, it’s the level of attention. If I’m flying from A to B over a long distance, I prefer to set and forget so I can work on something else as well. Usually this means alt-tab to check the wowhead page discussing the achievement/item/quest/etc pertaining to the location I’m going to. Instead of fly there, THEN check the page while my toon sits on their but. Also, I hate going long distances and running out of vigor, then having to land and sit there while it refills. That’s why I dislike it. Not that I care about others using it (although it can be annoying getting to an event or rare just as it dies). But I personally rarely use it.

Botters were using DR when TBC normal flying was locked away in DF so I am not sure who they are slowing down other than actual players!

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

The very fact that some in here think bots even need flying to do what they do is hysterical…as if botters didnt think “hey, lets just ground hoof it and farm those nodes”, lmao.

Or…maybe they know bots dont NEED flying to do what they do…and they just come into these flight threads to say annoying crap to disabled players to stir up some forum chaos to get attention.

My money is on the latter.

1 Like

They use fly hacks which existed in pre Burning Crusade. Once in a while in a battle ground you will see a player use a fly hack and it is obvious because they are not even use a flying mount to fly hack.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

it serves no purpose.

Ion said he wanted flight gone to make the world bigger and more dangerous.
ANY MODE of flight negates that…ALL flight does…hell, stealth kills the danger aspect when I can slide thru mobs anyway…so still faster if I dont have to fight it, even if Im on the ground gettting there. Thats why I ran Druid in SL.

Pathfinders SUPPOSED reason for existing was murdered in its bed in its sleep the second we had ANY version of flight available day one.

The attentiontrolls can keep saying edgy garbage to stir feces up in here and the FACT remains, PF serves NO purpose as far as what Ion SAID it was there for…to keep us on the GROUND for X amount of time in the expansion.

5 Likes

should? Absolutely
Can? Either obstinance, laziness or petulance will likely prevent it.

1 Like

Collective punishment of the player base to keep doing a ritual because BlizZard was humiliated ten years ago shows how petty they are IMVHO.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Honestly, I dislike Ions choices a lot of the time. But I can even get over the pointless ones in nearly every case…even though some of his decisions have cost me to pointlessly have to spend over a million gold total so far when I make new alts…ok…I’ll grit my teeth and try to get over it.

But this crap of knowing WHO is affected by PF now and keeping it going.
Im sorry, Reminds me of an old Alice Cooper song singing about force feeding a diabetic a candy cane every time the topic comes up. lol.

theres some things you just DONT DO…tormenting disabled/lesser abled human beings pointlessly is right there on the top of the list.

6 Likes

They made a thing called dragon riding or whatever and want to get usage out of it. That’s really it. Makes no sense to me too considering you already have fast flying, so what is slower flying going to magically do or disrupt lol

But that’s dev thinking for you.

3 Likes

Alice Cooper is a very compassionate man. BlizZard needs to learn some compassion and empathy by not gating TBC normal flying behind PF.

It hurts those unable to use DR the most to lock TBC normal flying.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

Mostly just the inane ramblings of a minority of WoW boomers and Classic Andys who would rather we be stuck on the ground. (Look at how well that went down during WoD and Shadowlands :unamused:).

It takes 0 skills to Skyride.

That’s a skill issue.

My favorite part is when you need to fly upward for a big elevation gain and my dragon gets tired halfway up and has a seizure and falls back down. Then I have to wait several minutes for it to recharge.

Or when it clips onto a tiny tree branch and I have to waste 3 vigor trying to unstuck it while I can’t see anything due to the camera clipping and my dragon having a seizure.

3 Likes

Like I said, skill issue

1 Like

it’s easy to make everyone happy here…

just make the mode-switch an instant ability with very low cooldown. EZ

fly the way you want when you want. simple.

There doesn’t seem to be any obvious skill with abruptly flying upward a long distance, and there are many such needs in the map layouts. I’m not talking about things you can glide to regain vigor, but steep mountains or the priory in hallowfall where there’s no way to avoid doing a big elevation gain in a short horizontal distance.

I don’t hate the dragon riding, but its definitely way more annoying and less functional than the old version.

1 Like